Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted)

+5
Fivedollah
Léonál
Felhaya
Subeam
Ragingal
9 posters

Go down

40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Empty 40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted)

Post  Ragingal Fri May 08, 2009 3:15 am

General information: Hi guys, this is an app to hopefully make my Lock my main now, and also to bring me back into raiding

Characters name: Lockingal
Class: Warlock
Race: Human
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Lockingal
UI screenshot:
Played Time on your character: 25 days total, 9 at level 80
Profesions and level of professions: 436 Tailoring, 448 Enchanting. Warrior has maxed secondary proffessions so i can bring buff food etc
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Very stable, I rarely in raids

What other characters do you have?
Ragingal - level 80 warrior, Dkserverjoke Level 60 DK, a few low level alts that may 1 day be leveled

Raid times and Experience:
Basically, i'm re-applying to raid as i've just been offered a new job that will free up my evenings, so i'll post raid times twice, one will show the times i can raid atm, the other the times I can raid once my new job starts

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Current Job
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes As late as needed
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - No
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes, I finish work at 19.30 so i would be a little late
The thing with this job is that although i've answered yes to 6 days, the reality is that its gonna be more like 3 weekdays plus a sunday, im just never sure until the week before what 3 weekdays its gonna be.
New Job
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes As late as needed
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes As late as needed (Once football season starts this will probably be every other week)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes
The only possible issue here is that the new job has a longer commute, so I should be getting in and logging on at 20.00, 30 mins after raid start. If i'm offered a spot, i promise to be raid ready with buff food and flasks so that i can jump straight in.
Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
No Vannilla experiance except at level 70/80
I raided with most of you thru t4 and some of t5 as a Tonk on Ragingal, then switched to Arms (lol)dps for t6. I think/hope my dps is a lot better on this char than my warrior, i seem to rival the top of the meter more than the tank area anyway!
Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
I've been really lucky with loot in pugs and alt runs while i've been playing this character, and i consider my gear to be fairly good, theres a few heroic items in there (Bracers and Wand come to mind) but the rest is from Naxx 10/25 and OS 10/25, plus 1 lucky item from Ulduar 10 that no-one else wanted.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
Ive enchanted my gear with best enchants available, 63 spell power on weapon, 10 stats on chest etc, as thankfully, the gear I have merits having the best enchants on them as they're not going to be constantly replaced. Gem wise i'm running with mainly yellow +16 hit gems and red +19 spell damage gems. I have 12.20% hit outside of raids, so i believe once you throw a draenei and a boomkin/shadow priest into the equation i would be .80% under hit, which can be sorted to put me over cap if need be. Once im running with over 13% hit without buffs/debuffs i'll be looking to switch hit gems for haste gems

What glyphs are you using and why?
Majors are Life tap (extra spell power for 20 secs), Immolate (increased periodical dmg) and Conflag (means the immolate dot isnt consumed when conflag is cast)
Minors are Souls, Unending Breath and Drain Soul. I've really not found anything better to fill these spots.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Gear would stay the same with this class, i have a desto spec as my dual spec and i'm always looking on the lock forums on EJ and have spoken to Leo a few times about specs and what seems to be working in raids. As specs go, i would be happy to spec however the guild requires, so if you feel that 0/40/31 wouldnt work in 25 mans and want me to spec affli or destro, then thats fine by me. All i ask is for the time to get used to a different rotation on a dummy somewhere!

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
I have enchanting and tailoring, so that shouldnt be an issue

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Started off with Rigs, Itsy and Ross in Tempest, then was involved in Sanity with some of you, this was my first step into raiding, and then they disbanded and Eternals was formed.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
Start with the essentials shall we? Summons, Healthstones and Soul Stones. Sadly we don't bring many raid buffs to the party, but i'll always be happy to give unending breath if you want it! After that we are a pure DPS class that can pump out some sick dps on single targets, and SoC is pretty sweet for helping burn down big trash packs.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
I was glad that they changed Lock after TBC to make it a bit more complex, but then after 3.0.8 the simplified things, mainly affli, again. If I could i'd move things back to how they were then, at times i miss playing affli and having to manage a ton of dots.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
A capable raider (i dont get caught in aoe as a caster like i did on my warr), who can follow instruction and do his job in the raid well. I cant recall ever emoraging over loot or wipes, if anything, i get annoyed at myself if I make a mistake during a fight and try and make sure i dont make the smae mistakes again (case in point, the aoe on IC, I kept getting caught in blizzard and i was beating myself up inside because i was missing it every time. I got the jist of it after 2 or 3 attempts and the eventual kill, guild 1st one, was probably one of the best nights raiding i've had with you guys)

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Help me see new content. I was afk when the new patch arrived so I was a week or so behind everyone with seeing new things and tbh, i wasnt sure whether to just go social or get back into raiding, then I went to Ulduar 10 with some of the guys last week and really enjoyed it, learning new and different boss fights, and decided that if im not raiding, the game lacks something for me. I'm not looking to be boosted or geared up by anyone, i've pulled my weight in all the instances/raids ive been in on this char and never been a loot whore, the guys last week can testify for that, i wouldnt roll against a raider for loot if they needed it. I've always respected the epgp system that is used here and will continue to follow that system.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Allan, 26, Brighton UK, Football/Poker/WoW, atm I work for Ladbrokes betting shops but will soon be moving into Admin with a London Council, My missus sometimes gets annoyed if im on the game too much and not talking to her, but we get by, I might lose 1 raid every couple of months because of it.

Additional information which you would like to name?
As much as anything, i'd love to lose the SJ tag that i thorougly deserved in TBC and i think i can on this toon. If you have anything constructive to say on specs/glyphs or whatever im always happy to listen, and if you want any more info just gimme a shout, hopefully i've covered everything though! And if my app is unsuccessful i'd like to stay in the guild as a social if thats ok with the decision makers, as much as I want to raid, i cant see myself doing it anywhere else but in this guild.
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Empty Re: 40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted)

Post  Subeam Fri May 08, 2009 3:35 am

https://2img.net/h/i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo229/Subeam1/WoWScrnShot_042809_120115.jpg

Good luck with your app, Al cheers
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted) Empty Re: 40/31 Demo/Destro Warlock App - Lockingal (Accepted)

Post  Felhaya Fri May 08, 2009 3:46 am

good luck with your application bro Very Happy
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 3:46 am

Ye - GL dude - hope you get a shot

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Fri May 08, 2009 4:48 am

Lol you know the drill... Rotation and glyphs please!

Léonál
Eternals Member

http://www.dedipower.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Fri May 08, 2009 5:56 am

Glyphs are there leo... reasons for major glyphs are there too. Life Tap for the extra spell power for 20 seconds at a time, this spec means i need to tap every 20 secs too. Immolate for the extra damage per tick of the dot. Conflag so that when it's cast i dont lose the dot on the target.

Rotation atm is:
Life Tap (rank 1) - No real loss of life but i get the buff
Immolate
Conflag
Incinerate
CoA
Corruption (these two dots to proc molten core)
Then Incinerate until Conflag is off CD
then rinse and reapeat ensuring dots are up as much as poss.
At 35% i would be using Soul Fire as a filler spell instead of Incinerate when Decimate Procs
and Sould drain as the filler at under 25% if no decimate procs, Still keeping dots up and conflag on CD
Ofc, lifetap every 20 secs to keep the buff up from the glyph
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 am

Rotation atm is:
Immolate
Conflag
Incinerate
CoA
Corruption (these two dots to proc molten core)
At 35% i would be using Soul Fire as a filler spell instead of Incinerate when Decimate Procs
and Sould drain as the filler at under 25% if no decimate procs, Still keeping dots up and conflag on CD

Try this on a dummy and compare your dps:
Rotation atm is:
Immolate
Conflag
Corr
CoA

Should be every two incin's to one Soulfire.. But this is completely dependant on how far away/close to the boss you are

Sould drain as the filler at under 25% if no decimate procs
With this i'm not totally sure about as depending on your crit chance it might be better to have Incin's instead of this. However i haven't tried this so i can't really comment.

Apart from that all looks well, Glyphs are sorted.

GL

Léonál
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Fri May 08, 2009 6:26 am

cheers leo... i'll give that a bash on the dummy.
Also forgot to mention that with this spec, i use Imp as my pet, so the raid is getting Blood Pact, pretty useful for the tanks, assuming no-one else is using an imp ofc.
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 am

Léo uses Imp too, if i'm not mistaken.. gief Felhunter tbh!
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 am

I use imp as subeam said but Felhunter doesn't stack with its buffs Sad

Léonál
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Fri May 08, 2009 6:13 pm

he actually dident die to silly mistakes during our 10man ulduar run, pretty sure he was barely above the tanks, but seems fair not knowing the fights too good.
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Sat May 09, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks five Very Happy yeah basically i offered if u were short of dps and got an inv... in future i'll make sure i have bosses researched so i can do myself more justice in boss fights.
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Sat May 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Sort yer raid times out then gief the man a trial Smile
Then he can take my spot :O

Léonál
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 am

PAH HA HA HA. Accept!! Even if just for comedy values!

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hykos Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 am

Biased Best Man Comment:
LOOOOOOL. Geif him for pure comedy value to liven up our Sunday evenings tbh! He's a great guy as you all know by now and it's only fair we give him a chance to lose the ServerJoke title ;-) Can't believe along with Rigs and Itsy we've guilded together for like 3 years now. Madness. Besides, need all your advice on how to stitch him up at his stag do ...

That Guy Who's Gonna Have to Heal Him Comment:
He came to Ulduar twice yesterday and has done a full Watchers clear on 10-man and apart form his pet attacking to wrong target on occasion (which paled in comparison to Ronab's "Oh shit, I released spirit instead of using Soulstone), he was flawless tbh. And bare in mind that involved a hard mode IC and a first try at Yoggy ...

wtf, I'm never this nice in an application! (sorry again Jeti)
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon May 11, 2009 8:29 am

Ok, Im interested to see where this goes. Ive never beleive you to be a great player, which ive made you aware of many, many times over the last 2 years. But I do want to give you a chance to change that.
We'll keep you in your current rank for a couple of weeks,but drag you into as many 10mans and 25s as we can. I want to see solid performances throughout and a marked effort to get that dps up to where it should be.
Lets think of it as a 'pre trial'. Oh and, gz on a IC hardmode Smile

@ Hykos, Fu.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 am

Ronab can't spell "beleive" right, omg
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon May 11, 2009 8:59 pm

yeah but ur gay.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down