Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Vote_lcap60%manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Vote_lcap40%manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)

4 posters

Go down

manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Empty manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)

Post  Manelin Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 pm

General information

Character name: manelin
Class: shadow/holy priest
Race: human (saves time on those rep grinds lol)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Manelin
UI screenshot: http://www.putfile.nl/files/jpg/8419313325101117150124.jpg
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80): 94 days 19 hours and 26 secs... 80: 67days, 15 hours, 4 secs and increasing Smile
Professions and level of professions: enchanting and mooncloth tailoring at max lvl since aaaaaages ago and have herbalism, mining, inscription, and alchemy at max too. Leatherworking and Skinning at WoTLK lvls, Blacksmithing is slacking Sad

Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):
yes, barely have any dc's,,, except after patch dayz booooooo
around 100ms used to be like 50 ..

What other characters do you have?
lvl 80 Frost/Acrane Mage, Fury Warrior, and a DK i havent respecced yet since patch.
lvl 72 Rogue
lvl 41 Hunter
lvl 36 Tankadin

All Ally... who wants to be horde now anyways... well.. Except maybe goblin...

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)

ok well,, im trying to not get too complicated here,, but I probably will

I work in 2 shifts (early/late), sometimes 3 depending how many orders we have... so Ill write for all 3

early shift late shift night shift
Monday 19:30-00:00 Yes 23:30-xx 19:30-21:30
Tuesday19:30-00:00 Yes 23:30-xx 19:30-21:30
Wednesday19:30-00:00 Yes 23:30-xx19:30-21:30
Thursday 19:30-00:00Yes 23:30-xx 19:30-21:30
Friday 19:30-xx:xx Yes 19:30-xx yes-xx
Saturday19:30-xx:xx Yes-xx19:30-xx yes-xx
Sunday19:30-23:00 Yes-xxYes yes-xx

and -xx means: untill you guys stop..

PLUS. i have 13 days of vacation saved up for the release of cata.. so in december i only need to work 4 days after cata release... want to lvl my main up asap

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

no,, i done a couple of times kara near the time that WoTLK came out,, but that wasnt really raiding any more. I wasn't focussed on raiding yet

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.
i was in a semi-hardcore raiding guild around naxx10-25 and ulduar...but that guild fell apart when we were working on the last 3 bosses in ulduar.. since then I havent really found a guild that met up with my raiding objectives and efforts. and i really miss those times

nax full clear in 10/25
ulduar all but thorim freya and yogg.
toc full clear in 10/25
icc 10 => full clear with HC : Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, gunship of course, and rotface,
icc 25 => Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, gunship, Deathbringer, Festergut, Rotface and Dreamwalker with gunship on HC /faceroll

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.
well,, i've been holy most of my raiding life, and only started really working on shadow a while ago when i won quite a few OS rolls for nice gear (but lost on MS rollz), tried out shadow and realized: hey shadow is pretty fun too Smile. But your are looking for shadow, so i'll write from that perspective. I may have a little less higher gear in holy, but i have more raid experience, so i guess they can be considered equal. On the other hand, i have gathered that holy isn't that good any more in raids in cata, so maybe its all a good thing

im still in the process of changing my holy gear to shadow gear, but getting close....

so i have gone for hit first together with spirit. After that Intellect if i had the chance to,, and then crit and haste
i want another trinket badly,,, but I havent succeeded yet in winning a roll for a better one,,, but with the int,, i guess its not really that bad

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
first i went for hit,, as much as i could,,, or spirit, or combination
and also haste

What glyphs are you using and why?

Prime: -Glyph of Mind Flay less time wasted updating DoTs
-Glyph of Shadow Word: Death when it crits twice, its just pure awesomeness
-Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain since theres nothing else better yet.

Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?
i tried to find a good way to fill up all the standard talents you find around on the internet together with 1 or 2 personal preferences

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

yeh,, im holy as 'offspec' with 4T10 pieces rest of my gear is also pretty up to standards and i have raided as holy 90% of my raid career

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

i have tailoring and enchanting at max lvl. yes i would have rerolled a proffesssion if it was needed. The rest of my profession details are int he previous question that went about professions, so i'll refer to there

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

BeDutch: also fell apart, but most joined United Low Lands after
United Low Lands: was a super guild, but unfortunally fell apart
and now...Well, I joined a guild that was recruiting and seemed to be ok.. but my god,,, so many nabs,,, its almost even worse then a pug :s :s from raiding perspective

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
As someone who is willing to do what it takes to be a valuable part of the raiding team and work with everyone to overcome the biggest challenges that Wow raid designers can throw at us.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
make my gear look more sexy Razz => aion-sexy

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
I'm a very reliable raider, if i can be on WoW, ill be here. And im versatile, and in cata ill be even more versatile, because its an objective to get more then just my main char raiding.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
be an exciting guild for me that can fill in my raiding needs, meet some great new friends, be part of a team that can do a hard progress raid in cata,, and after have some [Caraway Burnwine] in an inn somewhere in Dalaran or Ironforge

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?
uhm,,, dont think so.... well that i know anybody that is.

Personal infomation

Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Chris
Belgium
hobbies... well.. except wow... maybe some poker, watch soccer, though since wow, its been less and less... oh well.. what ya gonna do???? play some more wow
my working hours i know b4 the raid, and no,, got no family of gf that would tell me to stop

Additional information which you would like to name?
if im not sleeping, or at work, ill probably be in WoW

Last edited by Manelin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Manelin

Back to top Go down

manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Empty Re: manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)

Post  Tyrex Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

your raid times worry me abit, you are basiclly saying you can raid every 3 weeks

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined) Empty Re: manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)

Post  Manelin Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:47 am

During the week yeah,, but you say you raid 7 days a week, so I can make every friday, saturday and sunday.
And I dont always have 3 shifts, sometimes 2. I suspect that in February we fall back on 2 shifts. Traditionally a slower time on orders

Manelin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 am

Hello,

I understand you are switching gear from holy to shadow, but there are few things I would like to ask...

- Your head meta is 21crit 2%mana which doesnt make really sense to me, could you explain? I dont mind learning new things, for holy I would choose +manaregen, for disc +int+mana and for shadow +crit +crit dmg, but you might have some reason for that.

- You are massively geming for spirit and hit ending with 989 hit rating

- You have one peace of T10 which is healing

- Missing enchant on back

- 2 healing trinkets

- Spirit enchant on boots

- no crafted legs, just 251

- healing ICC rep ring

I also checked your gear last time used as holy but I dont know how old is that cached data so wont comment.

Could you go through those points one by one? Thanks

Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Manelin Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello,

I understand you are switching gear from holy to shadow, but there are few things I would like to ask...

- Your head meta is 21crit 2%mana which doesnt make really sense to me, could you explain? I dont mind learning new things, for holy I would choose +manaregen, for disc +int+mana and for shadow +crit +crit dmg, but you might have some reason for that.
Your right, but it has been a long time since i got that head, and i guess i wasn’t really yet that much into shadow at that time, and didn’t really knew that much about

- You are massively geming for spirit and hit ending with 989 hit rating
i have totally changed all my hit gems into int and haste ones where i could

- You have one peace of T10 which is healing
Thats because I first didn’t have shadow gear, and won OS rollz, but at the same time i was still saving my frost tokens to buy holy gear, and since holy is/was my main i wanted to get those items first. And now with cata i was saving them

- Missing enchant on back
This is my latest addition to the shadow gear,

- 2 healing trinkets
yeah, i didnt have a chance yet on a nice dps trinket, but because the int i think is nice, i kept these

- Spirit enchant on boots
Changed it now for a better enchant

- no crafted legs, just 251
didn’t wanted to put the G in for a spec i was trying out at the time, and you have cataclysm coming closer,, so you have to decide do i do it or not.. or do i wait for cataclysm, (still need to gem it tomorrow)

- healing ICC rep ring
Because my main is/was holy i had a healing ring, i still like to heal from time to time so didnt exchange it, but i exchanged it for a dps one now

I also checked your gear last time used as holy but I dont know how old is that cached data so wont comment.

Could you go through those points one by one? Thanks

And yeah im sorry, i should have overhauled my shadow spec b4 applying, but i guess i was just too enthusiastic applying that i forgot a few steps.. My bad Embarassed Embarassed

Manelin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:04 am

u got a long time at lvl 80, surely when u apply to a end game raiding guild, u would show from the best side. now we dont realy care about your G, but more your preformance and your will to improve, not wanting to send a small amont of gold on improving dont realy apply to me. farming HC will earn u JP, easy to get, so getting gear shouldnt be a problem

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Manelin Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 am

Yes, you are right. But i hope that you can see that after only 1 day, i made massive changes on my char, keeping all advice in mind. And I will do evthing i can to keep on improving it.

Manelin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I am sorry, I seem to be in really bitchy mood today.
1) You should know all those things before you applied. Last time I checked, there was still <Eternals> above my head, not <Some shity guild>. Average level of theorycraft knowledge is expected from applicants, this site is not a place to learn things. You post your application, we tear your talent and gearing choices appart, you defend them with everything you know.
2) Yep, you made massive changes, gratz. You probably managed to do it in less time then it took us to check your armory and write reply to your application.

Yes, I am in bitchy mood. Thats why I dont work in PR.
Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Manelin Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:15 pm

that's ok,, i can take bitchy,,,

1) yes, I know, i have respect for you guys for your dedication, and therefore it would also be a honor and privilige to be a part of

2) I realize that it takes lots of time to asses someones gear and abilities threw armory, without having played with them. And that I really made a bad impression with my application,, which is my fault, But I can assure you that i can be really stubborn in these sort of things, not by sticking to my ways,,, but just the will to change to achieve something. And i will prove just that. And i fuly realize that eternals is not a playground, but means hard work and dedication.

Manelin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 am

I think it is easy to forgive the little things here and there and obviously it is good to see you putting the effort in, I think the downside is, even if you listened and prospered we would only be having you a third of the time we should which is very unappealing as I am sure you can understand.

Our 25 man raids are Sun-Thurs, 2000hrs - 0000hrs. How many of those 5 days can you make because from what I can see, its every day but only once every 3 weeks. If that is the case then I'm sorry we can't offer you a spot.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Manelin Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Rigsby wrote:I think it is easy to forgive the little things here and there and obviously it is good to see you putting the effort in, I think the downside is, even if you listened and prospered we would only be having you a third of the time we should which is very unappealing as I am sure you can understand.

Of course I can understand that. But its just frustrating that because of my work, i cant have a shot at a super guild.

Rigsby wrote:
Our 25 man raids are Sun-Thurs, 2000hrs - 0000hrs. How many of those 5 days can you make because from what I can see, its every day but only once every 3 weeks. If that is the case then I'm sorry we can't offer you a spot.

Is the worst case ATM yes, and usually around February, stuff slows down, and around summer, it picks up again. But, im willing to try and ask my work to switch around my shifts, or train me for something else so i can maybe make it to more raids. I know this 'almost' sounds like begging, I'm just very eager to have a shot at this and put my heart into it. If i can say, they are a very easy-going and understanding work (meaning: you can get away with a lot of shit). So all i can ask is give me a month or 3 the time after cata, to give me a shot in proving myself, and assessing how i perform in raids and how many times iv shown up.

Plus I'm sure that I'll be among the first 10 of the guild to reach 85.. and that i will continue from there with the same effort and dedication

and i have an alt that is almost raid ready to join on weekend alt runs, or whatever,

Manelin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am

My advice would be to reapply in February, please know that this is purely because of your raiding times. Good luck in Cataclysm!

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down