Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Vote_lcap60%Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Vote_lcap40%Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined)

5 posters

Go down

Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Empty Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined)

Post  Malbik Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Characters name: Malbik
Class: Mage
Race: Gnome (Is there anything else?!)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Malbik
Though just as I've got that link the armoury appears to be bugged, not showing any information.
UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot061809191450.jpg/
Played Time on your character: 69 days 14 hours
Profesions and level of professions:
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yep my connection is currnelty wireless but 95% uptime. It'll do till I get a longer ethernet cable.

What other characters do you have?
On this server? None currently. Though I do have 80's on another server (Nagrand EU)
Feel free to look them up: Erosion, Peasoup, Drizzil and prior to Wrath my old main Kreashun. Erosion and Kreashun were my raiding characters if your looking at achievements etc.
I stopped playing Malbik for quite awhile, about mid way through BC. I've been playing him afair bit more recently but alot of my friends back on Dragonbligh have upped and gone, thus the server transfer over to here.

Raid times and Experience: This is where it gets hard to say "Yes I can raid XY days for Z hours". Unfortunatley I work shifts... Long shifts, my working day is 12 hours long. The benefit to that, I get 3-4 days off a week that I can raid on no problems. Those 3-4 days though, I can tell you a month in advance what they are but they're very rarely the same from one week to the next.
Its going to make filling your little rota below a little hard to do, but if you just imagine that 3-4 of those days I can raid from raid start to end.

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 -
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 -
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 -
Thursday 19:30-00:00 -
Friday 19:30-xx:xx -
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx -
Sunday 19:30-23:00 -

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
For my BC raiding experience I sugguest you check out http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Kreashun
Kreashun was my main raiding character through out BC, with him I did pretty much everything. Cleared hyjal. Upto Council in BT, cleared SSC and TK
Pre BC I was raiding with Malbik a little, not so much then. Mainly ZG and MC.

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
Currently, Malbik isn't the most geared character in the world. A couple of epics here and there but mainly blues. This is reflected in my gem choices. Im quite happy to splash out on "proper" gems if its epic but as they're mostly blue gear the basic gems will do.
Ofcourse for a mage I shot straight for hit cap, which Im over by a bit. Nice to have room for gear changes etc. As for future gearing. As an arcane mage its my understanding that Im aiming for haste and spell power. Im quite fond of Int and Spirit too as it happens. Crit rating is nice but Im not going out of my way to find it.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
Heh, I think I've answered this above but I'll go again.
In the epic items I've gone for +19 spell power
For the blue items I've got some with spell power and a couple with hit rating. These will be changed around and rejigged as gear improves ofcourse.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Glyph of Arcane Blast- More dmg is good mmkay?
Glyph of Mana Gem- I find it helps sustain the mana hog that is arcane. With 2xt7.5 though that would change while that set bonus was in effect. Possibly Glyph of Arcane Power
Glyph of Arcane Missiles- Extra dmg is extra dmg. Lets face it, there isn't a huge amount of arcane glyphs to chose from :/

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs? Im not really focusing on offspec gear right now, though I think when I do get around to it. I'd maybe give a ToTW/Fire build a go. I love arcane though <3

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
My current profressions- Tailoring (422)/Alchemy (401)

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
For the last 2 years I've been raid leader of The Three Hundred on Nagrand EU. Too much guild drama and people moaning over raids etc is driving me very quickly insane. I've tried to keep an entire guild happy for too long and its high time I just sit back and be told what to do for a change.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
I'd like to think that I'd bring quite easily sustainable steady DPS to a raiding environment, so far in my experience playing arcane its not bursty or streaky DPS. It seems very steady imo. As for strengths over other classes, thats kinda hard question to answer in todays WoW with everything turning into the same shade of grey. I guess as arcane my saving grace is Focus Magic

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Am I allowed to say unnerf ignite so it rolls again so we can all go back to being fire? Please. Other than that, not alot tbh, I think mages are quite balanced atm.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
Apart from my blazing wit and dashing good looks? I have a head full of raid strategies, Im a nice easy going guy thats always game for a laugh. Though when its time to put game faces on I get abit more serious.
Im always prepared for raids with flasks and stat food etc. I like to be number 1 in whatever I do. If Im not number 1 you can bet your ass Im working on getting there.
As a Raid Leader I was always reading forums to find out what everyother class can/should be doing, I like to know my stuff as best I can.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Make me a cuppa and we can be friends?
Seriously though, a regluar raiding spot and an oppertunity to proove myself. As long as bosses go down Im fairly happy and easy to please.

