Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted)

+4
Ronab
Impman
Desulól
Eneonidas
8 posters

Go down

Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Empty Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted)

Post  Eneonidas Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:10 pm

General information:

Characters name: Eneonidas
Class: Warlock
Race: Gnome
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&n=Eneonidas
UI screenshot: https://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/Eneonidas/?action=view&current=WowUI.jpg
Played Time on your character: 98 days 43 as level 80
Professions and level of professions: 450 enchanting – 450 Jewel crafting
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): 50mb virgin media around 150-200ms

What other characters do you have? Nothing really relevant, level 80 druid but quite poorly geared and rarely ever played

Raid times and Experience:
We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No, most of the time I should be able too but RL does come up quite a bit on this day, but ill know well in advance when I’m going out
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No , most of the time I should be able too but RL does come up quite a bit on this day, but ill know well in advance when I’m going out
Sunday 19:30-23:00 – Yes ( I work on this day so I may be slightly late due to traffic but this is very rarely)
WotLK experience:
25man Ulduar: 13/14 medium modes such as 2 tower leviathan, i choose you runemaster molgeim.
10man Ulduar: 13/14 hard modes Thorim, Hodir, XT, 2 guardians freya, 2 tower Leviathan, wipes on mimiron, no attempts on other hard modes.

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
TK - Cleared
SSC - Cleared
MH - Cleared
BT - Cleared
SW 1/6 (the rest after the epic nerf)
Naxx - Cleared
EoE – Cleared
Sarth 3d – Cleared

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future.
My current gear is based around always getting 4% hit from raids however if this is not the case I have both hit trinkets. My gear is basically based around gearing for haste and gemming for SP as the crit from gear + crit buffs from raids are sufficient enough to never have to gear for it. The improvements I would like to get my hands on would be the:
Scale of fates from thorium
Weapon from either 10man hard mode mimiron Fusion blade or 25 man hard mode hodir, Staff of endless winter
Cowl of dark whispers 25man Yogg
Sceptor of lost souls 25man vezax
Leggings of the enslaved idol from freya 25man hard mode
To name just a few.

Comment on how you’ve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants. Pure SP for most gem slots and purified twilight opals on gear where I feel the gem bonus is worth acquiring. As for enchanting I will always have the best possible enchants on my character.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Demo/ Deep Destro: Immolate, incinerate, conflag. There is debate about the LT glyph being better then incinerate as with all the movement in ulduar fights, popping LT while on the move would yield a bigger dps increase but I think the difference is too marginal and too situational for me to really believe the increase would be of any significance.
Deep Demo/ Destro: Felguard, immolate, LT. Not really much reason to state why as the reasoning is quite obvious.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs? Can play any spec the lock class has to offer and if I can’t I will be on the training dummy for hours until I can. I have not actually said what spec I’m applying as but if you are in need of a deep demo lock this would be my preference as the play style is allot more interesting. However ill play whatever ever spec is needed.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one? Even thou not required I will likely be changing jc to tailoring when I have the gold to be able to level it to max in a day as it is way to OP not to have as a caster and I’m quite sure the proc affects demonic pact.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Wtflux (Tarren Mill): up to 8/9 in BT. Disbanded once summer hit
Elite order (Tarren Mill) 1/6 Sunwell – current Wotlk experience: guild I am in at the moment. Even though I’ve got allot of love for this guild I feel they don’t really have the same goals as I have for what I want to get out of the game. I want to go in a raid knowing were going to be trying all the hard content that is available until it is down.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others? In comparison to other casters it has to be the survivability we are able to acquire, for my deep destro spec I choose to have one point in soul link over 1 more point backlash, even though this means 1% less dps having the effective health pool of a well geared tank eases some of the stress off the healer with all the raid damage ulduar has. The point in shadowfury is debateable though, I personally feel the talent is worth picking up if you’re speccing that far into destruction but wouldn’t have any issue putting the point into backlash. Also of course pushing out some really nice dps.
In the case of deep demo it allows for a much better SP buff then a shammy as it scales with gear (tbh i can see it being nerfed once we hit icecrown gear). However this is dependent on a retri pala being in the raid to provide the 3% crit as the shammy would not need to drop ToW anymore.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could? Going back to pre 3.1 affliction, this was the spec I think any good lock was waiting for after having to deal with SB spam for nearly the entire duration of tbc. A lock can only dream lol. Obviously that is never going to happen so it would be combining the bloody ranged talents and putting them into tier 1-2 destro, I mean are blizzard stupid how can they have not noticed that 99% of locks consider grim reach a dead talent.

What do you think you can add to Eternals? What you would get from me is a hard working player who will farm whatever is required to improve my dps. I’m also one of them players that enjoys the wiping nearly as much as actually getting the first kill (My personal opinion is that the reason there a less nerd screams on vent these days is cause there isn’t enough wiping anymore).

What do you think Eternals can do for you? After being in a very casual guild for the past year, only having a raiding requirement of 2 out of 3 raids I’m looking for a more stable and hardcore environment and hopefully a place that I can call my second home. Also just in case there are any worries my first guild wtflux raided 5 days a week and I easily maintained a 90% attendance.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Name : Jack Bun
Studying: currently on summer holidays, in September I will starting my 3rd year of accounting and finance (yes the subject is a boring as it sounds)
Job: Peacocks (just on Sundays pays for wow + pizza)
Interests: Dunno if there are any Londoners in the guild but I’m nearly always at every true playaz night at fabric. If any1 one is ever in London cant recommend this club enough. Also trying to get the “nothing special” achievement in L4D, one of my friends was nearly on the verge of tears when he got hit on the last level of blood harvest.
My family know that I play this game to much but they’ve all just gotten use to it now.
Additional information which you would like to name? As its summer RL may conflict a bit more with my raiding time then it should but this is only rarely. Furthermore I do have 1 exam retake coming up and am learning to drive, neither should affect my raiding times but I thought I should let you know just in case they do.
Deep destro/ Demo rotations: immolate, conflagulate,CoD, chaos bolt incinerate spam
Deep demo/ destro rotation: Demonic empowerment, meta, CoD,immolate, corruption, SB spam. Dropping a portal at a minimum of 25 + yards from boss so that I can easily position for a 1:1 soulfire weaving as 35%.

These rotations are with assumption that some1 else is providing the 13% debuff.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Jack on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted) Empty Re: Eneonidas - Warlock (Accepted)

Post  Desulól Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Good luck with your app m8, looks really good. Every question answered thoroughly.

Should get an answer by tomorrow Smile
(dont worry to much about friday/sat they're mostly offdays/10man hardmodes by now)
Desulól
Desulól
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Impman Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Agree with desu, this was a nice app.

Also:
What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could? Going back to pre 3.1 affliction, this was the spec I think any good lock was waiting for after having to deal with SB spam for nearly the entire duration of tbc. A lock can only dream lol.

Totally agrree :p those were the good times.

now to the app. Couldnt really find and major faulties here, though i dont really agree with having shadowfury in a PvE destro build, Could you explain why and give some examples in where it can be used to help the raid or yourself?

And would also like to ask you about prioritations in a fight, for example; both Conflag and Chaosb is off cooldown, which one do you cast first? And; immolate is about to drop but youve got Chaosb off cd, do you refresh immo first or do you cast chaosbolt because its off cd?

