Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Vote_lcap60%'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Vote_lcap40%'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%.

4 posters

Go down

'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Empty 'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%.

Post  Ronab Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Taken from the Wow-eu forums. Source http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=6986633026&sid=1

"So I was checking back on my recount & WWS reports of the last 2 weeks and turned out that with 8.14% hit (267 hit rating) and no other hit chance increasing buffs, I wasn't missing... at all! Questioning the familiar 9% Two-Handed hit chance penalty, I tested some more with 7.54% hit (248 hit rating) in PvE this week.

My findings from PvE:
1. 8.14% additional chance to hit, with 4612 weapon swings (267 hit rating) - Left me with 0% of all my melee attacks missed.
2. 7.54% additional chance to hit, with 3887 weapon swings (248 hit rating) - Left me with 0% of all my melee attacks missed.

Assuming that Heroic Training Dummies (found in major cities) would affect my hit chance & chance to be dodged/parried in the same manner as a boss would, I started taking swings at them.
3. 7.62% chance (250 hit rating) and ~2200 weapon swings left me with 0% miss
4. 7.16% chance (235 hit rating) and ~2400 weapon swings left me with 0% miss
5. 6.07% chance (199 hit rating) and ~2100 weapon swings left me with 0% miss
6. 5.67% chance (186 hit rating) and ~3000 weapon swings left me with 0.4% miss

EUREKA! I MISSED HOLY CRAP IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO ACTUALLY MISS 3 STORY HIGH MOBS! I had a total of 11 missed attacks over 3076 uninterupted attacks. The chance therefor would be 5.67% + 0.356%

So I tried to get as close as i could to the 'supposed' hit cap & tried with 5.98%, ie 196 hit rating. Results over 10.616 attacks (auto-attack AFK ftw) were 10.613 combined Hits, Glances, Crits, Dodged & Parried attacks and a sweet 3 missed attacks.
7. 5.9776% chance (196 hit rating) and ~10.000 weapon swings left me with 0.0283% miss

IE: 3 / 10616 attacks missed with an increased hit chance of 5.98%
3 / 10616 = 0.028%
5.9776 + 0.0283 = 6.0059% increased chance to hit would supposedly be the hit cap.
IE: 6.01% would make your weapon strike as true as possible, which in turn would be 197 hit rating. (6.00811%)

To back this statement up I requested the following information from a GM, which after changing the question numerous times so it wouldn't concern "gameplay questions. we like for players to find these things out on their own" was as follows:
"Do Boss level mobs & Heroic training dummies (found in major cities) affect the odds of getting hit & dodging or parrying in the exact, similair way?"
To which the GM answered: "Yes, they do."

So let's put the 'facts' together.
- 5.98% chance to hit leaves me with 0.02% chance to miss
- 6.07% chance to hit leaves me with 0% chance to miss
- GM confirms that a Heroic Training dummy would require the same amount of additional chance to hit as a boss would.
- Over 28.000 test swings have been done to get as close as possible in a matter of 24hrs

Trusting this GM isn't my issue, but GM's have let me down often enough for me to leave a reasonable amount of doubt. So I'm gonna test my 197 hit rating over the course of the next week (in PvE) and report back to you in a direct reply to this topic <see next message>, which i'll reserve.

I would like to hear about your findings on this specific matter: The additional chance required to avoid missing your melee attacks is now 6% or 197 hit rating.

If curiousity killed the cat... I'd better watch out =S

Cheers,
- Storm

edit; to clearify, 0% miss doesn't mean "close to 0%"! When i say 0% of X attacks missed, I mean that not a single attack missed!

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Empty Re: 'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%.

Post  Reese Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 am

Thats it. Go ahead and post it on the official forums.

I smell an incoming fix.

Reese
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%. Empty Re: 'Ghost hit' from the old Precision talent, lowering ret hitcap to 6%.

Post  Shiatan Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:28 am

Ghosthit is being hotfixed in same patch as single target taunt for pallys Sad

edit:
Reported by many classes, but ret paladins were the first to see this happening. We seem to only need 6% hit to never miss a melee swing or strike, but we still seem to need the full 9% hit to not miss judgements (as they are ranged attacks).
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonesy Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:48 am

It's well worth testing this yourself if you haven't already. I did a couple of evening's swings on the test dummies and concluded that I have a miss chance of between 4.8% and 5.2% with 95% confidence. This is for white swings and also judgements. (The confidence interval for white swings is much narrower.)

As a side-note, it has nothing to do with Precision as I had 1 point in precision when the patch happened. It's also worth pointing out that it's been concluded[1] that the physical hit cap is 1% lower than it was in TBC: 8% vs. 9% for 1H/2H and 27% rather than 28% for DW.

[1] http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t37856-melee_hit_cap_really_9_a/

Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiatan Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 am

ghost hit also does'nt effect hit for judgements so 9% is still required for them
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonesy Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:08 am

That's what I'm posting to contradict - *my* hit cap for judgements is between 4.8 and 5.2% with a 95% confidence. I understand that's not the case for some other paladins, but it is for me. That's why I suggested that everyone verify it for themselves.

Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down