Milk and 1 sugar btw.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
My name is Ben, Im 23yo and I live in Newcastle. I drink Brown Ale all the time obviously. I've just recently moved into my own place all on my lone some. So in answer to your question, no. There are no annoying family getting in the way.
By day Im a support worker, I help learning disabled adults with a whole lot of problems. Some of you might say "Oooh I bet thats rewarding" No its not btw. As for my interests, I enjoy playing WoW, drinking fine wine and operating heavy machinery. At the same time. By night Im... Well I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Additional information which you would like to name?
I've known Sphinxlol for faaarrr to long and Im hoping he's going to come bursting in here and say "Hey, thats Ben. He's pretty awesome guy" He's the reason I've transferred here. Im like a rash, I love him really.
/notgay.

I think thats it ladies and gents. Have fun talking about me behind my back Razz

Malbik

Back to top Go down

Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined) Empty Re: Malbik 80 Arcane Mage (Declined)

Post  Ronab Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:58 pm

Malbik wrote:For the last 2 years I've been raid leader of The Three Hundred on Nagrand EU. Too much guild drama and people moaning over raids etc is driving me very quickly insane. I've tried to keep an entire guild happy for too long and its high time I just sit back and be told what to do for a change.

I know your pain!

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Malbik Smile I'd like to ask a couple of things -hope you don't mind- : You say you're "not going out of your way to find crit" after mentioning you're fond of intel and spirit (which indeed are both nice stats). Does that mean you prioritize intel/spirit over crit? And the other question i have is, could you explain your metagem choice, please? Also, which armor do you use on bossfights, Mage Armor or Molten Armor? Last, could you tell us what rotation you use?

In all fairness, given that we currently try to clear the hardmodes in Ulduar, i'd say you're vastly undergeared, howmuch of an issue that'll be is up to the officers to decide though, so good luck. ^^

edit: When you got the -insane- amount of hit needed for fire, it is actually said to be slightly better dps than arcane atm. But arcane is way more fun! Laughing
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Malbik Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:42 am

Hey, Im off to work in 15 mins so I'll make this as best I can but it'll be brief Im afriad.

"Does that mean you prioritize intel/spirit over crit?

The natural progression of gear shows that intel/spirit increase over time. By my comment I didn't mean to come across like Im hunting those stats and nothing else. They just happen to be the stats needed! As for the priorization, crit is nice imo but arcane is not a crit heavy build. Sure if a piece of loot has +crit on it then thats nice, but I think untill I get a healthy haste level I'd be taking the haste item over crit imo.

"could you explain your metagem choice"

Again as Arcane, Im going on the assumption that INT is good here, plenty of talents in the tree are effected by INT and out right increase it. I've got to be honest I couldn't find that much on the subject at the time but Im going on my own belief that it's going to scale nicely with gear over time. Without trying to repeat myself, I dont think crit is a particularly strong stat for arcane till higher gear levels.

"which armor do you use on bossfights"

Currently mage armour, purely to help with mana regeneration. Depends on the fight though, If I know its going to be a short quick DPS race I'd be putting on the ol' molten armour.

"Last, could you tell us what rotation you use?"

If we're assuming we're fighting a basic spank and tank boss?

Mirror images>Arcane Power/icy veins>Arcane Blast x3Either Arcane Barrage or Arcane Missiles (depending on Missile Barrage proc)
I run that till arcane power drops, I'll be ready to pop a mana gem. Rotation continues.
I'll use Evocation at the end of my second arcane power/icy veins when I arcane finishes and I have a second or so left on icy veins to speed it up.

I know my gear isn't the best but Im hoping the wealth of experience would make that a swift and painless problem to solve. Im quite willing to put the work in needed.

I'll answer more questions tonight if needed when I get back from work.

Malbik

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 am

Im fairly happy and easy to please.

Ronab your in! :O

Léonál
Eternals Member

http://www.dedipower.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jantimir Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 am

Use Molten armor, the crit bonus is nice. 35% of ur spirit as crit is nice.

as for the Meta, u do get spell power from Int but its not worth it, Crit is better.
Jantimir
Jantimir
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 am

I agree with Malbik on the armor choice. Unless you know the fight is really short enough for your manapool to bare it, being able to cast extra AB's thanks to Mage Armor outweighs the extra crit from Molten Armor imo. It's very situanional and depends on personal preferences. No right or wrong, really Smile

But yeah, i would advise switching your metagem. Although the intel might seem nice (and it is) it doesn't outweigh the extra crit damage and crit chance. Even for an arcane spec, which isn't crit heavy in talents, crit > intel.
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:24 am

Hey,sorry its taken so long, but we're going to decline this application, we're looking for people a little more geared and dont really have the spare time to help you farm.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down