Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted)

+3
Ronab
Jantimir
Korganaxe
7 posters

Go down

Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Empty Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted)

Post  Korganaxe Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:34 am

General information:

Characters name: Korganaxe
Class: Hunter (survival)
Race: Dwarf (critically hit bonus on guns)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Korganaxe
UI screenshot: Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Wowscrnshot081109191907.th
Played Time on your character: 104 day 8 hours and 28 min
Profesions and level of professions: Skinning (450) Leatherworking (375) gonna drop Leatherworking today and gonna pick up Herbalism which is a nice way to supply my Shaman of flowers so I can craft flasks and pots.
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes got a 20 MB connection and the max MS I had so far is 150. Also my FPS is 60 as I just made a new computer.

What other characters do you have?
Well most of you guys already know me from TBC where I played my Shaman in Eternals which is also level 80 atm named Korgän (armorylink at the bottom) and I own a level 71 warrior.
My shaman has been my main for a long time and I raided all the way up to Yogg with it and also did some Hard Modes with it. His gear is sufficient to be either Elemental or Resto. I have some Enhancement gear but this is lightly enchanted and gemmed.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Korg%C3%A4n

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Not sure yet either Wednesday or Thursday will be my training night
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Not sure yet either Wednesday or Thursday will be my training night
So one of this night will be a No training will start in two weeks till that time I can attend both nights.
Friday 19:30-xx:xx – No, if I can raid the maximum time I can stay is 23:30 as I go out then to the pub.
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - No
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

Vanilla WoW
Molten Core: Cleared twice on my hunter
Zul’ Gurub: Cleared mutiple times on my hunter
AQ 20: first two bosses

TBC:
Hunter:
All the way up to Mother Shiraz before the Nerf but no Quel’ Thas and Lady Vashj

Shaman: With Eternals all the way up Kalecgos before the nerfed everything, also had some first kills with you guys.

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?

On my hunter I haven’t done Ulduar yet but on my shaman I have, and did all bosses up untill Yogg Sharon and did had some night on him so I know the basics of the fight.

Hard Modes
Flame Letvian – all towers up
XT-002 Deconstructor – Heartbreaker
Freya – done with one keeper up

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.

My current gear choice is a mixture of tier 7 and tier 7,5 and some items I got from badges or Naxx runs. Mostly I foccus on getting the minimum amount of hit first which was 165 so I could get hit capped by speccing foccused aim. After that I foccused on getting as much Agility / Attack power so I had a higher damage output. As you can see I have gemmed some Agi + hit Gems to reach the minimum of 165 hit. Currently I am on 172 (replaced the 70 ring armory shows) and when I get more gear with hit I will replace these gems with full Agi gems exept the ones that activated my Meta Gem. I will not go for Armor Penetration as Agility and other stats like Hit and Attack power are still superior versus the Armor Penetration. I can go full out with the calculation I read up about but that will be a long story but the base is 10% Armor penetration will give around 2,5% extra dps which is a loss versus the many Agility gems I can get instead of that. Off course if gear has Armor pentration plus a lot of Agi and hit I won’t turn it down
Gear I am currently foccusing on is a new back which I hope to get with badges a new ring which I will buy from AH or have it crafted. Also with the new Heroics I am farming as much as possible Emblems so I can get the Neck and the Tier 8,5 pieces.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

Head will be the enchant of Knight of Ebon Blade since it’s the best one for hunters
Shoulders will be Son of Hordir enchant.
Back: Agility as it’s the best stat ingame for us
Chest: Stats (agility basicly)
Wrist: Attack power as stats doesn’t give more
Hands: Agility
Belt – Belt buckle
Pants Attack power LW enchant
Boots: Attack power
Gun: Crit scope
Weapon: Attack power
Currently I have the cheap enchants as I am upping my gear in a rapid state which don’t makes it quite worth spending a lot off gold on it as it getting replaced in like a week each time. Higher items from Ulduar will get the highest enchants.

Gems are foccused on Agility and Hit. Some are with stamina to get the socket bonus but I when I get higher gear these will go for Agi only Gems.

