Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Dps changes in new build EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Dps changes in new build EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Dps changes in new build EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Dps changes in new build EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Dps changes in new build EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Dps changes in new build EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Dps changes in new build EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Dps changes in new build EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Dps changes in new build EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Dps changes in new build Vote_lcap60%Dps changes in new build Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Dps changes in new build Vote_lcap40%Dps changes in new build Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Dps changes in new build

2 posters

Go down

Dps changes in new build Empty Dps changes in new build

Post  Shiatan Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 am

Retribution * Sanctified Seals was renamed to Sanctity of Battle, now Increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and attacks by 1/2/3% and increases the damage caused by Exorcism and Crusader Strike by 5/10/15%.

lets see how these work on a heroic test dummy with the paladin buffed with might, matyr and ret aura.

Dps changes in new build Live_d10

and now on PTR with the changes

Dps changes in new build Ptr_dp10

this test was on the same dummy and using mana pot, LoH, Constant dev plea, constant AW and the herbing heal

backlashed myself on the live fight do to trying to get close to the ptr dps but it would of been higher as takes a few secs to get ooc with dots ticking

Ptr fight lasted 4 mins till i was oom, Live fight 3:30 till i killed myself from matyr backlash Razz

p.s
rotation was standard raid rotation including consecration on ptr exorcism was added when off cd
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Dps changes in new build Empty Re: Dps changes in new build

Post  Ronab Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 pm

One thing id like to point out, is the PTR dummies in my experience, were always fully raid debuffed, because of so many people using them, this can squeue the results.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 am

I decided tonight to test SoC vs SoM, now I all know we already know SoM is better, but I wanted to see by how much, and if there was any way to pull the seals closer together.

So anyway, armed with my ret gear, glyph of Judgement, glyph of Consecraton and importantly, glyph of seal of command (which on a 3.6 wep, puts it up to a 50% proc rate) I started bashing at a heroic training dummy. Each attempt lasted the same amount of time, had the same number of avenging wraths, and the same time spent hammer of wrathing (i wouldnt hammer of wrath the entire fight).

Note also when using SoC, i changed my Venture Co. Libram of Retribution to the Libram of Reciprocation (173crit on JoC proc chance).

So the results came back as:

SoC: 2225.4 2324.2 2287.2 2310.4 2243.6 2332.9 2380.7 2256.0 2357.1 2301.0
SoM:2481.4 2490.0 2451.2 2390.0 2440.4 2470.1 2476.9 2431.6 2399.3 2489.1

SoC Average: 2301.85
SoM Average: 2451.55

So, we're looking at about 150dps difference counting only a BoM and HotC as buffs.

This did get me thinking though. SoC counts as holy damage and completely mitigates armor, whereas SoM does not. Furthermore, with a slower weapon (3.8 and above) SoC will be over 50% proc chance. Also with the most recent patch, SoC ppms now scale directly with haste. Vs very high armor bosses, this might actually close the gap.
Currently SoM is 27% weapon damage per swing extra.
SoC however is 45% weapon damage + 23% spell power.
Meaning that with enough ap buffs (which convert to spellpower), and various sp buffs like totem of wrath, SoC will surelly outscale SoM. A slower weapon would still be needed to achive this, however, and all my tests were done with the relativly fast, Death's bite. Another thing to note is, SoC can actually proc off JoC. SoM cannot. (Minor point, I know.)

Im really curious if, with enough spellpower, and a slow enough weapon (and the fact that ret wont have Spiritual attunment in 3.1) if SoC will become the superior pve seal. Ill be looking alot deeper into this in the coming weeks.

Ps. sorry for terrible spelling, grammar, layout etc. Wrote this at 6am and im tired!

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down