Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Quitting time, homies EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Quitting time, homies EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Quitting time, homies EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Quitting time, homies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Quitting time, homies EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Quitting time, homies EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Quitting time, homies EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Quitting time, homies EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Quitting time, homies EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Quitting time, homies Vote_lcap60%Quitting time, homies Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Quitting time, homies Vote_lcap40%Quitting time, homies Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Quitting time, homies

+5
Ronab
Mekia
Jantimir
Felhaya
Torruco
9 posters

Go down

Quitting time, homies Empty Quitting time, homies

Post  Torruco Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 am

I've come to the point that WoW has nothing new to offer anymore, which actually has been the fact since wotlk came out...can't keep fooling myself with the recycled "new" content anymore...time for something new Smile Dunno what yet Smile

U've all been great, had lots of good times with most of you guys, so that's one thing I'm gonna miss about WoW...u guys Smile

I wish u all the best and just continue the uberness Wink

ps: Bring Rigs back as leader Very Happy j/k :p
Torruco
Torruco
Eternals Member

Location : Land of Chocolate, waffles, dutchy-kickers etc...heaven?

http://www.tiava.com

Back to top Go down

Quitting time, homies Empty Re: Quitting time, homies

Post  Felhaya Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am

cya

http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/

<3
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jantimir Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 am

shy, u gonna play aion?
Jantimir
Jantimir
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 am

yup, the RL friends who I started WoW with 4 years ago pre-ordered it.

Asmodian Assassin inc.. or perhaps a cleric Razz

looks kind of FF-ish, which is great, no retarded artwork like the boring tier-sets being developped by Blizzard all the frigging time Rolling Eyes

and at least developpers actually listen to what the community has to say... Very Happy
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekia Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 pm

FFXIV gogo!

Mekia
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm

@ torr. Who are you?
@ fel. You can find anything to cry about, now its teir sets
@ mekia. how do you still have forum access lol :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Ronab wrote:@ fel. You can find anything to cry about, now its teir sets

and anything I *cry* about is completely justified, am I not right? now I'm talking about tier sets (which most people have been doing ever since WOTLK, but I didn't care and thought it would get better, and if you look at Aion it's amghotgfx), since the content is boring and repetitive (hardmodes, deep!), and even a football game between brazil and san marino is more balanced than pvp.

why have you been acting like such a tard towards me lately? ;-x

but have fun in season 7 lal

Quitting time, homies Season7_deathknight

IT'S SUPER STORM TROOPER KNIGHT
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

yes, everything you say is always completely justified, if you hate wow so much just stop playing, rather than tellign everyone how much you hate it, all the time

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

I did justify it in my last post, and I did quit. bro. well I log in every now and then to have a chat with some people right now, since my game-time hasn't expired yet... :E

all I did was replying to Torruco's post when he said "time for something new, but dunno what yet" by saying there is a game to be released that looks totally awesome in every meaning of the word. it looks completely epic, and I have the feeling about playing it as when I played Vanilla WoW, unlike Age of Conan and Warhammer Online. nothing else, but you decided to bash me.
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Aeon looks exactly like wow but with you fight on your flying mount, every single class there can be compared to a wow class, even the lore around the planet 'one united land split in two by a great sundering, leaving a maelstrom in the middle' is exactly the same as wow. Sure the graphics look great but graphics themselfs dont make a game, and the same will happen when the designers run out of new stuff to make the armor look like :p

Warrior: 'Gladiators live and die by the sword. They are skilled a variety of weapons and can master a mixture of fighting techniques tailored to the characteristics of their weapons.'

Prot Paladin: 'Templars act as guardians, defending with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. Templars can use a chant or incantation to protect and heal themselves and allies, but they serve most often as front line fighters.'

Mage: 'Sorcerers follow the path of magic, mastering the elements of water, fire, air, earth, and, their most powerful ally, Aether. A Sorcerer's talents are many, and they have single-handedly turned the tide of battle.'

Warlock:'Spiritmasters use the power of the spirits to strike fear in the enemy's heart, and they can summon pets to turn the tide in combat. By all accounts, the path of the Spiritmaster is one of the more testing paths to master.'

Hunter: 'Rangers are expert archers. They are inherently skilled with bows. They can also use melee weapons such as swords and daggers. They are adept at observing their surroundings and optimizing their tactics for terrain. They can survive in the harshest of environments.'

Rogues: 'Assassins are expert in silent movement and quick termination of a given target. Assassins are valued and respected for their deadly skills and stealthy nature. They can cripple an opponent with damage with little warning.'

Holy Paladin: 'Clerics follow the path of healing, using the power of magic to strengthen allies and heal their wounds. They can resurrect their allies. They are formidable opponents in melee when using a mace and a shield.'

Disc Priest: 'Chanters manifest their duty and faith outward to others, infusing it into their allies. Though they can heal and use a staff in battle, their primary ability is to instill their fierce discipline into their allies. Chanters use mantras to strengthen allies and raise their morale. Their mantras can grow powerful enough to affect the outcome of an entire battle'

All quotes from thier website :p Its just gonna be same shit different names. If youre expecting balance im not so sure, the classes will all have the rock papper scissors effect like in wow, its simply unavoiable (at least the sledgehammer aka deathknight isnt there though). As for the 'pvpve' theyre talking about, sounds like Alterac Valley to me :<
Oh and from the gameplay vids ive seen, people just wotlk each other anyway, assasin opens on sorceror, sorceror uses something that looks suspiciously like blink, assassin uses something that looks suspiciously like shadowstep, then sorceror gets globalled :p

Sorry for derailing your thread tortor, and take care!

Last edited by Ronab on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm

about the gear: that's for the players to find out, but at least it's a fresh start Razz

about the class-system: orcs, dwarves and elves were taken from LOTR as well, but yeh, there will always be some resemblances idd, much like in every fantasy-MMO... I read "underground-MMO"-players everyday saying WoW stole loads of great ideas from other games to optimise itself Very Happy

didn't take the time to get into the Aion-lore yet, but the gameplay (not just gfx) looks appealing, that's most important to me Very Happy

For all I care HeroA sucked HeroB's cock which turned him corrupt so you have to stop him from destroying your testicles Very Happy
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:26 pm

read up, massive edit as you posted :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:54 am

tbh, when I finally quit wow there's no chance in hell I'm starting another MMO, life's too short Smile

Anyways, all the best torr.

edit: oh yeh where did you go mekia?
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 am

Ronab wrote:read up, massive edit as you posted :p

well, tbh that doesn't really disturb me, the wow-classes are absolutely awesome, there's no denying that... but at least there is no hero juggernaut class Razz

that's why I'm playing an assassin Very Happy
if you start it all differently from the start it might actually be balanced in some way (since Aion is mostly PvP from what I've read and heard from translated Korean reviews)... with rogues it's impossible since they had sap/cheap shot/kidney shot from the start, if you remove any of those you basically destroy a class, so you have to make it different from the start Razz
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Torruco Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am

wow, I was just looking for a "ok, bye m8, gl"...but seems I've unleashed a sissywar...I'll prolly try aion, just coz it looks cool...

And btw, Ronab, ur acting like WoW is the first mmo that uses these classes/formula. News Flash, Blizzard nicked alot from other games too, only diff between wow and other mmo's is that blizzard managed to take all these elements from other games and their own lore and molded into a success...so stop ur bitchfit towards fel, coz he's completely right...

Blizzard even said that Wow isn't their priority anymore and that the B-team of programmers/designers has been put on that project, so the "A-team" can focus on the future.
Torruco
Torruco
Eternals Member

Location : Land of Chocolate, waffles, dutchy-kickers etc...heaven?

http://www.tiava.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:22 am

Torruco wrote:seems I've unleashed a sissywar

a bakkes !

Very Happy

Torruco wrote:Blizzard even said that Wow isn't their priority anymore and that the B-team of programmers/designers has been put on that project, so the "A-team" can focus on the future.

Hence why Ghostcrawler took the wheel instead of Kalgan (Chilton), everyone from that A-team (lol) is on Diablo 3 ^^
Felhaya
Felhaya
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 am

Torruco wrote:wow, I was just looking for a "ok, bye m8, gl"...but seems I've unleashed a sissywar...I'll prolly try aion, just coz it looks cool...

And btw, Ronab, ur acting like WoW is the first mmo that uses these classes/formula. News Flash, Blizzard nicked alot from other games too, only diff between wow and other mmo's is that blizzard managed to take all these elements from other games and their own lore and molded into a success...so stop ur bitchfit towards fel, coz he's completely right...

Blizzard even said that Wow isn't their priority anymore and that the B-team of programmers/designers has been put on that project, so the "A-team" can focus on the future.

lolno

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Hykos Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 am

I'm gonna do something bizarre here (compared to rest of thread!) and just say TorTor, have a great life buddy. Your outwardly disgraceful offensive French nature always made me laugh!

Good luck fella.
Hykos
Hykos
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Bye mate. Have fun IRL Smile
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member