Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Vote_lcap60%(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Vote_lcap40%(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx

+3
Ragingal
Killwolf
Curzed
7 posters

Go down

(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Empty (Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx

Post  Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:52 pm

General information

Character name: Zinkx
Class: Death Knight
Race: Human
Armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Zinkx
UI screenshot:
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80): 69days 22hours (52days 13hours)
Professions and level of professions: Blacksmith/Jewelcraft 450
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): stable as can be, varies between 30-75

What other characters do you have?
Holy Paladin / Prot - 80 (HarĂº)
Marksman Hunter - 80 (Zinkz)

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - No
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - No (available from 23pm onwards - till sun comes out!)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - No (available from 23pm onwards - till sun comes out!)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what? None at the appropriate level, done karazhan, although at lvl 80 only.

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.

Trial of the Crusader 10 - 5/5

Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 4/5

Trial of the Crusader 25 - 5/5

Trial of the Grand Crusader 0/5

Icecrown Citadel 10(normal) - 11/12 (know the LK encounter however)

Icecrown Citadel 10(heroic) - 8/12 (first 4, rotface/fester/bprinces/BQL)

Icecrown Citadel 25(normal) - 6/12 (with strong attempts on Valithria and B.Princes)

Icecrown Citadel 25(heroic) - 0/12 (none as of now, hoping to change that)

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.

I used to have 100% ArP in bloodspec, changed that now however with the upcoming Catacylsm changes, i'd rather change it now - than later. (ArP changes to crit/haste come cata). Other than that I opt for full str gain, with the usual 10str/10crit. I chose the gear that i have, being the best i can currently get hold of. (due to lack of 25man raid encounters). I have a decent tank offspec available if needed.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

As stated above, I used to have 100% ArP in bloodspec, changed that now to full str (getting more and more into unholy this way), gems are 20str and 10str/10crit all the way.

What glyphs are you using and why?
-Major-
(Blood spec)
Glyph of Death Strike - up to a maximum of 25% extra dmg from Death Strike
Glyph of Icy Touch - 20% increased dmg from Frost fever
Glyph of DRW - 5 seconds longer, surely is a dps increase? Wink
(Unholy spec)
Glyph of the Ghoul - 40% increased str, additional dps.
Glyph of Dark Death - 15% increased dmg from Death Coil
Glyph of Icy Touch - 20% increased dmg from Frost Fever
-Minor-
Glyph of HoW - Lasts 1 Minute longer
Glyph of Pestilence - Increased radius
Glyph of Raise Dead - No reagents needed

Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?

Cookie cutter specs both of them really, nothing to extraordinary, as you dont have much room to play with really. 10% extra AP is never wrong (blood) or extra magic dmg taken (unholy) is never wrong. And yes i'm aware that other classes bring the buffs, but that wasn't the question here.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

I have a blood tanking spec, which i'm experienced in using. (tanked more than I dps'd recently, especially in ICC hardmodes). I am willing to use it if i should ever be needed to.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

I have 2 crafting skills, as I personally find them the strongest Raid professions there are. (extra sockets + extra gems) cant go wrong there.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

Started off in a very social and small guild (now rather big'ish) Crimson Guard, was my first guild when i started off playing wow back a while ago. Had a great time there, and do thank a lot of them for teaching me stuff i didnt know. Didnt stay much longer after 80 - till i moved on to FUSE (current guild). This guild has been the best guild i'd have heard of sofar. I applied after joining a PUG at the then weekly Razorscale. I was invited to join the Ventrilo channel, and straight away felt the warmth of the peeps raiding. Was real fun, made me want to be a member, so i applied. Now i'm currently a MainOfficer, although i have experience in raidleading, i prefer not to raidlead, due to personal preferences (will speak about them in detail if needed).
The reason why i want to leave the current guild is rather complex, so i'll keep it simple. I feel like the life has been sucked out of FUSE, with many people either leaving or just switching to social, I know Real Life is important, but raiding is fun.

I think now is the time for me to move on, i have had great times there and i thank them for everything really.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

Great DPS (^^), alot of PEWPEW, little QQ - no, serious. DK's are a great addition to any raid. They can take an additional hit (switching to frost presence) within seconds, that any other class couldnt talk (ok maybe rogues, if they have uber imba dodge).

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

Give us one damned proper tank spec. As of now, every spec is capable of tanking and dpsing. It's just a personal preference into which spec you want to tank. So yeah, i know it's coming in Cataclysm.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

A great guy on vent, a serious yet laidback guild mate, bags of fun, always up for a laugh. On raid days, always prepared, organized, willing to succeed.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

Hopefully show me more of the raidcontent than i currently know, have a laugh on ventrilo / ingame when not raiding.

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?

Auron - Ex guild member from FUSE, if it's gonna be nice i'll let him decide (that guys a WoW guru^^)

Yamamoto - brother of Auron, ex guild member of FUSE, nice guy, enjoyed the raids he/they were in.

