Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted)

5 posters

Go down

Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Empty Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted)

Post  Oyrton Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:56 am

Lately I've been talking to Christilus (and others) about not in a guild, and he's encouraged me to write an application to Eternals. I've played with some of the Eternals members as well, and I know the guild a bit through TBC. It has always seemed like a bunch of guys having fun, and off course people striving forwards.
Because I've now also read on the forums you're taking socials into consideration I've decided to write this application.

Characters name: Oyrton
Class: Priest
Race: Dreanei
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Oyrton
UI screenshot: http://members.chello.nl/m.goor2/WoWScrnShot_111209_223800.jpg
Played Time on your character: Approx 20 days, about 6-7 days on level 80.
Profesions and level of professions: Herbalism and Alchemy (both 450)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Very stable, between 50 and 100 ms.

What other characters do you have?
I started playing about 2 years ago when TBC started, my main character was a Warlock then (70 days played). At the end of TBC I leveled an alt Paladin which became my main from the start of WotLK (30 days played). Both are leveled to 80.

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)

Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes/No
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No (till late)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No (till late)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes/No

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
Endless wipe-fests in Karazhan back in the day affraid
I've seen pretty much all content, but if I remember correctly it was up to SSC/MH before lol-patch in TBC. Since I started playing in early TBC I haven't properly raided vanilla content. Still liking to go back and do some of the old stuff occasionally.

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?
I've only been into Ulduar once with a PUG, which was ongoing. We did Deconstructor and people started leaving again so raid was dispanded. Gotta love 'em PUG's...

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
Basically I'm running with the best gear I have managed to get from heroic/triumph badges (I still call em badges instead of eblems, sigh...) and VoA/Ony. This means I have the 2 set of Tier9 which has a very nice bonus for discos, 2 set of Tier8 and a weapon from Ony.
The rest of the gear is all based upon a good mana pool, combined with spellpower and critical strike. Critical heals will proc Divine Aegis and thus absorb damage, and the amount of spellpower defines the amount of damage absorbed by DA and Power Word: Shield. Off course it's helping to get up the throughput of pure healing as well.
I've come to a point where I'm looking a bit more at haste as well to balance my throughput and damage mitigation.
I know my boots for example have hit on them, I just haven't been able to come accross an upgrade yet. My trinkets aren't brilliant either...

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
I've pretty much gemmed for intellect and spellpower. Intellect to increase my mana pool and spellpower for the obvious reasons.
A big mana pool helps loads on a Disco, since most of our mana restoration is based upon a % of max displayed mana. Abilities like Rupture, Replenishment and Shadowfiend are all based on this, thus having more mana means restoring more mana...Spirit is so 2008 (at least for discos that is Wink)

What glyphs are you using and why?
Glyph of PWS: Instant heal when casting PWS, and chance to crit, thus trigger Divine Aegis. Instant heals rock.
Glyph of Penance: Anything that reduces the cast time of Penance is a win.
Glyph of Flash: Reduces mana cost. Basically a Disco is using PoM, PWS and Penance as main abilities. But they all have CD's, so the time in between I use to either dispell, or cast Flash Heal. I choose flash heal over greater heal, since there can be 2 flash heals squeezed into 1 greater heal casting time wise. Also it's twice the chance to proc Divine Aegis, thus absorbing damage.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
I'm duel specced disc, for Pve and PvP that is. I haven't got the gear for a shadow set, only have 4 or 5 pieces. I've leveled all the way to 65 beeing shadow priest (hence the 'Dreanei), but as soon as I went disc I've never looked back. I think Disc in PvE is even a bit more rare then Shadow, which I like Smile

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
Apart from the Alchemy (450) I have on this character, I also have my Warlock which has 410+ enchanting and 430+ tailoring, and also 400+ cooking (and fishing yey). My Paladin is 450 Mining, 450 Jewelcrafting. Basically I've done it this way so I've got my own small economy. I can gem and enchant all my chars and I can make flasks/pots and my own food if needed.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Basically I came into Mercians in TBC, invited by Christilus (Drayk back in the day) and his brother, it's also where I met Berg. I've been in that guild until WotLK/Naxxramas, then things started to change. I don't want to go into much detail, but it was then when I needed a break from it all and abrubtly left the guild and all my WoW-friends behind. If you require any explanation regarding the 'abrubtly' feel free to give me an in-game whisper Smile
Anyway I quite WoW for a few months, then I transferred my paladin back and forth a bit (playing with RL friends on other server), but ended up on Ghostlands again and leveled my priest...Ever since I have not tried to get into a guild.

Oyrton is in a guild called Disco Biscuits right now, which is my alt/banker guild...

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
I feel a Discipline priest's strength is a combination of damage prevention, as well as healing abilities. Allthough the pure healing throughput will never be as much as other (equally geared) healing classes, it's the damage mitigation which makes us stand out. By using an addon to Recount, called Guessed Absorbs, I've managed to track my absorbs a bit better. Lately I've noticed my absorbtion amount is roughly 50%-60% of my healed amount.
Discos have good ways of preventing damage, and are therefor either very good for tank healing (esp. with a pure healing class like Paladin), but also very usefull for fights with a lot of AoE raid dmg.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
I love the class as it is right now. We have quite a lot of utilities and can basically suite every healing role. Off course more Penance = win, so I definately wouldn't mind a removel of CD on that, but it would make us slightly OP I guess.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
I'm always up for a laugh, I'm reliable when it comes to sign up/show up, I'm always willing to help guildies, I don't run away when things get bad (well when it gets really really bad I do), and last but not least I'm honest and after fair play.
Besides I think we're not seeing enough discos in Pve, which can be a true addition to any raiding team imho.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Because I've been playing WoW solo for quite some, it will be a pleasure alone to see these green lines of chit-chat showing up in chat again Smile
I think Eternals can add more fun in WoW for me, whether that is true raiding, old content, PvP, ventrilo, jokes or whatever. Off course I care about progression too, I can't deny this...that's what the purpose of this game is all about.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Name: Koen (pronounce: Coon, and I know what that means...)
Place: Amsterdam. Heaven for most UK tourists who I have come accross here Very Happy
Interests/Hobbies: I'm very much into producing music, since house music has always been my passion. It comes and goes in the amount of time, but I'm either producing house music (techno) or playing WoW.
Job: I'm a software developer (well, in training that is). So ICT.

Additional information which you would like to name?
As my lead in might have suggested I've been more of a casual player lately, coming on and going off at times/days I prefer (off usually around 22.00/23.00 game time). This also depends on work and other RL stuff. Therefor I rather apply as social player then a raider people will rely on every night. It means I'm not always logging every night during the week, an average of 3-4. Off course I'm more then happy to be some sort of back up, in case the raid team's short on healers. When I do sign up for raids, you can trust on this and I'll be there. I tend to play quite a lot in the weekends, although I know Eternals mostly run their 25's during the week.
I also like to PvP quite a bit (I'm good at failing in Arena with Chrisilus his rogue), do the occasional Wintergrasp, or running old content. Just wanted to be honest about my self called casualness Smile

Edit: I forgot to add, most of my Disco wisdom is coming from forums and other sources on the internet, combined with trial and error in game. Just trying to say I'm not afraid to learn, lookup bossfights on the net, and log in prepared.

Thanks for taking the time to read/discuss this application Smile

Last edited by Oyrton on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oyrton

Back to top Go down

Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Empty Re: Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted)

Post  Subeam Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:19 am

There's people putting less effort in a regular app. Surprised
Good luck ^^
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted) Empty Re: Oyrton - Pve & PvP Discipline Priest (Accepted)

Post  Christilus Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Brilliant guy
good luck dude! cheers

Christilus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:40 pm

When people put this much effort in to getting in the guild as a social it's a very positive thing. We will let you in as a social because you play a valued spec.

Regards, Tightbum...I mean briefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldrox Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Very nice application m8. Welcome.

Aldrox
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down