Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted)

5 posters

Go down

Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Empty Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted)

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 8:23 am

Characters name:Hóóf
Class: Shaman
Race: Space Goat
Armory link: armory broken atm....will update asap. but full t7.5/ulduar bits
UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img41/9042/hoofs.jpg. As an explanation for Ele (which i was specced when i arrived) its basic with recount and DBM etc. When resto and in raid i use usually default bars with Healbot and decursive, unfortunately I havent been in a raid for the 30mins of being here to post my UI
Played Time on your character: 97days 49hrs here, mage 163days (now an alt)
Profesions and level of professions: Across all my chars i have all proffs at 450 execpt enchanting and engineering which is at 420. Shaman has JC and Engineering
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes max 160ms

What other characters do you have? Mage, pally, warr, Druid, warlock, DK

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - No (well not always, 1 in 3 i cant)
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes, until i pass out
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - possibly, may have my son but he would probably be asleep )
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what? TBC downed Twins Pre nerf, BT Etc also cleared. Minimal vanilla experience

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future. Current gear choices for resto are what was available at the time, I come from Magetheridon, and on that server there is only One real 25 man raiding guild, so competition for upgrades was fierce. As such compromises sometimes where made, and items didnt get upgraded at a normal pace. Bindings of the decrepit for example. To compound this the auction house very rarely had BOE's making it a lil tougher.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
Currently Im gemmed for Haste/MP5 to ensure my heals are effective rather than overheals, as i found was often the case when priests where also raid healing. This may have just been due to our raid setup and poor healer assignments and I am happy to fully regem/take advise on this.

What glyphs are you using and why?

Chainheal, earth shield, riptide . water Mastery renewed life, water walking.

Chainheal, intially as it was requested. but im fairly sure im going to replace this with LHW glyph as a much larger percentage of heals for ulduar are LHW than they have ever been and the additional target of CH glyph is usually overhealed. Renewed life and water walking to save regent space for pots/flasks and offspec gear. Water Mastery again on instruction. but i think replacing that with Water shield would be beneficial to reduce recasting it.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Almost comparable Ele gear to my resto, although i share some items across both specs. I raided regurarly as Elemental, and would say im fairly up to date with mechanics (although i may be proven wrong, if so again any pointers would be taken on board)

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one? Happy to change any profession.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving? Violent By Design, Magtheridon. Guild Merged with Intruders and most people decided to leave the server due to its massive horde imbalance and poor raid availability

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others? Raid uility, flexibility as to our raid role and hit/ mana buffs to the group/raid

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Perhaps further improvements to our totems rather than a buff to our own spells. Back in TBC shamans were one spell wonders and that was moved away from with the introduction of riptide, and the benefits of it. Im not sure blizzard have got it totally right yet, however in fairness im no theorycrafter and just tend to adjust to whatever nerf hammer blizzy decide to hit us with. Hence why throughout my app i have said im open to suggestions on spec etc. I am capable at healing etc, but at the same time not almighty and may have missed something truly obvious.

What do you think you can add to Eternals? Experienced raid healer with the ability to spot fill if needed for DPS. adpatability and a willingness to rethink my rotations and take on new information to maximise my raid use.

What do you think Eternals can do for you? Show me the deeper delights of ulduar and watch things die

Personal infomation; Andy, 28, preston England, Used to love Rugby but broke too many things. have a 3yr old son (not living with me) Work wise Tech support on a 9-5 so no interuptions there

Additional information which you would like to name? Nothing of note. Writing applications isnt my strongest point =)

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted) Empty Re: Hóóf-Resto/Ele shaman (Accepted)

Post  Fredhenk Thu May 28, 2009 8:30 am

nice app Smile shame we cant look at your gear yet :"(
Fredhenk
Fredhenk
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 am

Yea, really annoying. Been waiting 1 hour now. If anyone really wants to see me im idling by the IF bank laughing at all the AH items im selling

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 9:17 am

armory up

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=H%C3%B3%C3%B3f

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekia Thu May 28, 2009 10:30 am

Why does every Resto shaman using Healbot ;_; it such a piece of crap ._..

Mekia
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 10:45 am

Because i havent found a decent mouse over UI to raid heal with keybinds. Grid was just an epic ballache, this is just simples =) any alternatives feel free to recommend, as i know its not awesome, but it does the job.

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu May 28, 2009 10:51 am

Hey there Hoof, ive noticed youve written this application from a mainly resto PoV, what would your thought be on raiding as Elemental mostly full time?
And unlucky on being from Preston! :p (Dunno why, I just dont like the place :p)

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 10:56 am

Totally happy being elemental, posted from a resto Pov as that is a touch better from a gear standpoint. Will also have to do a lil reading on rotation to ensure im maximising my dps but other than that its all good.

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu May 28, 2009 10:59 am

Could you explain your glyph choises and what you understand of your rotation as elemental then.
Our resident Elemental is on some holiday to Norway (dunno why anyone would go there, Sweden is much cooler imo) hense why a Paladins asking you this :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 11:17 am

Glyphs atm are FS, Lava burst and Wrath. I use these as recasting FS every lavaburst is not exactly efficient, Lava Burst as with the T7.5 set bonus i get 10% extra dmg and 10% extra crit damage, which seemed a nice choice. I have been toying with Lightning bolt, but it seems i need to increase my haste in order to get an effective use out of it.

currently

FS, Ele Mast , LvB, CL, LB, LB, LB

but....if i get 500 haste its suggested to take Glyph of lightning over LvB due to the increased use and change of rotation to something like

FS, Ele Mast, LvB, LB,LB,LB,LB,LB

the extra LB being the difference apparently.

Maybe totally wrong, but the theory seems reasonable enough

** Edit, changed a few things including glyph to LB and lost the set bonus for a touch more sp, has given a DPS increase of around 120 excluding Ele mast and CL from the rotation **

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Im curious why you'd use mastery on a LvB. :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hóóf Thu May 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Was the suggested thing to get the crit, but tbh ive been testing on targets (not ideal maybe) and i really cant see the point of it for overall dps and it seems if anything to reduce it.

Still learning, but learning fast =)

Hóóf
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu May 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Its a guaranteed crit and a shorter cast time than a LB ^^
Anyway, we're gonna offer you a trial, mostly as Elemental for a time being, but as resto when needed, whisper an officer or myself for an inv when yer ready. :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Torruco Thu May 28, 2009 10:06 pm

gratz, don't screw it up, Ronab's a hard-ass
Torruco
Torruco
Eternals Member

Location : Land of Chocolate, waffles, dutchy-kickers etc...heaven?

http://www.tiava.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum