Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Are u a raid healer or not? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Are u a raid healer or not? Vote_lcap60%Are u a raid healer or not? Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Are u a raid healer or not? Vote_lcap40%Are u a raid healer or not? Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Are u a raid healer or not?

+4
Tyrex
Subeam
Hykos
Holymanos
8 posters

Go down

Are u a raid healer or not? Empty Are u a raid healer or not?

Post  Holymanos Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/disc-priest-raid-healing/

Holymanos
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Are u a raid healer or not? Empty Re: Are u a raid healer or not?

Post  Hykos Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 am

Just transferred the big daddy of all raid healers (well, used to be. Not so much now) back across. Did someone order 14k HPS?
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 am

Since when do you have access to Zax's account, Ross? ;o
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am

i ordered those 14k HPS weeks ago, where the fuck have they been?

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:42 am

This is my old article I wrote few months ago.
Its a wall of text os if you dont want to read it, I have short version for you.

Yes and No.

Hello,

atm I am only active priest healer and this forum is dead. But anyway:
Some of you are leveling your priest alts
Some of you have to assign healers in raids
Some of you are just curious
Some of you are tanks
Some of you dont care :-)

So who is priest in your raid? No matter if holy or disciple your priest is not a raid healer. Believe it or not, he is also not a tank healer. Both roles can be done better by paladins and druids. (Sorry shammies, you are good, but blizzards hate you atm)
So who is this slacker and why should we invite him into raid?

Disc priest is the guy who shields you before damage is done. Doesnt sound like a big deal but this guy is increasing your HP for 5-7k for 30 seconds. When you take damage, it goes to shield. Nobody has to spend time healing you, you are still full HP. When shield is consumed, priest gains mana. Target gains mana or rage.
Every critical heal places another sort of shield on target. Its not that powerfull but it can stack up to 10k (i think)
So its all about shields. You prevent damage or you shield people taking damage and then move to another, you dont heal, you just give others enough time to heal because they ARE better suited for raid/tank healing then you!
Only case when you HEAL is when all your targets have weakened soul debuff so you cant shield or somebody is going to die or overall damage is too high for healers to manage without your help.
So just sit there, pre-shield and watch your PoM bouncing- if somebody is dangerously low, penance. If you must raid heal, use one shield on random target for haste, then cast hasted PoH, shield another, PoH,.......
If your tank is taking really heavy damage, help with shield, penance, PoM and pain suppression, just dont get obsessed by tank healing.

You can help tank healing and you can help raid healing. HELP, nothing more....
Most of your "healing" will be done by absorbtion (shield, divine aegis, inspiration). You wont see it on recount, if you need numbers, check world of logs or WWS...

HOLY - ok, somebody will tell you that you are raidhealer. More or less yes, but again, you are not best raidhealer in game. If you ever see yourself on top of recount beating similary geared druids and paladins (sorry shammans, you are underpowered atm), stop doing everything and ask 2 questions:
1) Is my recount broken?
if its fine
2) What the hell are you guys doing? Stop slacking!

You can pull out very nice numbers as holy. Your basic "rotation" is PoM, CoH, 2xFH, hasted PoH. Your "smart" heals PoM and CoH are dumb and your PoH is slow even hasted - so you help with raid healing - dont worry about overhealing when using CoH, PoH, PoM - other healers are faster or their heals are "smarter" so you will overheal. Help them and use same logic as disciple - slack&wait. You will crit a lot. Crit = instantly casted Flash Heal. Thats your opportunity to save somebodys ass = just heal and use your instant casts wisely to help where needed. Instant FH is your holy penance, its reactive cast fast lifesaver....
One last advice for holy: AVOID greater heal! Atm its decent spell if you spend like 8-12 talent points to improve it and even with those points its just average spell when it comes to efficiency. If you know the fight and you can predict damage, ok, use precasted or Serendipity hasted GH and then tell everybody that you just critically healed for 20k. Gratz. Do it twice a month but please, avoid GH most of the time, ok? Lets hope they will fix it in some patch...

Glyphs:
Disc: Penance, PoH, PW:S
Holy: Guardian Spirit!!!, CoH, PoH
arguable: FH - if you have mana issues

Seriously guys, get Guardian Spirit glyph, KEYBIND GS and USE it ffs! Its your best holy ability ever, its your priest version of ingame sex! Glyphed it has one minute CD unless target dies and is restored to 50% maxHP by GS. Lasts 10 seconds. ALL healing received by target of GS is increased by 40%! And you can use it every single minute. So seriously, you pay thousands of gold every year to increase your spellpower with gems and enchants and here blizzards give you 40% healing done increase for 1/6 of fight duration for free.
You dont have this glyph? You dont use GS? Please visit your doctor immediately. When your target is "winged" and healers are spam healing him with 40% bonus he gets as close to immortality as possible.

Tanks - whenever you see holy priest, make sure he casts GS on you when spike damage is coming - even if this guy is slacker and his healing sux, GS will boost healing YOU receive from other healers.

Gearing: Thats too complicated to cover. Simply said, elitist jerks spend hundreds of posts to argue about haste/crit ratio and cap. What is better? What is enough? Till today nobody managed to prove that his statement about crit/hast is correct. No conclusive math has been presented. That simply means that they are almost same important to you. Dont avoid haste or crit, stack both, make decisions based on your playstyle.

Let me know about your priests, how are they doing. Disagree with me.
Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:02 am

Trumpetka wrote:

You prevent damage or you shield people taking damage and then move to another, you dont heal, you just give others enough time to heal because they ARE better suited for raid/tank healing then you!
Only case when you HEAL is when all your targets have weakened soul debuff so you cant shield or somebody is going to die or overall damage is too high for healers to manage without your help.
So just sit there, pre-shield and watch your PoM bouncing- if somebody is dangerously low, penance. If you must raid heal, use one shield on random target for haste, then cast hasted PoH, shield another, PoH,.......
If your tank is taking really heavy damage, help with shield, penance, PoM and pain suppression, just dont get obsessed by tank healing.

You can help tank healing and you can help raid healing. HELP, nothing more....

Bullshit; If u as a Disc priest work ur internal cd's properly we make EXCELENT tank healers, and u CAN HEAL as a disc priest, i have proven this many times by outhealing Holy priest's (without going oom ^^) its jst the way u work ur rotation and focus on the haste buff's u gain.. lets say someone is doing down on health quite fast, with the right talents ofc u simply cast a shield on someone, gain borrowed time, then cast a big heal allmost as fast as u would do ur small heal. u have to pay good attention at what is going on but still as a disc priest u can put out a nice amount of healing not counting the absorbs! u dont have to be a bubble spammer as a disc priest Smile

/peace
Stylesz
Stylesz

http://www.tagged.com/kimmels

Back to top Go down

Post  Curzed Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:29 am

healing sniper !!
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

Hmm... tempted to start with bullshit word but...

1) Disc priest is viable tank healer - but its not best tank healer around.
2) You managed to overheal holy priest. Not gonna argue here - you can do it, why not. Same gear, same raid, your recount showed more healing done. Gratz. Sometimes you heal faster then other healers making them overheal, sometimes encounter mechanics makes you look better then other classes... Yes, you can heal. You can heal raid. Again, you are not best class suited for it.
3) Proper management of cooldowns and "rotation" is basics. You are right, 1,3s unhasted FH compared to BT 1,5s greater heal or 1,3s BT penance makes difference and that is how disc works when he heals. Lets ignore fact that you need one GCD to gain BT, lets say you are pro and you can precast it. Lets assume unlimited amount of targets unafected by weakened soul making BT available every time you need it. You can raid heal, you can pull out nice numbers if you have to, you can keep everybody alive - but if there is enough capable raid healers around, shield spam is what brings more value into raid healing then simple healing. And you still have possiblity to stop spamming shields and do some "direct" healing if needed.

So I am not really sure what caught your eye so badly. If you are not best class for that role, you are helping somebody who is - and you bring utility to overall raid team healing.

Unless you truly believe 3.3.3 priest is best raid healer or tank healer available in game compared to equally geared/skilled paladin/druid I would love to continue in this discussion.
Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 am

lol! no if u already feel someone stepped on ur dick by giving his oppinion (wich u asked for urself) its no use to continue a discussion like this Smile

and jst for the record; Am not saying where the best tank healers, am also not saying where the best raid healers.. but in case a palla, or a druid or what ever wouldent be there we make an excelent replacement, i never said we are better, am jst saying we can do the job if it would be asked of us..

And nothing caught my bad eye, that also is bullshit Smile if i have a problem with someone that person will know, and i say it to the face instead of using bad sarcasm to try and mindfuck someone but still look cute Wink
Stylesz
Stylesz

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Perfect, so by moving in circle we finally reached place where we actually agree with each others statement about topic and disagree in question of right to live on same planet.

But its healing what matters, so for purpose of this discussion I consider your facts "healing" and your lovely comments overhealing - unless you run oom feel free to overheal :-)
Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 pm

cynical and sarcastic! u rly should apply to NASA mate seeing ur so smart, then u wouldent even have to discuss the right to live on the same planet with ppl! u can jst go live at the new space station!

Dont blame me for going off topic mate, i jst responded to ur thread in my own words - maybe not allways the correct words - but none the less about the topic Smile

Dont worry, god loves u!! lets keep it at that Wink
Stylesz
Stylesz

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Pally>All
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curzed Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:44 pm

druids > loladins
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm

yea truefax ive heard of druids doing 15k HPS!!!! paladins could never do that! Wink ooh wait......

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down