Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Vote_lcap60%arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Vote_lcap40%arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted)

+2
Subeam
Deadlysnake
6 posters

Go down

arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Empty arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted)

Post  Deadlysnake Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 am

General information

Character name: Deadlysnake
Class: Mage
Race:Human (was human to stand high over those gnomes, but still they like likking me, must be me:D)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Deadlysnake
Got also a nibulung weapon lying around, so can change if needed
UI screenshot: http://nl.tinypic.com/r/e0k8y1/6
i use the regular ui of blizzard, just because i like it, filled with the raid adons like omen, recount, dbm. Also i took decursive as an adon so i can decurse when needed.
Last adon i use is one for my bags named arkinventory. can add adons when needed offcourse.
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80): 77 days and 16 hours. 42 days of those on level 80.
Professions and level of professions: tailoring and enchanting (can always change to something else if needed)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes, never got any dc's, fps inraid 30-60

What other characters do you have?
got one lvl 80 dk dps alt, but he isnt that well geared.

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Ye
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes Till 00:00
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes Till 00:00
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

(can stay longer then 00:00 if really needed)

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

started raiding in tbc, karazhan, za, gruul, maggy, on farm tk 3/4, scc everything but the last boss, mount hyjal same thing, and black temple 4 bosses before the 30 procent nerf, after that cleared everything exept for black temple: cleared that when wrath came out.

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.
Naxx
Ulduar 10 9/14, Ulduar 25 3/14
Totc 10 man cleared.
Havent dont toc on 25 but know the strategys.
Icc 10 11/12, ICc25: 6/12

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.
First and for all: i make sure i am hitcapped all the time, which at the moment i am way over the hitcap (it comes all from gear at the moment)
Second i like to have more spell power but since that primary comes from gear too, i am searching for more haste. Lasty comes crit, try getting crit haste gear, but not every piece have both.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
all red sockets get 23 sp, for the yellow sockets i get 12sp + 10 haste and almost all blue sockets get 12sp+10 spirit,
the spirit is to get a little more crit. Here again i can change the 12spellpower+10 spirit to red gems if needed. Then i miss the socket bonus but get a little more spellpower out of it.
for enchanting i go for more spellpower as well. Since i am an echanter i also have spellpower on both my rings. Chest i go for more stats. Boots at the moment i have 12 hit rating and crit, but can change that without any problems. Was planning to change it to the run speed boost, which is nice in the sindragosa fight, since you can get away faster when she suck you in, but blink does that job to:)

What glyphs are you using and why?

glyph of arcane blast - Since it is my main spell in my rotation. (try using it three to four times until arcane pissles is popped.
glyph of arcane missiles - my filler spell, along with arcane blast these are my most important spells
glyph of molten armor - 20 procent of my spirit now applys on crit asswell. I know that crit isn't that important in arcane mage, but since it is like the only glyph that is handy for arcane mages i took it.

for minor glyphs, i took glyph of slow fall, so i can use it whenever needed. also the arance intellect one. and the pinguin for sheeps. Nowadays peoples seem to aoe the heck out of the trash but in tbc, (the eye for example, i was the one who was resposible for keeping certain mobs sheeped. and hell who doesnt like pinguins:p
Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?

My spec is a regular arcane mage spec exept for the fact that i dont have slow. My focus in the arcane is to getting more spellpower, and get more haste, also delivering a boost to my fellow raiders.
i've also chosen arcane to play a little more with my mana due to arcane power. I get pull out 20 procent more damage but it also costs 20 procent more mana. So i use it at those times when it is the best to use, For example when heroism is popped i usually pop arcane power to. And when there is an enrage, i pop it aswell just to pinch that extra procent out.
I use to be frostfire mage, and ice mage in tbc. so i also have experience in those trees. I have absolutely no problems with changing my spec if necessary.
At the moment, my frostfire sucks so i going to respec that tree to the regular fire mage build.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
I played al the trees, so have experience in them all. Problem at the moment with my frostfire is that i am a little low on crit to get decent damage out of it. If i need to change to firebuild again, then i also going to focus some more on crit gear ass well.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
I have tailring and enchanting and like to help out where needed offcourse. If i need to change to another profession i have absolutely no problems with doing so.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Classic: Due to in guild problems i left the guild. the problems were that alot of members had left to more hardcore raiding guilds. The last month i was in the guild, there was completely no raiding any more since like all the raiders had left.
so i went to search for another guild.
Angels of Darkness: I found that in angels of darkness. I actually liked it alot there. Got to do some raiding which i jsut love to do. But also here, peoples were leaving and there was not really any recruitment.LAst couple of weeks it was even hard to get 10 peoples online to do a ten man run.
it seems that you guys are having a little angels of darkness invasion. And i think the comming days even more of us going to apply.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
since mages do some nice damage in raids, also get pop that extra 20 procent damage into it when the time is right.
Also who doesnt like extra intellect that we give. Lastly i am known to my friend as to always brings cookies to the raid. Who doesnt like biscuits right:D
i Know that i am probably not the best mage, but i dont suck, or atleast i dont think i suck:p.
When i make mistakes, i try to learn from my faults, so i don(t make the same mistake again.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
At the moment, i dont see where i can change anything, exept maybe my boot enchant and slow in the arcane tree if needed. I do however have to change my offspec fire. If you guys want me to change to fire, i will do that asap. I don't have any problems in changing if asked.
Since i am looking forward to cataclysm alot. Will probably buy it the second it is out. I know that alot of changes are coming so will prop have to change my spec or gear alittle around then. But it is just part of the game, so don't see any problems in doing so at that time.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
a decent, dedicated dps er. I take raiding seriously so am focused while raiding.(however i believe that raiding has to be fun asswell so a laugh once in a while is great, but when i need to be focused i am). Since i don't only love raiding but love doing instances asswell, i can help wherever possible.
i have abolutely no problems with sitting on a bench for a couple of weeks and let other peoples raid. everybody needs to have fun and enjoy the game, so don't have any probles with that.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
A fun group of peoples, who enjoy raiding and doing instances. And that can laugh once in a while.

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?
While apart from palabulous, kordin, and xida from angels of darkness i don't know anyone. Maybe trumpetke, but don't know she raided with me while she was in angels of darkness.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
My name is Johan Van Nieulande, i am 23 years old, live in belgium, still going to college (have exams at the moment but that doesnt stop me from playing at the evening:d

Additional information which you would like to name
My friend call me deadly, the name says it all, i love killing baddies so that's how i role. This is me trying to rap, but you see i suck at it. I believe i am better a dpsing, then singing.
I know that you guys most likely have more then enough ranged or mages for that matter. But i don't have any problems with giving other peoples a change to play.
I read up on bosses and instance before going to raids, and like (thanadeshe a friend of me from old classic can tell i think), i am a person which picks up on tactic rather fast, and i learn fast to.

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Empty Re: arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted)

Post  Subeam Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:09 am

Saving myself a pm from Killy. ;p

Nice app, good to hear you're aware of the fact you're over hit cap. Sometimes it can't be helped due to all the wrong loot dropping for ages, but sometimes it can.. If you have the haste/crit bracers from ToC, equip them, they're an upgrade over the ones you have. If you don't have them, maybe pug ToC till you do? Cause there's not much choice of good bracers in ICC unless you've managed to drop alot of other hit items. <insert QQ Blizz for hating us arcane mages>

As you mentioned yourself, you can swap the boots enchant to speed increase. Movement is the weakest link for your dps (well, apart from dying ofcourse ;o), so anything to minimize that is good. Which leads me to your spec, i noticed you have 3/3 in SotM. As you said yourself, crit isn't that interesting for arcane mages, are you struggling for mana? If not, those points could be spend in Arcane Stability for reducing pushback to the point where your 5th missile will not be lost and more range, which leads to having to move less.

There's 1 gem i'd change, since the socket bonus isn't worth it (not telling you which one, it's easy to find on Elitist Jerks!) and i'm wondering why you've not got Black Magic on your weapon..
Btw, howmany EoF are you away from getting 4-set T10? Or did you chose not to take it for some reason?

Anyways, good luck Smile
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted) Empty Re: arcane/fire mage deadlysnake(accepted)

Post  Deadlysnake Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:20 am

hey. Yeah, the bootenchant is defenitly going to change, i am aware of that, and have bought the mats, fact is armory still takes an old screenshot ow well.
its just that apart from that it all comes from my gear. blame blizz, lol qq and blame:p.

It is indeed very hard to find decent bracers. I know that there are better, but haven't seen them drop yet.
The fact why i don't have black magic is that i want to increase my spellpower first. But like i said in the application can change when needed, since i am enchanter and i have a shitload of mats:p.
dont have enough frost tokens to get the four piece set bonus, its actually a little personal choice of myself, since some of the gear i have on those points is better then the 10 man parts, and since i havent got the opportunity yet to raid 25 man, ive chosen not to take them yet.

