Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted)

+3
Ronab
Fanthom
Atalya
7 posters

Go down

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Empty Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted)

Post  Atalya Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:32 pm

First off good evening or morning to you all.

My name is Tarron and have been dipping in and out of wow since burning crusade came out.
Played with many friends but never really ventured into raiding on a serious level due to other commitments in life and quite an unstable net connection. (did complete up to black temple in tbc, current highest point in wrath is cleared sarth 2 drakes on my old pally as well as half of Ulduar.)
Off and on have been in the process of leveling a new char with rl friend Grugni, Melkos and all of the many alts he commands.
So it was last week siting thinking about playing wow and developing my enjoyment of the game by breaking into the more dedicated side of the game that is raiding on the cutting edge. So picking up the druid on Friday and thanks to the new badge system and many sleepless nights and days managed to gear myself to a respectable level, (or at least what i consider to be decent considering the amount of effort dedicated to the cause)
Having trawled through many articles on Elitest Jerks and MMO Champion have managed to enchant and gem the best i can reaching hit cap and going over the soft cap for haste, whilst trying to keep spell power and crit as high as i can. (try not to laugh when looking at the link!)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Atalya
(quick note when i checked armory hadn't updated all my gear as just got it all finished about an hour ago.)

I'm sure by now your wondering if this will ever end and i apologise for the wall of text but wanted to give an outline of where i stand at the moment.
Would also like to point out that the account belonged to a good friend and i have taken it over in my name so didn't level this char to 80 but have geared it up myself. thought it best to add this to avoid any possible deception on my half.

So really what i am looking for is a place to call home, with friendly chat and an encouraging atmosphere to help me drive myself forward in the game for both myself and the guild.
Am applying for a social position with the intention to get into raiding once my gear reaches a suitable level, hope that will be soon and shall keep up the current work rate to get to this point asap.
I will be available to raid and play every night (currently a student and most will know how demanding that is lol)

So once again sorry for the wall of text, thanks for your time and good luck with future content and all the best for the new year, hope to possibly see some of you soon.

T.
Atalya

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Empty Re: Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted)

Post  Fanthom Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey thar.

Did you miss the application template or did you purposefully choose to write an application without it? (no, im not ironic)

If you missed it, go to the recruitment forum, and it should be stickied. Just copy paste the template, and fill out the questions

Best of luck
Fanthom
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Empty Application

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 am

yes i'm guilty,I did miss the template, had apologised to Ronan will be post a new app in this thread using the template for you all. (should have done the first time)

Sorry again.

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted) Empty Re: Druid application (Boomkin) (Accepted)

Post  Ronab Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 am

Theres no need to do that, I quite like how youve done it, just answer any questions youve missed in a reply and job done :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 am

Well its kinda an odd app as you have little raid exp and and as you didnt lvl the toon you may be a bit unfamilar with the class (not saying you are). Can you give us any indication of your approach to raids?

Also you mention you have been quite casual up until now (not necessarily by choice) plus you have an unstable net connection. how committed would you be to raiding 5 times a week and spending upwards of 20hrs a week plus playing wow? also have you sorted your net?

Certainly come across as friendly and looking for a guild for the right reasons, though you do know grug....will try not to hold that against you Twisted Evil

Definitely gonna have to bully nat to give your app the technical expert eye Very Happy

GL with the app.
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:54 am

So here we go attempt number 2.

General information

Characters name:Atalya
Class:Druid, Main spec Boomkin
Race:Nightelf ofc
Armory link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Atalya
UI screenshot:No exciting addons or changes using blizz ui atm.
Played Time on your character: 23days 2hrs
Profesion's and level of professions: Inscription 450 Enchanting 438 (both have been chosen for their buffs to gear shoulder enchant from inscription and ring enchant from enchanting)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes):

What other characters do you have?

