Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Shadow Priest Application (Accepted)

+5
Perkyspy
Tyrex
Bazilbrush
Kaili
Níx
9 posters

Go down

Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Empty Shadow Priest Application (Accepted)

Post  Níx Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Personal Information

Name: Johnny H
About me: I am a work hard, play harder gamer with a fun out look on life, I spend a lot of my free time playing. My work allows me a reasonable degree of freedom and in my spare time I am a musician. I play guitar, piano and bass, and I’m a bit of an audiophile. I have eclectic taste in music, literature and I enjoy R4 as well as my dubstep Gf and I split our time between UK and Switzerland depending on workload and location requirements.

Character Information

Character Name: Níx
Character Level: 80
Race: Draenei M
Class: Priest
Spec: Shadow, offspec Discipline
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=N%C3%ADx

Theorycraft and Gameplay

Talent Spec
Usually a standard 14/0/57 build with 5/5 Imp MB and imp VE. However, I am currently fiddling around with my spec evaluating a purely haste derived platform 0/5 Imp MB so the whole prioritization is dot based, thus allowing for improved mind sear or dispersion glyphs. Whilst this is a slightly “unusual” format I have discussed it at length on theory craft websites and its is a matter for debate once approximately 700 base haste is gained wether the casting of 3MF is an increase in damage over 1MB.

Gems
I gem as per best practice for current values sp>haste>crit>int.
As per 3.3 BIS gems rules I apply are
>5sp socket bonus, match socket so yellow socket reckless amertine, for blues purified dreadstone and runed cardinals to match socket bonus.
<5SP Ignore socket bonus using runed +23sp gem.

Gear & Enhancements
I am currently using 4/5 T10 (3x264) and the 264 crafted leggings or woven death. This seems to offer the best possible return. Neck (Hit and Haste), Belt 264 spellpower haste and crit, Boots are 264 hit crafted. Trinkets are as good as I have been able to win - 264 spyglass and 245 Trinket from Anub. 245 to be replaced with DFO (hopefully).
I am using the 264 blade from Marrowgar enchanted as below and the HOR OH (yes I know but until the spindle is available it will do nicely as its haste/crit)
As a shadow, enchants are all about spell power, with one notable exception. Due to the reworking of black magic in 3.3, the 250 haste component gives approximately 67SP, thus making it preferred over 63sp on 1H weapons. The +81 enchant for staffs is still better though when looking at choices for 2H weapons. There is a debate regarding best enchant for feet. Tuskaars Vitality still “supposedly” BIS if hit capped, otherwise Icewalker. Currently as I’m on the hit cap, I am using TV.
Head and Shoulders are BIS from reputation factions (Kirin Tor, Sons of Hodir –exalted) and Legs +50sp/20spi thread.

Glyphs
These tend to change but Shadow, Mind Flay and Pain if in standard configuration, however at the moment I am using Flay, Shadow and Sear.

Rotation
Rotation? For a shadow priest? Priority and feel is a better way to describe spell selection
With 5/5 imp MB I use vt-dp-mf-mb-swp-mf-mf as an opener is usual, followed by repeat dots and flays. Multidot as required, swd on movement and searing when safe to do so, (usually 3mobs+ as I can do more with dots otherwise.) VE up all the time.
However without imp MB this changes to vt-dp-mf-swp-mf-mf-mf with refreshof dots as required. MB is removed from the rotation altogether and only is used for replenishment and replaced with flays. This only becomes realistic at over 700 base haste. Currently I am over 800 haste so this works very well.

Consumables
I always have relevant items / flasks (wyrm), pots (speed or wild magic), food (spell power or haste), other class buff food (depending on what Ive caught that day), fish feasts, as well as enchanting mats and gems for any upgrades I may acquire. Spare shoulder and head enchants, and threads. Spare glyphs of sear disperse and flay as I change glyphs to give best performance. I also have in raid access to a bank, a trader and a repair mammoth with vendors.

Addons and UI
http://nixghostland.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/screenshot_041410_192324.jpeg
Super modified XEO UI for reduced memory footprint and “hybrid” capabilities.
Use SKADA for damage /threat meters as its less prone to lag issues and has optional module control.
DBM for boss encounters
Power Auras for specific reminders
Cooldowncount for when things are ready
GRID Raid Buff Status so I can always see debuffs etc for use with clique (prefer this to vohdu but thats my personal pref)

Professions
Tailoring 450. The DPS/Heal on cloak is excellent for a priest. Oh and cheap threads as well as BIS craftables, and making a little extra gold
Enchanting 450. I have always been an enchanter and I have nearly every enchant in the game. The Ring bonus is a great plus, as well as enchanting being a money spinner

Raiding

Wow Classic: I raided as a Hunter in BWL NAX and in MC, raided 4xper week and had some success with early realm kills, rerolled Priest for TBC to assist guild (guild server migrated to Nagrand) and never looked back.

The Burning Crusade: All of it, every last bit of it, from Kara, Vashj and KT, MH, BT through to SWP (Twins pre-nerf, then to completion pre WoTlk).
Raided these as both Holy and as Shadow. Focussed on shadow spec for T6 and have been a primarily dedicated face-melter since then.

Wrath of the Lich King: All of it, up to and including latest ICC content.
ICC10m Complete with Title and 9/12 Hardmodes
ICC25m Complete with Title 9/12 Hardmodes
ToTGC10 Complete Insanity
ToTGC25 Complete Tribute to Mad Skill
ONY25 Complete with achievements
ONY10 Complete with achievements
ULD10 (Starcaller) complete, with drake and title,
ULD25 (Astral Walker) all complete missing 1 light for drake and title
NAX10 Undying
NAX25 Immortal
OBS10 Complete with title
OBS25 Complete with title
EoE10 Complete
EoE25 Complete

Other Information

Guild History
Until Recently I was in Original on Shadowsong, took some time off and then I came to join LOST however that hasn't worked out so now I am looking for a guild where I can once more enjoy my raiding.

Availability
I am available to meet your raiding schedule unless I am away for business (which happens rarely)

In Conclusion
I am a dedicated raider, also enjoy a little PVP something I wish to increase this coming season(As disc, 1000+resilience and looking for s8 arena partner). I feel that I would bring maturity, considerable experience, good organisational skills and a “can do attitude”. I also have a My Alt is a DK 251/264 gear with good UH dps gear as well as an offset for DW tanking. All gemmed and enchanted correctly, profs JC/miner to financially support my raiding priest.

Contact details
nix.ghostland@googlemail.com
Or of course contact me in game
Or please mail me to arrange a chat on skype/vent/ts3.

I look forward to a favourable reply.
Best regards
Níx
Melting Hearts and Faces for the longest time.

Níx
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Empty Re: Shadow Priest Application (Accepted)

Post  Kaili Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 pm

WTB More apps like this. GL cheers
Kaili
Kaili
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Shadow Priest Application (Accepted) Empty Re: Shadow Priest Application (Accepted)

Post  Bazilbrush Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Really strong application nix, good luck mate!

Bazilbrush

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm

thanks for your apply, we will get back to u shortly

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Perkyspy Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:13 pm

nice application Smile good luck with it.

and about you looking for an S8 partner i believe i could fill that spot, 1.8k rated on old rogue in 2s on Cyclone batlegroup just need a few weeks of pratice :p

-Perky
Perkyspy
Perkyspy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Killwolf Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 am

Nah u dont wont a chump rogue - il go arms
Killwolf
Killwolf
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Perkyspy Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:32 am

a cump rogue who knows how to play? compared to a shitty arms warrior who just runs in and lolstorms? (ooh i can disarm that now :p) who's the chump now xD

<3 you really killy

-perky
Perkyspy
Perkyspy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Holymanos Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 am

wrong topic guys

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Killwolf Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 am

I can slap u araund unarmed :p - but manos is right we are offtopic
Nice aplication we gona give u anwser today
Killwolf
Killwolf
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:53 am

you have been accepted for trial /w an officer of myself in game for inv.

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Níx Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 am

Cheers

Níx
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:40 am

Congrats mait beat me to it :>

Léonál
Eternals Member

http://www.dedipower.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hykos Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 am

Gratz Níx! And Léo, I've seen constipated, no-legged tortoises beat you to it.
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Léonál Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:44 am

Your mum doesn't count hykos, we've spoke about this already ! :<

Léonál
Eternals Member

http://www.dedipower.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down