Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Anub AoE EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Anub AoE EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Anub AoE EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Anub AoE EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Anub AoE EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Anub AoE EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Anub AoE EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Anub AoE EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Anub AoE EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Anub AoE Vote_lcap60%Anub AoE Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Anub AoE Vote_lcap40%Anub AoE Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Anub AoE

5 posters

Go down

Anub AoE Empty Anub AoE

Post  Subeam Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 am

It's no secret i'm no fan of fire and/or ffb specs in general, it's not my playstyle, it just doesn't suit me. But, with the Anub heroic fight, extremely strong AoE is of the essence, so i changed my offspec to an AoE orientated ffb spec as have the other mages (Blizzard synergy <3). After 2 weeks of working on the strats (and the for me inevitable L2P with ffb), i'm still disappointed with the results, so i've spend this afternoon working with Rawr to see what other viable AoE specs there would be. I've tried out several settings for time spend AoE-ing, tried with several ffb builds (variations in points spend in Ice Floes, Shatter, Frostbite and Frost Channeling) and then had a look at arcane/frost builds which i tested for the same settings i did for the ffb builds.

Conclusion i got from Rawr is the following arcane/frost build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vck0IzxGuMxjbZhfcck0h:Nzi beats the ffb build i've been using sofar by far dps wise, and even beats the maxed ffb build i could come up with (same talents in frost as the arcane build linked here has, with the 20th point spend in Frost Channeling since there's no worth while 52nd talent point in the fire tree). The reasoning behind this spec beating the ffb spec imo is the same benefits go to Blizzard from the frost tree talents, and the extra spellpower gained via the arcane talents more than make up for the dps lost without LB, coupled with stronger single target dps while the adds aren't up.

My concern for this arcane/frost spec is whether it'll be mana sustainable, something i find hard to track on Rawr. Any thoughts on that would be much appreciated. Smile
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Anub AoE Empty Re: Anub AoE

Post  Shiatan Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:00 pm

using rawr to check dmg of builds is not good I'd advise just going to darn and spending an hour hitting the hero dummy that has the adds beside it, rawr can give bad numbers at times its more of a guide work but does'nt beat getting actual in game numbers.
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Hopefully today you can compare your spec with the other mages and see which is best

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 am

The dummies in Theramore are all packed together, best place to test aoe specs.
Try the arcane spamming blizzard vs the FFB spamming LB and Blizzard. If honestly the Arcane was better, surely all the top guilds mages would be using that in kill videos etc, but if youre correct then, good discovery!
Cant help but feel its you just trying to get back to that arcane blast button though, Submaddy :p

<3 love you all!

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 am

In all fairness, most top end guild's mages are probably used to playing fire, comfortable with playing fire, so why would they even consider some whackey spec? I've been running this over and over on Rawr, and yeah i know Rawr got its limitations, so if it turns out it doesn't provide better dps, i'm speccing back and will do my best (as always) to improve with it. Smile

It's quite difficult to properly test it outside the raid situation though, partially because of the number of adds making a difference (LB on 3 vs LB on 5 matters) aswell as the raidbuffs matter (part of this arcane/frost spec's strength should be coming from the fact i got ~400 more spellpower raidbuffed as arcane than i do as fbb, part comes from having 6% more spell haste through talent points). Looking well forward to finding out! Worst case scenario it's one attempt, some gold a bit of time spend. But ooooh if it works Very Happy

And <3 ya back! Good luck in college Smile
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Conclusions after 1 night of testing:

- It's mana efficient enough to sustain throughout the fight. No problems using AP, IV, haste trink during the AoE's. Just a matter of using mana gems and evo's properly.
- It (read: i) didn't beat chillout's dps/damage done in his ffb spec (although he did have my FM, so i'll take some credit for his his crits ;p), but i got very close atleast!
- I did do an average of 1.5k dps more than i did in the ffb spec.

So, it may not be *the best spec* for everyone, but it is for me cheers
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Chillout Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 am

imo i put all my dps down to forte on aoe fights otherwize its a nightmare for me to track LB and custom nameplates for targeting. Also takes a long time to get used to flowing through your spells with fire. And by the end i can confirm, subeam with wacky spec was getting almost equal on dmg (although i still wasn't getting below < 35% for molten fury pewpew)

Chillout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum