Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Ulduar 10 hard mode drake

+7
Aldrox
Subeam
Léonál
Beaker
Menkalina
Ronab
grassisgreen
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ulduar 10 hard mode drake - Page 2 Empty Re: Ulduar 10 hard mode drake

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 am

"It boils down to offering a service and getting paid for it...ie the way every business in the world works."

I dont understand... is Eternals a business?

Ok maybe lost was a bad example then lol Very Happy , but they sold-out offered something in BC, and you still remember it... that speaks volumes imo.

Look i really dont wanna split hairs on this, I like you guys..... but look, the rusted drake, is something I'll never get, and i accept that. I had the skills but not the guilds, and I just didnt clear the ulduar HMs when it mattered, between 3.1 and 3.3.. so i dont get the drake. Simple. If you think that the mount is just a mount, and has no more value then the choppa or the tundra mammoth then sure sell it.

I just dont think the guild, or anyone in it really needs to do this.

But I guess because i have just joined, and I couldnt be lower in the pecking order, its not really got sod-all to do with me, Very Happy
Its just my 2 copper.
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  grassisgreen Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 am

Menkalina wrote:but look, the rusted drake, is something I'll never get, and i accept that. I had the skills but not the guilds

Why not ask if u could come along for the ride then? would be down to eternals tho. idk if they would need the man power.

grassisgreen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 am

lmao I love how much of a storm some dude asking to get boosted in Ulduar is making,if you don't wanna do it don't...if you do..go for it..wtf does it matter Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 am

It matters, because I dont see the rusted drake as just a mount,

I see it as something that represents a player spending night after night, hour after hour, wipe after wipe, in an end-game rading guild since March in order to attain something,
The fact that 90% of players cant attain it, is the whole point.
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 am

grassisgreen wrote:
Menkalina wrote:but look, the rusted drake, is something I'll never get, and i accept that. I had the skills but not the guilds

Why not ask if u could come along for the ride then? would be down to eternals tho. idk if they would need the man power.

Ask if I can come along for a ride?.. thats the point dude, Eternals doesnt need me, so I wont be going... I dont want to ride anyones coat-tails to it.
I havent earned it.. dont you get that? I havent spent nearly enough time raiding ulduar to have earned it IMO, even tho I have raided it since March, I never had a serious enough attempt at all the HM's.

I can also give everyone 2k each to take me along.. but why would I want to?..

Last edited by Menkalina on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 am

I actually quite like this debate, so long as it stays civil, its setting president as to whether this is something we'd consider. Ill be asking the opinions of a few others in the coming days

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:30 am

Of course it'll stay civil, we are all just giving our opinions on the matter :-)

And hey... it gets the forum moving :-D... I was only space-barring in IF anyways Very Happy
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 am

At the end of the day it is only a mount, the same way wow gold is only wow gold. Some ppl join a raid guild and get that mount in 1 day of HM's....does that mean their mounts means less because they didn't wipe since march to get it? lol

I don't get the big deal,all he did was ask a favor...we don't have to say yes,he offered some gold as an incentive which is fair enough. It's got nothing to do with selling out santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 am

"Some ppl join a raid guild and get that mount in 1 day of HM's....does that mean their mounts means less because they didn't wipe since march to get it? lol"

Yes it does mean less.

Its like the "of the nightfall" title, means sod-all now cause you can zerg it in a well-geared enough PUG, it was near-enough impossible to do pre 3.1
In February if someone had "twilight vanquisher" or "of the nightfall" after their name, it was a big deal..... now it isnt,

But if the guild wants to boost guildies to the drake, thats really nice of them, I guess its a rewards for spending nights wiping on the latest teir of content. Selling it is a step too far IMHO
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:42 am

Menkalina wrote:

Its like the "of the nightfall" title, means sod-all now cause you can zerg it in a well-geared enough PUG, it was near-enough impossible to do pre 3.1

Proud owner of the plagued proto drake \o/

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 am

Wow... thats imba man..
Wasnt that all the top achievments from the lich king content? the undying, twilight zone, etc
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 am

Menkalina wrote:Of course it'll stay civil, we are all just giving our opinions on the matter :-)

And hey... it gets the forum moving :-D... I was only space-barring in IF anyways Very Happy

You should post in the members access part, forums are more lively on the inside :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 am

Lol.. i thought this was it....... @doh@

Do I need permissions added to see them or?
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:06 am

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 am

Menkalina wrote:Yes it does mean less.

You have to remember that's a relevant opinion and not actually fact,you may think it means less,but I'm pretty sure if Green got this mount he would use it and enjoy it just as much as anyone else...maybe more than someone that's spent months wiping to get it. He may have been sitting there thinking "shit,i'm never gona get this mount!" then thought to himself "fuck it,i'll just chance my arm and ask the best guild on GL(EU) if they can help me out".

The worth of something is determined by the person to whom it belongs,not the person who thinks that you need to follow particular rules to get it Wink

We obviously just differ in opinion,which is a good thing Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:30 am

I guess you can compare it to women,

Paying a beautiful woman to sleep with you as opposed to a beautiful woman wanting to sleep with you...

We'd both enjoy "the mount", its the same "mount" in fact, but the rules of obtaining it are different, and one might value one way over another.
But i guess if its impossible for you to obtain a "ride" such as that on your own, why not pay for it Laughing, but some would feel the quality of the "mount" is diminished every time is payed for.

Ill get my coat. Laughing
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:42 am

IF its the same mount, i wouldnt consider it any better that the hooker infact wants to sleep with me :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 am

LoL :p, well ok its not EXCACTLY the same mount, but a mount nonetheless,

Well yknow how it is, the traditional method of obtaining a quality mount, is a few nights of wiping Laughing
Not to mention the cost of gear and consumables Very Happy

I guess just paying for it is the same end, but a different means.

And in some cases the paid for mount is even better then one of the ones you have to grind for ages..... ok.. thats taking it to another level Laughing
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 am

I guess I disagree with your stance that only people with skill and the right guild should have things like this.
because, lets be honest, when going for something like this the guild you are in is more important than your skill. You could be the best player in game but if you can't get 9 other people to help out then your boned.

(lot's of guildies got their mount in one or two runs becuase they got "boosted" through content....yes they did their jobs and helped get the kills, but they didnt take part in the weeks of wiping that others did).

There are plenty of players out there who are capable of getting this mount but for numerous reasons they dont:

- casual play time
- they love their guild and won't leave, but the guild can't raid for shit.
- they want a better guild but can't get a spot in a guild that does things like this as they dont meet requirements or the guild is full (which; let's face it on a server like ghostlands is a real possibility)
- etc

I suppose my point is i wouldnt mind boosting people through this so to say...as long as they pull their weight. Give them a shot and if they die in FL, stand in fire on razorscale, then say buh bye!

Comparing a mount in a computer to game to a hooker was a bit of a stretch btw, but well done Very Happy

And btw, menk if you want the mount put a raid up on raidar...plenty of guildies would help. i still need, algalon plus theres loot on vezax and thorim that would be an upgrade for me.
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 am

lol comparing a prostitute with a mount in wow is a bit off target but I do get yur metaphor

I do have to point out that thats a very resolute opinion from someone that doesn't own one,you do realise you could go with them and get yours..and earn 2k in the process.

maybe you wouldnt feel so strongly about it after that Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Menkalina Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:13 am

Or on the other hand, maybe cause I dont have it, thats why I think of it as something special /shrug.

But end of the day, i really cant tout a service to boost content i havent yet cleared, i'd still be the boostee not the booster.. Smile
And as I've just started, i'd never presume to ask for people to help me get the drake, prolly wouldnt even if i'd known you guys ages. There will be other achievements to earn.

This is the thing, I have been in the situation, like you metioned Beaker,
I could have done it myself, as could have a handful of peeps in my old guild, but didnt have enough players that could do it, so boned.

Ask Killy, he knows what it was like, i only just started when he left, but he and my bro, and a handful of others litterally carried a dozen medeocre players through like a hundred wipes to get sarth 3d down. But he is so much better off that he left, cause he would have only been frustrated with the guilds progress in ulduar.

I stayed on for my brother, but that was my choice, and as a result.. we wrote off the highest achievements in the game, knowing they would never be obtainable.
I feel sick climbing the steps to thorim25 now, cause i have died like 60 times there litterally. We re-rolled horde and then with ToC gear we got him down. You guys do it like its nexus heroic.

When we saw Godless or Carpe Noctem (top guilds on lightbringer), sitting on Ironbound protodrakes after a couple months in uldaur.. we were all like WooooooW.. when we think how hard it was for us,

I guess thats why its elevated to me.

Like I say, there will be other achievements to earn, ICC is coming out, I'm in a top guild, and I might be in a position to actually help out, learn the content with you, wipe with you, then i'll feel i had earned whatever titles, mounts, loot, etc will come from there.
Menkalina
Menkalina

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:36 am

Menka,I'd say you should just swallow your pride and go for it...everyone was good enough to boost me in Uld 25 for the Iron-Bound. I'd certainly be more than willing to sign up for some 10 man runs aswell,still need a few of the HM's and 1 thing from Thorim..which I'll have to wait in the que for but it's always worth going Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:40 am

Ill help if needed.. dont have the drake as well so maybe with a few more of us that dont haveit, it isent that much of a boost?
Stylesz
Stylesz

http://www.tagged.com/kimmels

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 am

Me - I'd never ever pay anyone anything to get boosted. We all used to think Lost were poor giving bear runs - even Ronab said thats the reason he didn't get one - for me its kind of lame - its a quick fix for someone after most people send countless hours grinding to get even a look at end bosses.

Now then if its a guild member who wants help getting whatever thats different AND if people still need loot from Uld HM thats different too.

But to sell runs to anyone who wants drake A or drake B demeans the guild and the members who put their lives on hold grinding the fucking place into the dirt for months & months and months and who STILL haven't got drakes, loot A, loot B etc

If people want to whore themselves for 2k go ahead but it makes me a sadpanda tbh.

My piece said Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 am

Well how about we boost the guy out of the kindness of our own hearts? seems like some folk still want to run 10 man ulduar HMs, why not let him tag along?
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next