Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Vote_lcap60%'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Vote_lcap40%'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing?

+3
Shiatan
Reese
Ronab
7 posters

Go down

'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Empty 'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing?

Post  Ronab Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Desu pointed out to me a very interesting thread on mmo.
Essentially suggesting a new pve spec, speccing heavily into protection, but performing as a main tank healer. This spec is pretty much for MT healing exclusivly,but does carry divine sacrifice, which essentially funnels raid damage into the paladin, allowing him to cover it with the single target heals.
The spec works like dicipline, rather than healing all the damage, you try mitigate large amounts of it. Hand of sacrifice is also very powerful in this spec due to the talents chosen in holy.
You get your own version of Tree of Life aura, Bosanc (3% less raid wide damage) Spiritual attunement (complimented perfectly with the sacrifice spells!) 6% crit from prot talents, 30% less damage taken while under 35% health (needed for sacrificing).
The spec revolves around Sacred sheild, which has a 2 minite duration in this spec, and mitigates rediculous amounts of damage.

Based off a Proly paladin with mid range ulduar gear, sacred sheild would absorb 2970 per proc. This is 29700 damage per minite. Meaning 59400 tank damage is mitigated with a single 500 mana spell.
With the t8 set bonus (icd of SS reduced to 4s) this goes up to 44550 damage per min, or 89100 damage, for a single sacred sheild cast. This is a huge amount of tank mitigation, combine this with a disc priest and I can see good things!

The next perk of the spec is touched by the light. This 1) increases your spellpower by a percentage of your stamina, but also increases the amount healed by your critical heals by 30%. Now as with this spec, you will sacred sheild something before healing it, putting your FoL to around 85%-90% crit rate. FoL with this spec crits for around 10k. 1.3s cast 10k heals for 300mana? Yum yum.
The play style is somewhat limited, sheild what you want to heal,and FoL it. To raid heal you hit sacrifice and heal yourself. Tbc much? Very Happy

Ofc this wouldnt be fair and objective if i didnt compare to the conventional Holy paladin build.
SS will only last 1 min rather than 2, and will only mitigate 22500 per cast. You do however gain Lights Grace, Holy Shock, Infusion of Light, Judgements of the pure and Beacon of Light.
This does obviously make holy healing VERY different to Proly healing, but if we ever have encounters where tank healing is very difficult, this spec will mostlikely be the answer. Anyhow, I might give it a try in Ulduar when 3.1 hits and see just how good it is.
For thos interested, the spec looks like this
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=503501500020130300000000005032013522310232030330000000000000000000000000000000&glyph=111922040000&version=9733
Glyph of salvation is taken to well, stay alive.
When cooldowns are combined you can essentially 'pain supression' a tank, ofc you take this damage instead, so popping salv on yourself essentially removes 20% of that damage from the encounter.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Empty Re: 'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing?

Post  Ronab Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Found this quite elsewhere, which pretty much agrees with what ive said.

'The "Proly" spec as its known in the Holy Paladin community will see a bit more use come patch as well. The spec goes for the same goal: huge Flash of Lights. The 50% crit from Sacred Shield is more prevelant, as the spell power gained from stamina tends to be much higher (thanks to raid buffs) than the conversion from intellect found in Holy. All in all, if you want to play a spec that does absolutely nothing but spam Flash and do it like a champ, this is the one.

You'll get the biggest crits (some people see over 12,000 Flashes with this build) and the most single-target HPS from just Flash of Light, but you lack a lot of great talents that many holy paladins usually end up missing out on. There's no Holy Shock or Instant Flashes, no 15% haste, and no beacon. This can be a deal breaker, but if you are assigned to one person this is the spec to do it in.'

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing? Empty Re: 'Proly' pve healing. Paladins answer to discpline healing?

Post  Reese Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 am

Sounds good. I think we should defininatly consider making someone a main tank healer with this spec. We have numerous holy paladins anyway so can afford to pigeon hole one of them.

If needed i do not mind taking this as my healing spec come 3.1. I dont like chopping and changing though so we need to decide. My alt spec will be a standard retri spec.

Reese
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:14 am

I can take this for my 2nd spec if needed would suit my play style as i still have a tbc eye on my mana, looking at the build with the spamming of fol and self cast beacon you'd never go oom
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:25 am

Shiatan wrote:self cast beacon you'd never go oom

You dont have beacon in this spec :S

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Holymanos Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:36 am

I have done some testing with both specs and here r some first results:
Both specs were done with kings without glyphs and ss always on.
1st spec 51-2-18
Health 17004
Time till oom 3.09
Final crit from recount 36.30
Highest FoL 5425
Total Healing 524176
Sp 2205

2nd Spec 28-43-0
Health 18484
Time till oom 3.02
Final crit from recount 32.00
Highest FoL 8185!
Total Healing 659013 (with devotion aura)
Sp 2303

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:41 am

for it to be a real test you need to test it on someone that is getting hit constantly. Or SS is not doing everything it should. The absorbed amount from SS would be greater in the second test.

Reese
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 am

i might be back in the healing buisness :-D

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredhenk Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:09 am

I can say that I would probably not enjoy this spec at all, allthough I see picking up DG in any holy spec as a really nice addition, my single sacred shields at this current gear lvl would allready absorb around 32k raidbuffed 46k with the 4 set from T8 , if I maintain this spellpower.

allthough if needed I can spec this, my gear probably fits it best.

Last edited by Fredhenk on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredhenk Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 am

This spec here is essentially the same except for some prot talents that are higher up that give a bit more survivability , I do see that with this spec your divine shield cooldown is fairly long .. 54/17/0

looks a bit more like the spec we allready use atm. Could be the other spec is a lot better though Smile Dont really know much about the raidhealing vs tankhealing needed in ulduar, this spec could probably work decent in both situation
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredhenk Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:43 am

ps, since when does sacred shield last 2 minutes?:p
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 pm

buffed to 1min in patch, doubles its duration again

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:01 pm

ill happily go on ptr and test it with some1, if they want so u can test it with SS procs

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredhenk Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:33 pm

on ptr I get 1 minute duration talented,
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:20 pm

Tried this out today, I didnt enjoy it at all. It feels so clunky.
The problem is with movement, theres no holy shock, and on general vezax (i used it there) where sometimes the boss moves you involuntarily, it proved useless. Maybe in 25man this is good, but i certainly dont like it for 10man.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sphinxlol Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:54 am

Really like the sound of this
will do some testing on PTR Very Happy
Sphinxlol
Sphinxlol

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredhenk Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:22 am

its bad sphinx, fights require you to move a heal reactivly way too much for this spam spec too be viable, if you want the big shields, go 54/17 or 51/17/3 first having sacred cleansing for yoggy,
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Yeah,we prettymuch burried this idea, as fred said, theres no reacitve healing or mobility, at al.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down