Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted)

+4
Charmediam
Hykos
Perkyspy
nickel
8 posters

Go down

Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Empty Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted)

Post  nickel Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 am

Character name:Nickelsilver
Class:paladin
Race:Human
Armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Nickelsilver
UI screenshot: i'll post one later when i switch to my pc Very Happy
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80): Total=74 days, 21 hours - At 80= 42 days 20 hours
Professions and level of professions:Alchemy and Jewelcrafting both 450
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):yes and it is usually around 100-150

What other characters do you have?
Assin, rogue , http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Assin
Misanthropy, Warlock, (soon to come ally)http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Misanthropy
Smoshed , prot warr , http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Smoshed

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Until i get uberly tired ^^)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes(" ")
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

Didn't bother rushing out to buy wow when it was first released as i was addicted to other games so i started around TBC. Most of TBC i spent leveling so i didn't get that much end game stuff done ( only tier 4/some 5 content).

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.

I have cleared every thing up until 3.3 (excluding some HM's) where as 3.3 my ICC progress consists of;

10 man: 9/11 (sindra to 9%)
25 man:6/11

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.
As a holy paladin, i tend to take the Holy light spamming approach so my main goal is mana conservation so i find intellect my most important stat for Icecrown raiding.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
I have chosen my Enchants and gems to suit my spec and my play style.Also i find the crit of the intellect very useful.

What glyphs are you using and why?

In my holy spec, i am using Glyph of Holy light to help out on the raid with giving melee a bit of a top up. I also use Glyph of beacon as i this way i don't have to keep target switching to replace it on a new player every Minuit . Glyph of seal of wisdom as my healing spells have a reduced mana cost of 5% so it helps my conserve mana.
My minor glyphs as a holy paladin don't really help to much except for the glyph of lay n hands witch reduces the cooldown of LoH by 5 mins.

Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?
I find Crit very important as a holy paladin and tend to gather as much of it. This is why i went for a 51/5/15 build so i could get the "convitction" talent.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

I have played prot as my offspec ever since i made my paladin so i do have some experince. I think the gear score of my prot spec is around 5.2 and around the same for my ret spec. I have tank up to proffesor Putri in my prot set but the rest of content i have done was as holy.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one? Both of my proffs are Crafting proffs Smile

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Serious Business - Great guild overall, but i would like to make some more progress.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

As of my lack of AoE heals, i find that my class is obviously the best tank healer so i find my strengths within single target healing.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

It depends on what you mean Razz.

Just something general that i could change? Or something i would like to see change for the paladin class?

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
Provide a experience holy paladin that turns up on time, every time that comes prepared with things i need (flasks,pots, reagents) and is ready to down some bosses!

What do you think Eternals can do for you? To help me progress through some end raid gaming as we have a laugh as we do it Very Happy

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?
Nope :<

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
The names Iain Woodward and im 17 from Manchester, UK. Very interested in rugby and love music. Im a collage student at the moment , and i am studying to become a web designer.

Additional information which you would like to name?

nickel

Back to top Go down

Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Empty Re: Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted)

Post  Perkyspy Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am

nice from manchester you say Very Happy give more metrosexual mancunians
goodluck on your application

-perky
Perkyspy
Perkyspy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted) Empty Re: Nickelsilver - holy paladin (Accepted)

Post  nickel Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 am

Well when i say Manchester, i actually mean Warrington, but you get the drift im from the North West Razz

nickel

Back to top Go down

Post  Perkyspy Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:21 am

ah nice Smile im like 15miles from manchester at the moment but yea its easyier to say manchester :p you might of actualy heard of the place its called Hadfield (were they filmed League of Gentlemen)
Perkyspy
Perkyspy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nickel Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 am

ahh yes, It's near Oldham where i was the other day Razz

nickel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hykos Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:52 am

Gief a few more from the North West to counteract the daft amount of Dutch people we have. Although I'm not quite sure if Warrington counts as habitable, gives me the shudders just getting the train through it.

Good luck with your app though mate.
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmediam Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Hykos wrote:Gief a few more from the North West to counteract the daft amount of Dutch people we have. Although I'm not quite sure if Warrington counts as habitable, gives me the shudders just getting the train through it.

Good luck with your app though mate.

What´s wrong with Dutch people? Wink
Charmediam
Charmediam
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaili Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Their DUTCH?
Kaili
Kaili
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nickel Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I see Eternals are a very Dutchist guild? Razz

nickel

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Ofcourse, it beats being Hollands Wink
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Holymanos Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:07 am

Enchants and gems seems ok.Spec can be improved a bit.Just 1 question.What will u do when u go oom u had your mana pot and the tank still needs some decent healing?

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  nickel Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:17 am

The spec i have at the moment isn't my standard spec, i was playing around with it to try different play style. I usually use the crit build by using Conviction in the ret spec.

As for your little ooming situational you ask, usually if this occurred, i'd first of all pop my trinket if im wearing it witch give me 1.6k mana back, use a judgment of wisdom on the boss(melee to gain some mana if there's not to much damage going out and depending on the boss), pop divine plea and also Divine illumination and then i would just keep spamming holy light while i gain some mana back and just keep using judgment every time it's off CD to give some mana back while i keep the tank/s up.

nickel

Back to top Go down

Post  Holymanos Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 am

Its a start but there is a better way....plea+wings+trinket...u wont have time to jow since it has 1sec gcd and u dont want to delay a single heal.Later on without trinket but with the 2set on tier10 u can go plea + illumination without loosing any % of healing.Also i said the tank needs decent healing so u can spam Flash.If the tank needs heavy healing and u go oom then u need holy/prot spec to raidwall 1st or to sacrifice tank.

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 am

i cans sit on tank all day without going oom Very Happy 40k mana ftw Razz
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  nickel Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 am

wow, 40k mana UB, that is nice Very Happy, but i'd love to see it last on 25 man LK HC Razz

nickel

Back to top Go down

Post  Holymanos Sun May 02, 2010 9:01 am

Accepted on trial which means do your best to stay or......
w/me or an officer for inv.

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum