Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted)

2 posters

Go down

Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Empty Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted)

Post  Mordorak Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 am

General information

Character name: Mordorak
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Mordorak
UI screenshot:
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80): 121 days of which 81 days were played as an 80. First 80, so I did not level too quickly.
Professions and level of professions: tailoring and herbing, both at 450. I have the mats for JC and 3 dragon's eyes in the bank and will drop herbing for JC today since I only had it to pick herbs for the insane Smile
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): yes, stable connection. Latency is around 150 to 180 MS in ICC

What other characters do you have?

Some low level, i.e. below 20, toons including a shammy and a druid as well as a level 69 DK workiung as my bank toon.

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-02:00 - Yes
Saturday 19:30-02:00 - Yes
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

While I am avaiable every day I would prefer to have one or two nights a week off to avoid raiding burnout.

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

No, I dinged 80 late into Ulduar, but I cleared all pre-WotLK content aside from the last two bosses in Sunwell. The place is obviously a pitch to pug and I gave up on that place after three, four attempts.

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.

10 man:

Naxxramas 15/15 (Tried for the undying a bunch of times, never worked out)
Malygos 1/1
Sartharion 1/1 (including OS3D)
Wintergrasp 4/4
Ulduar 13/14 (Agalon missing, XT the only hardmode so far)
Coliseum 5/5
Icecrown 11/12 (LK missing)
Icecrown hard 1/12 (gunship, what else Smile
RS 10 1/1 (no hc yet)

25 man:

Naxxramas 14/15
Wintergrasp 4/4
Ulduar 5/14
Coliseum 4/5
Icecrown 7/12
Icecrown hard 1/12 (gunship, what else Smile

Obviously a lot less experience in 25 man since the raiding guild I was in never had a great 25 man great.

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.

SP and intelligence all the way for healing output and a large mana pool. I have one piece of T10 251 (head) and the EoF to buy three more pieces for the (2) and the (4) set bonus, but due to lack of marks I have not bought them yet. Won one as a trial in another guild ones and gave it to the MT, so Karma never paid me back.

I have a variety of librams and other gear, i.e. gloves, I use depnding on the situation, i.e. if I need to preserve mana or increase healing output. The current armory gear is just what I put on if I switch out from prot gear.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

The standard int stacking with a nightmare tear to make the meta gem happy. Meta is an insightful earthsiege diamond for a chance of mana. Enchating I go with the usual suspect for more SP and some crit, but my weapon enchant is intellecet instead of spellpower. Once I switch back to JC I might go with 63 SP again, depending on the mana situation.

What glyphs are you using and why?

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom (3% reduced mana costs, could switch to 3% extra healing depending on the situation)
Glyph of Holy Light (extra healing for toons in range)
Glyph of Beacon of Light (increased beacon duration)
Glyph of Blessing of Wisdom (useless, but what the hell)
Glyph of Lay on Hands (reduces lay on hands CD by 5 minutes)
Glyph of the Wise (useless, but what the hell)

Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?

51/5/15, i.e. holy with retri. The foucs is on mana regen via high crit and high healing output vs. the more damage avoidance oriented aspect of holy+prot. I tried both specs in ICC and prefer holy+retri. For the fights I have done with my guild I do not require any innervate from a druid aside from the LK fight assuming I do not use divine plea.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

Prot with decent gear, i.e. I tanked the first six bosses in ICC 10 and 5 in ICC 25. I tend to tank in randoms and have tanked Naxx, Uld, OS 3D and Ony for example. I levelled in prot and only picked up healing for my guild, but I do enjoy healing quite a bit and prefer it over tanking in ICC now Smile

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

Tailoring and herbing, but as mentioned I am dropping herbing today for JC due to the better raiding bonuses.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

The only raiding guild I was in you might have heard of is the Pandas which I left this morning. I did leave because people had families and a social life, i.e. it was hard to get raiding on more than four nights a week and the raid time was usually three hours only in theory and usually a little less than that. Compared to what I did before I made great progress and the guys and gals tought me a lot, but I do feel that a more hardcore guild suits my needs and abilities more.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

Holy palies are pidgeon holed for tank healing and I do think that it is the niche they do play really well. The blessings are obviously nice and while you can use drums for 8% versions of some of the blessings it is not the same Smile

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

A nicer HoT and some dedicated group heals, but I kind of doubt it will happen due to balancing reasons Smile

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

A dedicated, well prepared raider, happy to wipe all night on new content.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

People with a kindred spirit, i.e. dedicated to play their class at the best possible level. I would lie if I did not expect to make some progress in ICC.

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?

No. I talked to Curzed yesterday a bit and answered and asked some questions, but he suggested that I formally apply and here I am.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Michael Abshoff, 37, living in Germany at the moment, but I spend most of the last 13 years in the US working as a software contractor, so I can make my own hours. Single, so no one to keep me from raiding if I want to. I enjoy reading quite a bit to balance all the time I spend in front of the screen and try to get outside every once in a while by doing a little exercise.

Additional information which you would like to name?

Nope

Cheers,

mordorak

Last edited by Itsybitsy on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors corrected, RS 10 added)

Mordorak

Back to top Go down

Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted) Empty Re: Holy Paladin Mordorak (Accepted)

Post  Curzed Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 am

accepted for trial. Whisp me or any other officer in game.
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down