Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted)

4 posters

Go down

Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Empty Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted)

Post  Aldrox Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 am

General information:

Characters name: Aldrox
Class: Priest
Race: Human
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Aldrox
UI screenshot: http://img195.yfrog.com/img195/8961/aldroxui.jpg
Played Time on your character: 165 days with 70 played on lvl 80
Profesions and level of professions: tailor/enchanter both maxed with some nice recipes (Merlin's Robe, Blade Ward, Blood Draining)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes, average ping is 40 ms to this server, my computer is decent with ~40 fps in fights

What other characters do you have? none

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - like 50% (RL stuff sometimes as business trips, etc.)
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (until my nose will not touch the keyboard, so at least 3:00 AM really)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (until my nose will not touch the keyboard, so at least 3:00 AM really)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - like 50% (probably can but 19:30 is quite early outside winter cause of kids)

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

I've raided on DMF server withing raiding alliance DarkMoonRising (we were #3 on the server), cleared all TBC content but Achimonde, Illidian (last phase at 10% last week) and Sunwell before lolpatch

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?

Can be checked on wowheroes.com into detail but for Uld25 all but Algalon with hardmodes for FL, XT, Kologarn (Disarmed) and Ignis (Stocking one) for meta achievement. For 10 men I've never got into serious group on DMF server (our raiding alliance was aimed on 25men) and I wanted to change it so I transferred to Ghostlands. Despite of this I done all bosses but Yogg and Algalon on 10men with like 1/2 of hard modes for meta - missing especially the hardes ones: Freya+3, Mimiron, Vezax and Yogg from meta.

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.

Well I am shadow priest so my gear choices are made under following priorities:
1) get a spell hit cap
2) upgrade gear based on current scale for me (currently like 1.5 spp, 1.1 crit, 0.8 haste, 0.3 for spirit and int). I am using simcraft to recalculate my scale periodically with new changes in wow and in my gear so I am doing upgrades which really suits me and not "general shadow priest".

My short time target is upgrade another two pieces of t8 to t9.245 soon and ofcourse get 245ilvl upogrades to those 226ilvl which i have atm. Main focus are trinkets now because I really need to swap dying curse with all that spell hit coming from 245ilvl gear.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

Gems:
1) meta gem with 3% crit is really best choice for shadow priest and especially for me when I have quite a lot haste from gear
2) I am putting spp gems everywhere with exception of two blue gems for activation of metagem and cases when socket bonus together with orange gem is better than poor spp one with passing on bonus

Concerning enchants I am going for best in slot (based on same scale as I use for gear) so most of them are no-brainers. Only one choice which is personall can be +stamina/minor speed on boots - I am thinking that faster movement will increase dps on not stationary fights (which is most) and especially increase survivability and for this is common golden rule = "you are doing 0 dps when you are dead" ;o).

What glyphs are you using and why?

Major glyphs I'm using are [Glyph of Mind Flay][Glyph of Shadow][Glyph of Shadow Word Pain] – there are no other choices for PVE really.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

I have quite decent healing gear (should be good for normal ulduar runs) as my offspec is pve disc atm. However I am not very experienced with healing in raids (main usage are daily heroics and some voa and old 10men pugs). If there is short term necessity to use the offspec, I will ofcourse help towards raid targets, but really prefer to stay shadow for long term.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

not my case - I use both crafting proffesion

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

I moved to server to do not only serious 25men but as well 10men. I've joined BRB on Ghostlands based on their post on mmo-champion, but the real situation in guild is not what I've expected based on their forum as you probably know better than me.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

Well shadow priest brings a lot to the raid - stamina and spirit buff, +3% spell hit, replenishment, VE for group and in case of shadow priest itself decent dmg dealer who is versatile, shines in fight with a lot of running and can be good complement for nuking classes cause his dots. As well shadow priest has very good surviability thanx to shadowform and VE which is equal at least 1000hps for himself - not to mention other utilities as buble and disspersion.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

Would be nice to have some option for quick nuke (and you can be exhausted somehow after) - if shadow priest has to change targets quickly its a problem to be on par with other dps classes.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

I am mature player, who is focused on target. I respect others and will do the best. I will not mention obvious things like be on raid what I am signed for and come prepared because I really think that this is default behaviour and every guild whos members are failing on that fact more often are not really serious in their raiding.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Provides a very good platform for raiding both 25men and 10men and with quild leveling coming very nice little things. As well I will be proud to be member of top guild on this server and EU-wide.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Miroslav, 30, Czech Republic, IT/movies/fantasy books.

My job is IT consultant and I have wife and two kids (1 and 3 years). Of course I have to spent some time with family as it is important and that's why I have family but I can manage my time to make them happy and raid as well ;o).

Additional information which you would like to name?

I've been always putting a lot of effort in my character. You can check achievements/reputation on armory that I am quite focused on playing it. Concerning theoretical preparation I am reading shadowpriest.com and elitistjerk forums regularly for class mechanics. For news I am visiting mmo-champion and for boss fight I usually follow TankSpot, Stratfu and pages recommended on forums.

Last edited by Aldrox on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Aldrox
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted) Empty Re: Aldrox - shadow priest (Accepted)

Post  Itsybitsy Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 am

Gear, gems and enchants looking nice (for what a female dorf warrior can know about that).
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:09 am

Accepted on trial

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldrox Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:45 am

Thanx that was fast. Poke me for guild invite ingame (or I will;o) )

Aldrox
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanity Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:03 am

Welcome aboard mate wasnt gonna comment cos of the ban ;P but since its already been accepted yay finally another SP to have some fun with gear is good well gemmed experience is good all round pro application. Good reasons on glyphs same as me really.

Welcome dude Smile
Van
Vanity
Vanity
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldrox Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 am

Thanx for such nice words, Vanity.

Can anybody please grant me acess to forum? I've already joined calendar site and signed up for raids. This week I am saved to all but Naxx and ToGC 25 heroic with BRB however.

Aldrox
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum