Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted)

+9
Léonál
Ragingal
Fivedollah
Hendie
Ronab
Felhaya
Localtje
Itsybitsy
Subeam
13 posters

Go down

Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Empty Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted)

Post  Subeam Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:25 am

General information:

Characters name: Subeam - untill Sunbeam decides to sell me the N, like he promised me way back
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Armory link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Subeam
UI screenshot:
https://2img.net/h/i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo229/Subeam1/WoWScrnShot_031509_220510.jpg
Played Time on your character:
167 days, 8 hours and 2 minutes (24 days at this level)
Profesions and level of professions:
Blacksmithing (415) and Herbalism (450), planning on Jewelcrafting once my cashflow is back up to bare another powerleveling :p
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):
Yes, on average my ms is between 75 and 150. It took forever to d/c that first night in Ulduar ;(

What other characters do you have?
* Meissie, my lock alt who disenchants my crap. Level 62 at the moment, working on getting her to 65 so she can go beyond 375 enchanting.
* Lumena (doh), my kitty pewpew, project after Meissie.

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes for 90% of the time, i do try to occasionally leave the house - can stay up till 3-ish, depending on sleepyness really.
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes, as above for the fridays i might occasionally go out - end time is same as for friday too.
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

For all of the "yes" goes, that there might be 1-2 nights per school semester where i have a parent-teacher meeting, but they're kind enough to warn me in advance Wink

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
Hmm, let's see.. I joined Eternals when you guys were busy trying to kill Kael'thas and raided with you for all of TBC, so go figure it out Laughing

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
My gear's a mix of best availables. Meaning that i realize my haste is rather on the low side, my crit is very high and for upgrades haste is definately taken over crit. But, as always, you can't make bosses drop what you want, when you want them to. I'm slightly over hitcap in a normal raidsetup, but not by much.
All in all, just the usual on how to improve it: assuming hitcap (missing on the 3rd AB is really not fun), spellpower > haste > crit > intel > spirit.
My offspec gear is almost the same, save for my bracers and belt. I switch those to get closer to the hitcap for FFB (0.6% under atm)
On a sidenote: i use Rawr aswell as my own brains to decide what's an upgrade.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
I like socketbonusses. Ok, seriously.. I've been thinking of getting the increased runspeed on my boots, since i can drop those 12 hit (and crit), although it would mean a bit more under hitcap for FFB. Also switching the gems from my boots and my shoulders to +sp/+haste, since i've not noticed much mana issues in the new patch yet. (was waiting on results of the spirit change). All the other ones seem pretty much self-explanatory. Best blue gems are sp/spirit, as both stats increase dps.

What glyphs are you using and why?
I use Glyph of Molten Armor, since the extra crit i get from molten armor outweights the regen loss i'd have using mage armor.
Next is Glyph of Arcane Blast, buffing my main nuke seemed a good idea Wink
And last is Glyph of Mana Gem, to help me get from one evo to the next. I'd be willing to see how the Arcane Power Glyph would be, in comparison.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Notable.. no. I swap 2 items for FFB, which are Bindings of the Expansive Mind and Plush Sash of Guzbah. Leaving me still a bit under hitcap, so not ideal. Experience-wise, i've only raided as FFB 3 times in WotLK, however i am up to date, know the rotations etc. etc.
Glyphs i use for FFB are Living Bomb, Frostfire Bolt and Molten Armor.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
Not an issue, since i already have one and plan to get another one. Smile

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
As explained in the pm, Ronab.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
As a mage, i provide dps, reliable cc, quick decursing, vendoring machine. Order of importance differing per fight Wink
As Arcane, the Focus Magic buff is a nice addition (swapping from ffb to a fm build will sooner or later be prevented)
I wouldn't necessarily say a mage has an advantage over other classes, it depends on the nature of a fight. However i don't agree with the QQ about mages needing to be buffed and how unfair it is that hybrids can do decent dps too (when specced into it ;p). We're fine!

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Nothing. I like the challenge of mana issues, i like fighting for my dps, and i like cuddling with healers so they'll not let me die when i get hit 3x in a row with the fireballs Razorscale spews out.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
All the things i added before, a solid dps-er, a friendly person, and sometimes a nab. :p

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Some more to do to keep me distracted from the fact i have no rl. I love raiding, i don't want to become a Loremaster ;(

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Brb, got to pick up my daughter from school Wink
And i'm back.. Well, for those of you who don't know me yet: Hi, i'm Rita. I'm 31 years old, living in Nijmegen (that's in the Netherlands, NOT in Holland!) with my 2 children, age 5 and -almost- 9. My interests are as varied as my taste in music, but my main hobbies are WoW and singing. Sometimes reading a book, when it's sunny outside. Cool Since i'm a grown up (well, officially anyways ;p) i don't have to answer to family who nag me. My youngest goes to bed early, and my oldest enjoys watching me kill bosses. He plays Warcraft III, and recognizes alot of what is going on. Very Happy

Additional information which you would like to name?
I hate writing applications. o.O
But i hope reading it isn't as bad.