Sanbo - another ex FUSE member, great guy, with great dps.

Mcluvvin

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Name - Bekir (turkish origin, born british!!)

Age - 21

Where you live - Wigan/Manchester/United Kingdom

Interests / Hobbies - Football, WoW, Heroes of Newerth, Coding, soft. development

Job - Currently jobless, just came out of college,

I live with my parents, but they're cool and never nag me, unless it's super urgent (the president is on the phone and needs me to hack him some files etc.)

Additional information which you would like to name?

I LUV ETERNALS!

Back to top Go down

(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Empty Re: (Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx

Post  Curzed Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Thank you for applying. It is under discussion and we will get back to you.
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

(Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx Empty Re: (Accepted) Blood/Unholy DK dps - Zinkx

Post  Killwolf Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 am

So unholy is your main spec atm?
Killwolf
Killwolf
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:03 am

As of right now i've been playing blood ever since i got to 80. I am capable of playing both unholy and blood, so i wouldnt count either as my mainspec really. In both specs i am capable to do maximum DPS.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:18 am

If you are happy playing both what spec would you use for the majority of ICC, and for what fights would you consider changing specs? I can think of at least two fights where one spec would be better than the other, what would those be and why would spec x be better than spec y?
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 am

shotgun hysteria Twisted Evil deal with it!!

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:44 am

Tyrex wrote:shotgun hysteria Twisted Evil deal with it!!

not a problem with me i bought Quizzigs tricks Very Happy
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:30 am

First of all thanks for the quick replies,

Yes I would happily either play Unholy or blood, whichever may suit the raid best. I would use unholy in raids that have a high amount of casting dmg (due to the buff of ebon plaguebringer). I would not be able to identify on which fights either spec is better than the other, cause for me - all specs are equal at the end of the fight. I am however, willing to learn more about my class (not saying i'm a total noob, but you always learn). In that case enlighten me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 am

So there's no fights where maybe unholy would provide something that blood wouldn't? Something that would be really useful in certain fights?
It's not meant to seem rude, it's just to see if you can identify where a switch in spec could assist the raid, as a certain tree pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago when I was asked to change spec for certain fights, it's not all about recount! And he does have a point! Smile
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Well, it's known that unholy is more aoe'ish dps, whilst blood is single target. However i think that unholy can compete very well with blood on single target too. So i'd go for fights like LdW/valithria strong unholy fights, due to adds. Maybe even saurfang (25man, well depends really). You are right that recount doesnt matter, i dont even have the addon installed Embarassed , it's the overall raid/guild performance that counts + the personal performance.
And also, unholy brings the anti-magic zone (isnt much of a protection, but every little helps) on fights like sindragosa25 where it matters to reduce as much inc damage as possible.

Now gogo, and tell me i'm wrong in my theory, pretty sure i am, guess i'm not made for the thinking part! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm

I wasnt going to say you were wrong, i dont really know enough about DKs to say any theory was wrong. What i was thinking was that a unholy spec with Desecration would be pretty nice for fights like saurfang and LK where snares on adds would be really useful, especially when we do heroic Saurfang (assuming the adds arent immune) as controlling the adds is basically the difference between a wipe and a kill.
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Ah i get your point now, ofc i do make use of my CoI (chains of ice) on fights like LK and saurfang ^^, desecration, i'm not too sure that actually works, although it should work since earthbind totem does. Yes i get your point now, i wasnt thinking about the "rather" obvious mechanics, and went for the rough ones. QQ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanbo Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:49 am

Sorry i have not posted already, I didnt know that Zinkx was going to apply (probably the first person from fuse that i didnt already know was going to apply)

I cant comment on Specs of a DK as i have no idea, but I can say that Zinkx was pretty much always online when i was in fuse, signed up for almost everyraid, and was always prepared with flasks etc,

From what I remember with the raids we did together (at the end of my time in fuse we only did 10mans and we were in seperate teams) he always followed plans and rarely failed on things like standing in fire or being in the complete wrong place (eg not being inside marrowgars hitbox, getting killed by ooze explosion etc)
Sanbo
Sanbo
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 am

Does he know how to kill valks?

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 am

u willing to take full responsebilaty for this guy, sanbo?

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanbo Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:14 am

What do you mean by full responsibility?
Sanbo
Sanbo
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

Tightbriefs wrote:Does he know how to kill valks?

I assume you're meaning the LK valks, anything else i shall take as an offence..
Yes i know how to kill them, I will explain it if you really must test me.

Tyrex wrote:u willing to take full responsebilaty for this guy, sanbo?

I'm old enough to take care of myself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm

accepted on trial whisper an officer ingame for an invite

p.s.

not me
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate the chance - will whisper an officer as soon as i am on my computer (not laptop).

-zinkx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum