Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Vote_lcap60%Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Vote_lcap40%Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Druid healing addons, noob questions inc!

+3
Hendie
Korganaxe
Subeam
7 posters

Go down

Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Empty Druid healing addons, noob questions inc!

Post  Subeam Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 am

Okay, my Lumena is leveling nicely and i've gotten to really enjoy healing instances with her, so i decided to go pro and download some healing addons. I've gone for Grid, GridStatusHots, GridManabars, GridBossDebuffs (thinking ahead ;p) and Clique. Obviously, i'll be undergoing a few frustrating hours trying to set it up and getting used to working with it, but oh well.

What i'm wondering, however, is.. can i set the addons to only work on a specific character, so i won't have to turn them on/off all the time when i'm switching to Subeam? Another question is, do you use Grid + Clique for your decursing aswell, or still have Decursive for that on the side?

affraid
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Empty Re: Druid healing addons, noob questions inc!

Post  Korganaxe Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 am

Hey Subeam,

When you log in you can click on the addon option. In that menu disable the addons you just installed (all the grid stuff)

Then you see a scroll down menu with "all" click on the arrow (left upper corner) and select the character for which you wanna set the addons.
Now turn on the addons you want to enable for that character.
You can do this with many other addons aswell so you can make different interface in the game.

Grid has the option to show the debuffs characters have which you can dispell can't recall exactly where it is but its there.

Just a personal favor i use Grid for 5 man instance as the caracter frames are in the left up corner, and with a big screen you kinda loose an eye on the battlefield. For the raids i use Sraidframes on my shaman as you can set it quite easy. Show which buffs you have on a character and it colors when someone has a poison, disease or curse on them.

I haven't used any other healing addons so with that i can't help you.

Laters
Korganaxe
Korganaxe

Back to top Go down

Druid healing addons, noob questions inc! Empty Re: Druid healing addons, noob questions inc!

Post  Hendie Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Personally i find x-perl is covers everything you need for druid healing Smile

Has a 5 man player frames for instances, and has the option for 25 player grid for raids and 40+ for bgs.

You can set up it up to show only debuffs which you can cure (ie it turns a bit green for poisen, pink for a curse ect) or you can have it to show all debuffs.

Hendie
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekia Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 am

xpearl + grid + clique should be all you need ^^.

Mekia
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:31 pm

I'd definitely go with the a grid style addon for 25 mans purely cause you can have all 25 frames in a small space...saves clutter.

Something like *VuhDo* is a nice alternative to the grid/clique combination. I'd say grid/clique is more refined and customizable and looks a lot nicer but VuhDo is just as effective. The only thing is getting used to the modifiers,which can be confusing at times. I found running lower level 25 mans for a week or two seemed to help...or you could just jump in at the deep end and go for it,help you learn faster Twisted Evil

There's a Druid only addon I use for Hc's and 10mans called *Rewatch* which has a really simple layout and helps you keep track of your HoT's...which is pretty vital at times Razz

As its Druid only it only loads when you're on a Druid so no need to turn it on or off,also you have a simple right-click modifier to cast Natures Swiftness.

Only disadvantage to this is you can't really use it in 25mans cause it takes up to much screen space,not unless you're healing the tank then you can remove all the other players from the frame and carry on as normal...but how often do Druids get put on MT or OT healing...sometimes,but not often Wink

I'd suggest you check Rewatch for Hc's and 10 mans but go with grid/clique in 25's Razz

Also if you're one of those folks that can't be arsed re logging every time you need to turn an addon on or off try *Addon Control Panel*. It adds an addon button in your Game menu which you can use to turn addons on or off and reload your UI.

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Well, it took me almost 2 hours and using very nicely written configuration guide for druids, but i've got Grid working. However! I'd like to use it for Subeam aswell, but with different settings. How do i do that? I don't have any hots to track on Subeam (nice to see when i was swiftmendable though ;o), and i don't have to see who's missing mark of the wild, but seeing who misses AI is nice.. Is there a way to make adjustments on layout, what to track etc. per char?

Btw, i've been advised to use a small addon called MoveAnything to remove the partyframes in a 5man, anyone here who knows this addon?
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Just get x-perl you can turn off any frames you dont want
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/xperl.aspx

i use that in conjunction with grid, dont forget to turn off the x-pearl raid frames also or you'll have 2 sets Razz
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 am

xperls nice, i have party frames turned off in a raid group, except for when in an arena raid group! :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 am

I'm sticking with the MoveAnything addon, installed it, easy to use for hiding party frames. And that's all i need, no need to get X-perl for just that.
ps: Ronab.. hiding party frames in a raid can be done without any addon, it's in the interface options. Wink
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:51 am

but then theyre hidden when in arena :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Niight Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 am

Well, when i used to heal with my druid all i just used was GRID. And thats it.
My grid could track Hots, could check incoming heals (by everyone) this to avoid to heal someone that is already covered, prayer of mending, pw:shield, and a couple of other stuffs... Thats all i needed to heal Smile

Grid = when raiding,
Pitbull = group, arena.

And su, u can use same cfgs to multiple classes without any problems.

Niight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down