On the account;
80 Hunter
80 Mage
80 Rogue
80 DK
70 Mage (Horde)
70 Shammy
70 Priest
70 Pally

Raid times and Experience:

Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Till any time happy to go well past 1am if ever needed)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Again till any time)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
On another char have cleared SSC, TK And up to Bloodboil in BT

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?
Have cleared up to Freya none on hard mode only been there once for a full raid though, apart from pugs to Razorscale or Flame Leviathan

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
Current gear is an attempt to get the best i can from badges to catch up asap. Currently working towards t9 gloves for the two set bonus, rest of the gear selected and gemmed to hit; hit cap and go over hast soft cap.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
Chosen to reach hit cap asap without taking too many gem sockets away so that i can still raise sp as much as possible. All of the enchants are best possible in slots gems will need review as gear gets upgraded.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Major;
Moonfire, Starfire and Insect Swarm (best glyphs for boomkin, to help it max dps)
Minor;
Wild, Thorns, Unburdened Rebirth (most helpful minor glyphs for raid/party)

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Not currently playing an off-spec as no complete gear set saving up as i go along as prio is getting some semblance of main spec gear.
Intend to spec feral (tank) Have played both war tank and pally tank in tbc and pally tank in wrath and miss having a tank. Am aware of how to play feral would just need to put theory into practice when the time comes (do have duel spec bought on char now also)

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to re-roll one?
Not needed as both are "crafting". But pretty much willing to change proffs at any time, these have been selected as i believe they where the best for me at this time.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
None to date on this char. Have been in Critters as a social on other chars in the past have irl friends in the guild)

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
Have changed my spec 4 times since Friday constantly trying to squeeze as much dps out of it as i can. Spec gives improved fairy for hit and reduced armor and insect swarm for reduced hit chance for mobs (but you already know all that)

What one thing would you change about your class if you could?
Would like the class to have something on a cool down to increase casting speed or spellpower (in before druid casts are fast enough)

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
With out sounding like a kiss ass i really don't think that you need anything adding other than good players for the slots your missing, and people who are going to be dedicated to going the extra mile to increase their performance in raids.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Provide me some stability, would be nice to do heroics and raids with regular people i get to know rather than a legion of pugs. also some comedy to break the monotony of wow sometimes and without sounding like a burden a little push in the right direction if there is anything that needs review both in my spec and enchants and the such

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Tarron, yes its unusual considering i'm English and i am male despite the name.
Currently living just outside Liverpool (don't worry its not my first choice either)
Currently reading for my second degree (didn't wast enough time doing the first)
No job atm full time student life is a job in itself.

lastly thanks again for reading and sorry i didn't do this the first time!

T.

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 am

Would just like to add did play boomkin in tbc so do have experience with the class its not all theory based.

Thanks for the input and the reply.

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimax Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 am

known tarron for 5 years or something awesome guy and you pve heroes would benefit alot from him!
Grimax
Grimax
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 am

Met him once while he was drunk, he didnt half like to talk alot! :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

Yea sorry was hammered by the time i got there so just didn't stop!

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Natulini Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Well.. I must admit I kinda laughed when I saw your gear, it's crap tbh:P and quite under the standard but oh well not up to me and it shouldn't be too much of problem to get you geared up if you are willing put in alot of effort in farming HCs for embleems. But from looking at your application, it looks ok not too long and lacking some raid exp from my view but I belive you can learn to play balance druid quite well quickly, atleast nice to see that you actually check the stuff to get the base theory about balance and perhaps a little more:P would also be nice with one to replace me once a while so I can get to play my offspec sometimes hehe:D

Good luck

Natulinì the fat spell-chicken Razz

Natulini
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for the reply, as you stated i realise that my gear is under par and am working to rectify the situation and i am spamming the heroics, in an endeavor to gear up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on gear that is a priority to grab if you can spare the time. Not looking to be a drain on resources already Razz

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:04 pm

i liked the app in the 1st post, he has his goals set out and has done some reaserch into his class and spec which alot of players cba imo, i would like to see him in a few of our raids.

as always Skill>Gear
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Shiatan, thanks a lot for the reply and comments appreciate the kind words Very Happy

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:33 pm

aye alright, we'll take you in as social at first, moving into a trial when the gears at the right level :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Atalya Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Woot, thanks man will log tomorrow when servers are back up.
and cheers every one see you soon.

Atalya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down