Greetings, Subbie sunny
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted) Empty Re: Subeam - Arcane Mage (Accepted)

Post  Itsybitsy Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:42 am

Subbie back to raiding?

Ohhhh Smile
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Localtje Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:42 am

Subeam I love you
Localtje
Localtje
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am

I love you
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:55 am

Subeam wrote:Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
Hmm, let's see.. I joined Eternals when you guys were busy trying to kill Kael'thas and raided with you for all of TBC, so go figure it out Laughing

Hmm, Ive never heard of this Subeam. Who are you?

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hendie Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am

Very Happy

Hendie
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:04 am

hi babe, nice app, id advise u to use the glyph of AM, and arcane power, over molten armor and mana gem.

see you dont have student of mind, and rather have arcane stability and magic attunement, which is fine i guess, if u like evocation, and know when to without getting stunned Surprised eventhou pushback isent isent really that of an issue, and range isent that bad either atm.

good luck on your app, and hope u get accepted, would quite like u back in eternals Very Happy
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:07 am

You mention this thing called CC in your app... What is this?? I seem to remember it being mentioned in Shattered Halls once, but other than that it seems to be an unfounded myth.
Gl with the app subby
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for all the sweet replies <3

On topic, Five:
Well, if pushback really isn't an issue (i figured it would be, with all the aoe in Ulduar fights tbh), i'd GLADLY drop it! I prefer Student of Mind. Not that Evo is much of a problem.. sofar. Though, the glyph of missiles over molten armor? From what i understood, it's effectively a ~6% increased crit chance on the missiles, i get 7.1% extra crit on all spells using the molten armor glyphed.. haven't checked howmuch crit i have using molten armor unglyphed though (recently, that is). So i guess i'll check that out. Smile

@Ronab: /sigh, got a new pc since TBC, so don't even have the screenies anymore to refresh your memory Sad
@Ragingal: reroll paladin for Shattered Halls and never see cc again! Wink
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am

Naise app there subeam (:

Good luck x

Léonál
Eternals Member

http://www.dedipower.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:48 am

25% increased crit _dmg_, not crit chance. on AM is quite nice with 3xAB stacks up, and mage armor vs molten armor means more aggressive play(letting more than 3xAB up waiting for a AMproc), but then again depends on ur playstyle. but def AM>mana gem. and as most of your dmg output is done on cds AP+IV+trinket, 3sec extra on your AP is pro, but 2 must glyphs is AM and AB.
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:51 am

Do you know Itseh IRL ? :>

Good luck :p
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:33 am

Yes, Fanthom. He got me to play in the first place, so all possible complaints should go directly to him Wink

And right, 25% crit dmg.. typos. Just wondering, is that fixed then after all? Becaus i'm positive there was alot of comment on it, as the 25% was not including multipliers/calculations on critchance, leaving the glyph rather useless (somewhere around 6% more dmg after including those to the equation, though my crit is rather high, so might be a bit higher). And still i'd use it majorly for longer fights, when i'd have to resort to the mana saving mode for longer duration. Then again, i suppose 2k less mana from my gems might push me into mana saving mode more often. I normally play an agressive evo method, so missiles aren't used all that often unless procs are good. Again, i'd much more likely adapt that playstyle for longer duration fights, or heavy-random-stuff-flying-around kinda fights. drunken

As always, i'd be happy to test it out, see how things work, or don't work. And then i got it sorted, and Blizz comes up with another quick-fix. o.O
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hykos Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 am

Really nice app Su Su!
Would be great to have you back, altho you'd have to promise to always geif the Ross man some struudle. And int. Cos our current mages phail. Yes, that's you Five.
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekia Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Very Happy <3

Mekia
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:31 pm

2k mana = 1,5AB at the 3xstack :p but most fights have room for evocations without too much downtime atm, tbh, just find sum loops every here and there. loosing the 2set might be tough thou, but i'd be more than happy to give u a trial ^^ up to u ronab Smile
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:00 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_de_seigneur

<-
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 am

with my 2 children, age 5 and -almost- 9.
Tad late for Droit de Seigneur, me thinks Razz

Got my glyphs changed to the suggested ones, Five.. preliminary testing show a slight increase on mana saving mode, slight decrease on mana burning mode. I'd say the difference will have to come from longer duration. Gonna keep these glyphs for a bit then to see how they'll do in bossfights. Smile
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:27 am

Gief - simple as

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:44 am

Ok, we're gonna offer you a trial. wisper an officer or myself for an invite.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Tíddles Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Welcome ! Very Happy

Didnt know you back in the day ! Looking forward to get to know you Wink
Tíddles
Tíddles
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down