/Imp
Impman
Impman
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:42 pm

I can think of many times i wished as a tank i had an aoe stun :p
Seems more of a trash utility thing though, which shouldnt be in a boss dps spec imo
Your chars name though, how did you come up with that one? :p

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Eneonidas Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:03 pm

example of where i used shadowfury would be medium mode iron council and although i have not done freya with 3 adds i have had several attempts and im quite sure the healers appreciated the aoe stun on the adds as it gave them time to top up the raid. However like i said i have no issue with dropping it.

conflag first as if it crits chaos bolt would hit for more due to pyroclasm

hmm im assuming you mean immo is going to drop off while chaos bolt is in mid flight, i would refresh immo so that it hits for 15% more.

lol the name i had jus watched 300, an me an my mates decided to start up wow, there was mercerilous, eneonidas,susceliteas(enemy,mercenary,suspect are counter strike names, yeh we were that lame lol) just to name a few. all my mates were some how immune to the addictiveness of wow thou :S.

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Impman Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 pm

Good thinking bout the immo/chaosbolt, but have you ever thought of that if you Chaosbolt first and then conflag you get an extra incinerate with the haste form backdraft?

That is according to my experiences and theorycrafting ive read a bigger DPS increase, As the chaosbolt have already got a pretty fast cast-time the incinerates will benefit more from backdraft.
Impman
Impman
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Eneonidas Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:21 am

im intrigued tbh anychance you could link the theory behind it? from jus doin the maths in my head from base cast times with talents would be (cant check my casts time atm as cant sign into wow)

CB - base cast time 2secs, 1.4 with back draft - 0.6 seconds difference
Incinerate - base cast 2.25secs, 1.575 - 0.675 seconds difference
(maths might be a bit wrong its early)

were talkin a 0.075 second faster cast on incinerate vs. chaos bolt hitting for 6% more.

even though pyroclasm isnt always garanteed were talking probably a 75% uptime in raids, im well sure it would give a higher dps return.

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:25 am

Nice App... But you've made me sad thinking about affli pre 3.1. Happy days. Gl with the app. Jackstones anyone?
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 am

Ragingal wrote: Jackstones anyone?
Al brings up a good point here.. do your stones summon welsh people? Shocked
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:49 am

When i did Ulduar 25 on my lock in pvp spec, i saved tanks lives many a time with shadowfury on Razorscale. it was only a pug so the gear wasent great but it was pretty usefull for 1 point Razz
Welshknight
Welshknight
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Eneonidas Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:32 am

Subeam wrote:
Ragingal wrote: Jackstones anyone?
Al brings up a good point here.. do your stones summon welsh people? Shocked

they can, but welsh people get annoyed as they have to leave there sheep behind Razz

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:03 am

Welshknight: Summon please
Lockingal: Ill put the stone up, but I want you, it dosnt summon welsh people
Ronab: wth, its saying invalid target when I try summon welsh

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:33 am

not played my warlock in ages and never personally liked destro, but your spec seems fine, depending on how your imps survivability is. a 10sec cast midfight would hurt.
good apply, your gear and enchants seems up to date.

gl on your apply.
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:55 am

Well in pve its quite hard for a locks pet to die unless its specificly being hit, he has 15% of his dmg done healing his pet, which say if his dps is 5k, thats like 750health to his pet her second Razz Plus the 80% aoe dmg reduced shiz

This might be me getting it totaly wrong but in theory it sounds right Razz
Welshknight
Welshknight
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Eneonidas Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:21 am

lal nah your right welsh, only time i see my imp die is on mimiron and i think hunters/dks prob have the same issue with their pets.

"not played my warlock in ages and never personally liked destro"

yeh me either mate but to many shit locks whined about affliction being to hard to play so blizz buffed destro.

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:13 am

Hey there, we'd like to offer you a trial, just know that after this reset we'll be stopping official 25mans for 2 weeks for people to go have holidays, pretend to have lives and friends etc, to come back to raiding full refreshed with all that 'rl' nonesense out of thier systems. So if youre happy to sit around for 2 weeks just picking up the 10man proto from the hardmodes there, and picking up the 25man hardmodes in a couple of weeks, then give an officer a whisper when you get to ghostlands Smile

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Eneonidas Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 am

nice, yeh thats fine with me mate, ill be transfering later on today

Eneonidas
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 am

welcome mate
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down