Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Vote_lcap60%Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Vote_lcap40%Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined)

+8
Fanthom
Felhaya
Grimax
Duddjaco
Rigsby
Tíddles
Jantimir
Oghunter
12 posters

Go down

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Empty Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined)

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 9:01 am

General information:

Characters name: Oghunter
Class: Hunter
Race: Night Elf
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Oghunter
UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img136/1224/85677985.png
Played Time on your character: 60 Days, 18 hours
Profesions and level of professions: Enchanting 415
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes, about 100ms or lower.

What other characters do you have?
46 Rogue, 38 Priest, 22 Paladin, 11 Warlock, 65 Death Knight

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No (Please write lastest time you could raid till here)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No (Please write latest time you could raid till here)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes/No

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair.
Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
right now I'm 3/5 T7.5, hoping to get 5/5, and in the future 5/5 T8.5. Almost full epic, just 1 trinket i need to replace.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
I've tried to get hit cap, and I did, but now I got my new boots, i'm not anymore, so i'm aiming for that again.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Major Glyphs: Explosive Shot, Kill Shot, Steady Shot. For more damage(of course).
Minor Glyphs: Possessed Strength, Scare Beast, Feign Death. I don't know what else to fill those slots with.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
I use PvP gear for my offspec(Beast Mastery). I know how to play it, since I always leveled in Beast Mastery.
We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
I have Enchanting, don't know if that counts, and I have low Herbalism, but I don't level it, to much work, and wouldn't know where to start.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Tempest: Not to long ago it reformed, but disbanded again.
Frequency: Leader and much of the other fun people left, it became a dull guild.
The Three Realms: Got kicked for stating a shared opinion about one of the officers.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
DPS, It does some good DPS, even with not so good gear.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Better aggro management, I almost always overaggro tanks.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
My DPS, a good laugh occasionaly.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Not sure, some great raid progression.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Yorrick Dekempe, 15 years old, Bruges, Belgium, Music, WoW, ... xD, Student, no-one really. Razz

Additional information which you would like to name?
None really, I think everything has been stated above, if you wish to know anything else, just whisper me ingame or post it here.

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Empty Re: Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined)

Post  Jantimir Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am

whats with the colors, very hard to read
Jantimir
Jantimir
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) Empty Re: Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined)

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 9:24 am

jantimir wrote:whats with the colors, very hard to read
It's easier to see the difference between Q&A, and makes it look better aswell Razz
btw, how u doing janti? Wink long time no see.

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tíddles Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 am

I like it :d
Tíddles
Tíddles
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 am

Easy to read....Jan put on ur glasses!

Oh ye, hunters do have threat problems, they need an ability to wipe their threat periodically in my opinion.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 9:52 am

Tightbriefs wrote:Easy to read....Jan put on ur glasses!

Oh ye, hunters do have threat problems, they need an ability to wipe their threat periodically in my opinion.

Well, we do have Feign Death, resets aggro, but as soon u start dpsing again, u get same aggro gain as before, so there just should be a talent or buff that lowers aggro.

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Duddjaco Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 am

OMG sarcasm test phail :O

Duddjaco
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimax Sun May 10, 2009 11:51 am

Its kinda stupid to be aiming for 5/5 t7 since the 4 sets bad and stats on certain peices are bad compared to off peices in Nax etc

The only reason I use it is because my guild dosnt love me and never gives me any loot
Grimax
Grimax
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Grimax wrote:Its kinda stupid to be aiming for 5/5 t7 since the 4 sets bad and stats on certain peices are bad compared to off peices in Nax etc

The only reason I use it is because my guild dosnt love me and never gives me any loot

Hehe, true, but imo some valorous pieces are better then some items I have atm. So... Razz When I find something better, I'll wear it ofc.

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Did a pug with oghunter, asked me at the start to post what I thought of him... I don't know anything about huntards though, so I've just made some screenshots... I'm sure someone else can make out if those percentages mean you have a decent rotation...

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/10dshvc.png

PS: on sjonnir the healer told us to kill adds (look at "dmg done to")
PPS: no one asked for the recount stats to be spammed in party channel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Dwiest wrote:Did a pug with oghunter, asked me at the start to post what I thought of him... I don't know anything about huntards though, so I've just made some screenshots... I'm sure someone else can make out if those percentages mean you have a decent rotation...

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/10dshvc.png

PS: on sjonnir the healer told us to kill adds (look at "dmg done to")
PPS: no one asked for the recount stats to be spammed in party channel.

Oh, didn't see Lorg said that, and well, the recount... that's just a habit of mine in PuGs, so my flaw Razz

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Sun May 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) 0-4-3
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Felhaya wrote:Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) 0-4-3

Looks cool, but what's it for? =)

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm

OMG MALE NE - No from me, unless you get a sex-change (cheapest in Asia)
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Sun May 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Fanthom wrote:

What's the problem with male NE?

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thesage Sun May 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Oghunter wrote:
Fanthom wrote:

What's the problem with male NE?

Youre a male NE
Thesage
Thesage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Thesage wrote:Youre a male NE

Survival Hunter - Oghunter (Declined) 9_12joel_home

(sick burn)
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Hello there Og:

Gear:

Enchants are not the best for Survival. Whats with the res enchant on head? Correct me if im wrong (since its a while since I bought it) but you are exalted with the Ebon Blade who sell a better head item enchant. You need to work on your hodir rep for shoulders. Attack power meta needs to be replaced for agility meta. In fact its best to gem for pure agility as much as possible, although as your not a Jewelcrafter you need to get other gems to achieve the meta.

You say your aiming for 5/5 valourous. As grim touched on there are better items out there from Naxx / OS / EoE raids, you really only need 2 bits of the tier set for the bonus. A simple google search for best in slot items will help you out.

Spec:

No points in Go for the Throat....which is required for any spec so you don't focus starve your pet. Your under hit cap hence the points in Focused Aim (im not sure you are soft capped even with the points in focused aim). Can I suggest that you ge the Accuracy trinket from Wintergrasp? yes its a pvp trinket but it has lot of hit on it to help you out and its easy to get. Once you get that: Focused aim ---> Careful aim

Can i ask what is your shot rotation priority?

Do you have anny WWS reports?

We have 4 hunters in the guild now (if the 4th has transferred over??), So we could be crammed for space, but I'll leave that up to Ronab and the officers.

Good luck with the app mate. Smile
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Mon May 11, 2009 4:14 am

Beaker wrote:Hello there Og:

Gear:

Enchants are not the best for Survival. Whats with the res enchant on head? Correct me if im wrong (since its a while since I bought it) but you are exalted with the Ebon Blade who sell a better head item enchant. You need to work on your hodir rep for shoulders. Attack power meta needs to be replaced for agility meta. In fact its best to gem for pure agility as much as possible, although as your not a Jewelcrafter you need to get other gems to achieve the meta.

You say your aiming for 5/5 valourous. As grim touched on there are better items out there from Naxx / OS / EoE raids, you really only need 2 bits of the tier set for the bonus. A simple google search for best in slot items will help you out.

Spec:

No points in Go for the Throat....which is required for any spec so you don't focus starve your pet. Your under hit cap hence the points in Focused Aim (im not sure you are soft capped even with the points in focused aim). Can I suggest that you ge the Accuracy trinket from Wintergrasp? yes its a pvp trinket but it has lot of hit on it to help you out and its easy to get. Once you get that: Focused aim ---> Careful aim

Can i ask what is your shot rotation priority?

Do you have anny WWS reports?

We have 4 hunters in the guild now (if the 4th has transferred over??), So we could be crammed for space, but I'll leave that up to Ronab and the officers.

Good luck with the app mate. Smile

I've just been getting the best enchants I can make myself, so I get my enchanting up and saves some money.

About the hit cap, I've mensioned it in my application itself, and I'm working on that hit cap atm.
I used to be hit capped with my PvP boots, but I've got a PvE boot drop in Ulduar wich are slightly better.

If you could tell me where to get my Knights of the Ebon Blade tabard, then I'll be getting that enchant asap. The SoH shoulder enchant I allready have, but aiming to get the epic version of it.

My shot rotation is as followed: Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Aimed Shot, Explosive Shot, Steady Shot spam, Aimed Shot/Black Arrow, etc.

Uuuuh, WWS report? what's that m8? Smile

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon May 11, 2009 5:55 am

Ebon Blade tabard = the quartermaster in Shadowvault (as you enter on your lefthandside). There's also 3 dailies at the Shadowvault which are very very easy to do, all in one village and the mobs drop bones which you can turn in with an npc in the cave in that village (ffs, can't remember what the village is called and am too lazy to look it up too :p) in exchange for rep + some rune thingies which i'm personally saving up just incase a few patches ahead there'll be a raid instance in Icecrown Exclamation

Have fun with the repgrind ^^

edit2: This is WWS It's like Recount, but better.

Last edited by Subeam on Mon May 11, 2009 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos, as per usual >.<)
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 am

Hey, we've decided to decline your application, we cant really fit in another hunter currently.
GL with your search for a raiding guild.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Mon May 11, 2009 8:29 am

Aha, k, and btw, for WWS, do I just run WWS client while in wow?

Thx about the tabard info, i'll go get it Wink

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oghunter Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 am

Ronab wrote:Hey, we've decided to decline your application, we cant really fit in another hunter currently.
GL with your search for a raiding guild.

Alright, thanks and GL in raids Razz

Oghunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down