Both faction aren’t high enough atm for my head and shoulder enchant as I foccus one Argent Crusade rep first for the chest but got tier 7 on a naxx run so switch to Knight of the Ebon Blade again. Should prolly ding revered tonight and for sons of Hodir I have around 300 items to turn in for rep so this is just a matter of doing the quest chain which I am currently doing. So will be honored Wednesday on both and work to exalted with SoH.

What glyphs are you using and why?

Major Glyphs
Glyph of Steady shot and will replace it later with Glyph Aspect of the Hawk (Armory might show glyph of Hunters Mark)
Glyph of Explosive Shot
Glyph of Kill shot (Armory might still show Aimed shot)

Glyph of mend pet (keeps them happy for the dmg bonus)
Glyph of Feigh death
Glyph of Revive pet

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

No but in the future I will prolly have some extra hit items on me incase we miss a hit buff from dranei’s or other hit buff

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

Currently I have none as I have two on my shaman Enchanting and Alchemy (elixer) But if it is necessary I will do it.

Talents:

Currently I am specced with foccus Aim to get my hit cap sorted but when I get more Hit I will loose this talent and will get 2 points in Improved Aspect of the Hawk and place the third in Expose Weakness again.

Other important dps talents are:
Lock and Load for the proc to fire 3 explosive shots with no CD’s.
Go for the throat to provide more rage for my pet
Noxious Stings so serpent sting provides 3% more dmg on my shots
Hunting Party giev Mana plx
Black arrow as it’s a awesome dmg shot
Explosive Arrow as it the main dmg shot atm

With my spec this will be my rotation in prio off CD while keeping the follow dots up:
Serpent sting will be up all the time

Black Arrow (BA)
Explosive Shot (ES)
Multishot (MS)
Steady Shot (SS)

So as soon as BA is off CD I pop it as goes for ES and MS filling the gaps with SS.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

Cantonium Elites – Dutch raiding guild but wasn’t the right pase for me
Eternals- Had some troubles with the raiding times back then so I decided it was best for me to leave. Left with no hard feeling from my side and I hope others felt like this aswell did miss you guys a lot during my raiding else where.
The Logical Cube – Couldn’t attend enough and the atmosfeer in the guild sucked hard times only came online to raid as the didn’t do anything else.
Some low guilds till now where I haven’t felt at home for one sec Bleh.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

DPS is the biggest role I currently have and maybe help tanks keeping aggro or picking mobs up with MD. Also add controll is nice as we can make a quick burst damage with all the instant shots or kiting.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

A dedicated player who is eager to rejoin the ranks that knows his class and is capable of reading up on bosses that are new to me. Also I know many of you from TBC so I can bring back some jokes I reckon Razz

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

I hope you can provide me with a solid raidgroup and fun in the game when not raiding also I remember the fun we had on Vent during raids and beside raids.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Well maybe some of you remember but my real name is Michael and my age is 23 and I live in the Netherlands. I have been working for 1,5 year at Free Record shop now and my hobby’s are Field Hockey, building PC, Games and going out with friends. And my naggin problem has stopped as I live on my own now Razz.

Additional information which you would like to name?

I know my character isn’t topped off yet but I will do this asap and by the end of the this week he should be having at least the correct rep with Knight of the ebon Blade and Sons of Hodir. Also I will be having a epic back and ring and hopefully one extra tier 8,5 items. I really hope you guys will give me chance to prove myself to you and I will make sure you won’t regret it. You know I keep my promises :Dhttp://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Korganaxe
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Empty Re: Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted)

Post  Jantimir Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 am

ok, i got a question

u say u were in a guild called : the logical cube, was it on eonar?

Last edited by jantimir on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jantimir
Jantimir
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted) Empty Re: Survival Hunter apply named Korganaxe (Accepted)

Post  Ronab Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:55 am

Hi korgan, Ronan here, nice to hear from you again.
Im curious why you chose glyph of steadyshot over glyph of serpant sting, could you justify this. Also in your shot priority you didnt mention killshot at all, where would that be on your prio?
Also what would the reason be for picking imp hawk over any other talents and how could you avoid needing points in imp hawk?