However, when i have the chans to get them and raiding 25 i will certainly change them unless i find better pieces again:p

atleast thanks for the reply subeam, and i dont know if you remember but couple of months ago, i talked to you in whisper, you were in my friends list somehow:p. But i doubt it you remember:D

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:24 am

I knew i recognized the name! ^^

Btw, while going for spellpower is a great thing to do, it's weighing the 63sp (100% uptime), against 250 !! haste on proc, and it procs alot.
Found the gem yet?

unless i find better pieces again:p
Must be one hell of an upgrade to outweigh 18% more damage for 30s every 3 mins... T10 4-set bonus is awesome Wink
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 am

it is indeed a personal choice between the haste proc and the extra spelllpower, dont know how much it procs, fact is that i havent changes my enchants from the moment i got that weapon, at that time the extra spellpower was handy since i was undergeared. At this time it is maybe better to change. But can do that without any problems.

The four piece set bonus is indeed very nice, have to read a little more about it. Frost emblems at the moment are on the low site, but easy to get if your raiding and doing the dailys every day:d
tbh searching at elitist jurks, seem i so stupid i cant find it lol:p. flame flame yes i know its not good that i cant find it:

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 am

Bah, i thought it was on the front page of the Arcane thread, but it's somewhere in the 52 pages of replies.. sigh, they should update more!
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:39 am

forgot to say before that the boot enchant is changed from this morning, armory seems to be slow again=s

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Killwolf Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:13 am

Ok again same case as Kasah sory for the late reply, same reason as Kasah
Student of mind seems to be bugin me in your spec, cause i see other mages putin 1point in Magic atunment and 2 in arcane stabitly so woud u comment on that?
Enchants seems fine exept the weapon one but u did explain that
One thing do abaut gear u have vendor cloak witch costs 60 badges instead of savin in for 4set tier 10? what was your previus cloak?
One more thing u have one item wrongly gemed , care to tell me witch one?
Killwolf
Killwolf
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 am

hey, no problem about the late reply.

Why i choose student of the mind, is more of a persona choice since i liked having the extra spirit, noting that a part of the spirit counts towards crit to. Also when i was gearing up in ICC in the beginning, my mana sucked and was way to low. Howevver this is not longer the case. Like i mentioned i have absolutely no problems with chaning any points in my spec. The extra 3 yards that i can get seems sweet, but i never had any problems with the distance between me and the boss. but since in a lot of fights we have to move, the extra 3 yards seems indeed handy.
if i would change somthing in my spec it would indeed be the student of mind thing and change it to the 40 procent reduction in pushback and an extra 3 yards.

Why i choose for the cloak badges one is that my previous cloak i remember well was the only piece that was still from naxx 25. (the one from kelthuzad if i am not mistaken). so the badges were a huge improvement in the one i had. i am however doing every daily i can find, to gather frost badges for the fourt piece of my tier gear. it will prop take a while but i will get there.

the one piece i gemmed wrong, i still havent found it i am afraid. I checked the coulours of the gems yesterday i they seemed to be right. However i can change one of my blue gems, into a red one. or yellow one for more haster. Example. I can change the one in my hand, i loose the 10 spirit, i loose the gem sockets bonus of plus 5 dps. But if i enter a red one. i still gain 6 spell power. I can also change it to haste, then i gain haste but i loose 5 spellpower. So i am actually wondering what the best is, or where i can change it.
well i know my spec and my rotation but i have absolute no problems with learning new thing, or chaning anything if that makes me better, so if you have any more questions just ask:D

cheerio. Deadly.

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Killwolf Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 am

Acepted for trial, we me or any other officer in game.
Be warned, as we have 2 mages who are prety active lately u might be rotated for few runs.
Killwolf
Killwolf
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

like i said, i have absolutely no problems with being roled, or sitting on a bench. so i understand perfectly. Had a talk with subeam, he helped me out a little on the gemming part so that is fixed ass well as my spec.

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 pm

deadlysnake wrote: Had a talk with subeam, he helped me out a little

/Giggle Very Happy
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 am

yeah i know giggle back, it is a she stupid me:D

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 am

Too old.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivid Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:53 am

Pests.

Vivid

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:09 am

Correction Rigs.. you're too young Razz
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down