Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
A few ideas for Anub EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
A few ideas for Anub EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
A few ideas for Anub EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
A few ideas for Anub EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
A few ideas for Anub EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
A few ideas for Anub EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
A few ideas for Anub EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
A few ideas for Anub EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
A few ideas for Anub EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

A few ideas for Anub Vote_lcap60%A few ideas for Anub Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
A few ideas for Anub Vote_lcap40%A few ideas for Anub Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

A few ideas for Anub

2 posters

:: Heroic CC

Go down

A few ideas for Anub Empty A few ideas for Anub

Post  Guest Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Some of the tactics used in this video I thought were quite good,even if only to make things run smoother!!

They tank Anub closer to the middle of the room on the initial pull and about 10 seconds before submerge they kite Anub away from the frost patches so they don't get used up when the first set of spikes appear,which can be really off putting and hard to manage if people aren't paying attention.

They don't bring down a third patch and use the original two for the spikes.

The first person to get targeted by the spikes runs to the back of the room away from the patches,giving the dps time to finish off the adds,gets DI then runs back in...only thing with that is it means the rest of the raid have to be watching the spikes and know when to move...or be out the way before hand. Seeing as we already have it set up that the left hand adds get killed first you'd have time to focus on them,get them down then move onto the other two. Obviously kiting the 1st set of spikes onto the left patch. Then the 2nd onto the right.

Getting the adds down before the DI runs out is obviously crucial so it'd rely heavily on dps doin' their job.

When he comes up again they move Anub to the other end of the room by the entrance and bring down another two patches and repeat.

I'm not entirely sure but it also looks like they split their dps into 3 teams,one for Anub and the other 2 for the adds while of course using AoE.

(that bit could be bullshit because you only see the fight from an Elemental Shamans perspective the whole time,he IS mainly concentrating on Anub)

We've been doing really well with our tactics but there's definitely a couple of ideas in there we can use to make things work better.

Back to top Go down

A few ideas for Anub Empty Re: A few ideas for Anub

Post  Rigsby Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 am

Maiéan wrote:
They tank Anub closer to the middle of the room on the initial pull and about 10 seconds before submerge they kite Anub away from the frost patches so they don't get used up when the first set of spikes appear,which can be really off putting and hard to manage if people aren't paying attention.

I think pulling him further away could help, mainly incase it targets a tank, but when anub gets pulled off and then submerges, all DPS should split off to the sides till he targets someone and then kite to the back, it's a very simple idea. You all know you go to the back first and you all know you go to the front second (most will be at the front anyway.) Using the 2 patches that are pulled down first seems much more ideal with 2 DKs as they can position them, which we dont have the luxury of at the moment :<

I agree this would be a better way and was considered before but with only 1 DK it isn't possible.

Maiéan wrote:
I'm not entirely sure but it also looks like they split their dps into 3 teams,one for Anub and the other 2 for the adds while of course using AoE.

(that bit could be bullshit because you only see the fight from an Elemental Shamans perspective the whole time,he IS mainly concentrating on Anub)

All the DPS is split as it were, the sindle target heavy DPS stay on anub the whole time because it's most effiecient (ele shamans/enh shamans for example), I guess you wern't here for all last week tries but this was very much cemented last week.

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 am

Yeh unfortunately I missed that but I did notice we were getting to phase 3 a lot quicker than before.

I can't remember the % of our best try last night but it was a vast improvement from the last time I was there.

I'll troll more videos for ideas this afternoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 am

18% - Our healer being able to see who gets penetrating cold will help too

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:23 am

The 2 patches as we have them now are nice for the tanks as the both have the same kite way. And they know where the patches are blindly. When the patches are on a different spot each time it just makes the kiting a bit harder. Also the 2 patches are really close to each other. If you have to place 2 new once each time you can get unlucky and have a crappy placing.
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down