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

Please note Jantimir is a social of the guild and has no bearing on your application.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Oke well for the rep questions

I am currently on the quest of SoH and have 300 tokens waiting ones i hit friendly and can turn those in. As for Knight of the Ebon blade this is currently on 7900 rep so will be sorted tonight.

For ronan/b

Kill shot will be my highest priority ones is active as its a very high dmg doing shot off course if Serpent sting isn't on the boss that will go before it to get a extra 3% on the shot Cool after that my normal rotation goes on

Why did i choose SS over Serpent, well it's because i had Huntersmark in it and as i am only doing Heroic atm for emblems and mobs just die within 15 secondes the extra lenght isn't worth it atm and when i got enough Hit i will switch SS glyph for Aspect of the dragonhawk for its explanation about this check the part below.

The way i see it atm is that when i have enough hit i regain 3 talentpoints. Off course i can spend these in Aimed shot / Expose weakness and Hunting Party. But hunting party has a 15 seconde run timer so all the extra crits i have and the bit off agility i gain for 1% might not be worth it against a chance to get 3% extra haste plus the 6% from the glyph which make is a 9%. Also on a side i found a great post telling that the dmg difference betwee Multishot and Aimed shot is so low speccing Aimed shot isn't worth it versus the haste you get from imp hawk. So also that point can go to Imp hawk making it a but of 12% more haste which will give me quite a few extra Steady shots which is more dmg output in the long run i think. But i will have to test it first as i can't see to find my output digit on it on the web (still looking for it). If i off course notice the dmg output is lower than having the points in aimed shot and Hunting party with the serpent sting glyph i will change it back. So its kinda a test awell for me to see if the site was correct about the Imp Hawk speccing.

i hope this answer is clear for you if not ask me again.

Cheers
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Also on a side i found a great post telling that the dmg difference betwee Multishot and Aimed shot is so low speccing Aimed shot isn't worth it versus the haste you get from imp hawk.

If you break my sheep, i break you. Really. I'll hunt you down. Just so you know. Twisted Evil

So, how have you been? All going well i hope? Did you change jobs or something, btw? I seem to recall you quite often were running late for raids due to long travelling hours.. Well, anyways, good luck with the app. Smile
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Subeam wrote:
Also on a side i found a great post telling that the dmg difference betwee Multishot and Aimed shot is so low speccing Aimed shot isn't worth it versus the haste you get from imp hawk.

If you break my sheep, i break you. Really. I'll hunt you down. Just so you know. Twisted Evil

So, how have you been? All going well i hope? Did you change jobs or something, btw? I seem to recall you quite often were running late for raids due to long travelling hours.. Well, anyways, good luck with the app. Smile

I would not dare i remember you weren't to happy about that Razz

Well i am doing good moved out and living on my own now but i wasn't the one with the long travelling hours and thanks for the GL wishes.

Cheers
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Zax Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 pm

hey korgan good to here from you, good luck with application
Zax
Zax

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 pm

I apologise, mixed the travelling hours from work up with Tortor o.O Oh well, twas a shammie too, so atleast i remembered the right colour Razz Old age + tired = silly Subbie.
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:12 am

Gear is a little behind our current raiding level so hopefully you're running lots of heroics, naxx, etc for upgrades. Gems and enchants arent the best (rule of thumb: if the socket bonus is anything less than 8-10 agility just shove a pure agility gem in there, obviously making sure to gem for meta and hit though) though I guess your waiting on upgrades. And yes Agility>>>ArP for Survival builds.

Dropping a crafting profession for 2 gathering ones is a no no, you need at least one raid bonus from a crafting prof.

Spec is ok, since obviously you need the hit. As soon as you can free up those points I'd recommend putting 2 into hunting party and 1 into Aimed shot. Not sure about this post you read but the damage of Aimed shot and Multi shot is identical, the difference is obviously multi can hit 3 targets (which isnt necessarily a good thing when mages are spamming sheep) plus multi has a 0.5s cast time so isnt a true instant shot. Aimed can be used on the fly plus has the MS effect for those bosses/mobs who like to heal. I wouldnt put any points into IAofH as a survival hunter, mostly because you don't get a lot of time to weave steadies in between other shots.

Seems like he has a good idea of his class, gear needs work. I'd say give a trial, we could do with another hunter since our last trial didnt feel like hanging around. Very Happy
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 am

Hey Beaker,

I am indeed running many Heroic atm to get as much as possible Emblem and some rep also i got the Chest piece from ToC HC yesterday and that will replace my current chest and will get a nice agi gem Wink instead of the two i currently have in my tier 7.

Your remarks about MS are indeed true, tried the specc yesterday in some heroic and saw i was missing Aimed Shot when moving and also it can give some nasty aggro when adds pop up and you just use your MS off course i can FD but then you loose some DPS time eventually and you have FD on CD which can be tricky if you get aggro from a boss and have to stop dps.

The post where i found the things about Imp Hawk are on the following site, i found this site quite usefull as it gave information about most of the things on hunters.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2009/01/suvival-hunter-raid-talent-build/

And for the two gatering profession i won't then Wink i will have to check if am going to keep LW or might pick up something else as i will have to need to farm the mats to lvl it fast and correct.

Thanks for your advice and on giving me a chance for a trial Very Happy
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 am

Beaker wrote: I wouldnt put any points into IAofH as a survival hunter, mostly because you don't get a lot of time to weave steadies in between other shots.

See I was thinking more because even in my hunters gear (its bad) in a raid enviroment my steadyshots are already haste capped

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 am

Also true ronab given the number of buffs floating around (which is why i never use hunter CD's when heroism is up).

Nice site you linked there Korgan (especially like the extreme solo'ing stuff Very Happy ).

The post about IAofH is a bit dated but hey it might be worth some testing. Personally since Steady shot is always lowest on priority and I wouldnt see me holding off on other shots just to weave an extra one even if it's a quicker cast.

It's got me wondering how vital the talent is from an MM point of view. though it gives access to focused fire. Smile
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:11 am

lol, that wasnt an offer for trial, yet :p will let u know later.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 am

think he meant thanks for the vote of confidence....

(the bribe helped tbh)

Twisted Evil
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:36 am

Beaker wrote:think he meant thanks for the vote of confidence....

(the bribe helped tbh)

Twisted Evil

Yeah i meant that indeed on work and had to wrap the post quickly Laughing as my boss walked in.

But will off course keep checking the site for the final result Very Happy

Laters
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Oke Small Update:

I got a new trinket now from the ToC normal which gives a bit off ArP but has a better proc
Also i got the chest from ToC HC which needs an enchant and a gem still but that just a matter of AH and finding a Enchanter as i have the mats for it.
And got the cloack from badges which was a high upgrade as i had the one from Argent dawn revered.

Also Rep for my head enchant is sorted and i can turn in the marks to get honored with Sons Of Hodir.

So currently i have began starting to save for the tier 8,5 items.

Cheers
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 am

Rightio, Rigs asked me to make the final decision so we are gonna offer you a trial Very Happy (whisper tightbriefs, itsybitsy, ronab or any other officers for an invite).

We've already started a hardmode clear this week so I'd suggest you use this reset to clear as much content as possible (also there will probably be alt runs and 10 mans you can sign up for in guild) and get as many emblems (heroics, etc) as you can for gear upgrades.

And as soon as you can alter your spec slightly and upgrade your gems and enchants (I'd also recommend serpent sting glyph instead of steady but personal preference Very Happy )

Our last hunter trial lasted less than a week and didnt raid with us once, fingers crossed you'll do better lol!

edit: Also - Sons of Hodir rep....dont slack
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:29 am

Hey,

Thanks man Very Happy

I will transfer my character later tonight so i can hopefully get in on our Naxx 25 man run and get some more gear and emblems.

I already bought the Serpent Sting glyph Cool as it's defently better than the SS one.

Will see you guys tommorow ingame Very Happy

Cheers
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Korganaxe Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 am

Transfer is complete.

See you guys tonight.

PS. Got my tier 8,5 leggins yesterday and i started lvl'ing Leatherworking so i can get that nice 130 attack power enchant on my bracers Laughing
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 am

coolio. We'll have to get you in for Thorim hard mode. Hopefully the xbow will drop and you can has it. I'm sure ALL the other hunters in the guild have it already....

/giggle

Very Happy
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum