Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Vote_lcap60%Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Vote_lcap40%Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn)

+3
Khiraen
Ronab
Evect
7 posters

Go down

Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Empty Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn)

Post  Evect Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am

General information:

Characters name: Evect
Class: Shaman
Race: Draenei (MALE!)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Evect
UI screenshot: http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot060909122546.jpg (a certain so so helped me)
Played Time on your character: 46 Days
Profesions and level of professions: 455 Jewelcrafting/450 Mining
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):
20mb/s Cable Internet, about 100ms in raids.

What other characters do you have?
73 Human Paladin
71 Draenei Deathknight

Raid times and Experience:

Naxx 10/25
OS 10/25
Malygos

Ulduar 10/14 on 25 man.

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

Didn’t play in classic, so I’ve only seen them in level 80 face roll mode. Burning Crusade I did Kara, Gruul, Maggy and some of ZA in the LOLPatch era. I started on this game pretty late compared to most other people, but since the release of WoTLK I have been on the ball.

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.

I have bits of Conqueror and Valarous gear, the main reason why there isn’t much Elemental Shaman out of set gear hanging around, like other classes. Trinket wise I have the Illustration of the Dragon Soul which imo is one of the best trinkets for me and the EoH trinket, not the best, but I Haven’t come across anything better. Rings aren’t the best, but I will hopefully pick some up as I go along, everything else is pretty much standard for an elemental shaman. When looking for gear I go for spell power, haste, and crit, obviously if pieces changes I will have to look for hit aswell.

Comment on how you’ve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

I gem spell power and haste, crit isn’t really an issue for my class, with clear casting proccing from Lava Burst and all that. I am gemming for haste to get as many lightning bolts into my rotation in between flame shocks and lava bursts, which will end up with more dps overall.

What glyphs are you using and why?

Totem of Wrath - Extra spell power buff from a totem what is always down, not bad.
Flame Shock - Essential really, flame shock needs to be up all the time so I can have clear casting proc from Lava Burst. (more mana, more problems for bosses.)
Lightning Bolt - Lightning Bolt does the majority of my damage, so an extra 4% is nice.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

I do have resto as my dual spec, but to be honest, I haven’t had the chance to play it. I’ve got some off spec gear as I’ve gone along, mostly from 10 Man Naxx and a bit of 25 Man Naxx aswel.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

I have jewel crafting which is good for the prismatic gems, although with the nerf coming up, I will probably roll another profession, not sure yet, maybe engineering.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

Risen - Bit more casual than what I wanted to do.

Triturate - Lack of progress as certain members turn up for farm nights and don’t turn up for progression fights, leading to it’s demise.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

I feel as an elemental shaman I bring a nice 5% spell crit bonus to the raid, I also have my totems to provide some pretty nice buffs, although nowadays other classes have exactly the same (Yes Paladins, making my Mana Spring obsolete) Also as an elemental shaman I have pretty much top notch mana efficiency so you won’t have to worry about me going oom Razz

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Looking at gear in Ulduar, I wish we had some use for spirit. Maybe a talent for converting spirit into spell power or something.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

I am an active player, pretty easy going, and helpful.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Provide a stable raiding enviroment, and to burn through the content of this expansion and hopefully into the next.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

My name is Lee, I’m 18 years old and I live in Leeds, Yorkshire!, England. I am currently finishing off at college and going to university next year to study Computing Forensics. I work at Comet part time on a weekend, where I was work as an administrator, doing banking and all that. I live with my Mum and Brother, who pretty much leave me to myself, and yes my mum still makes my bed.

Additional information which you would like to name?
Thanks for reading!
Very Happy

Last edited by Evect on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Evect
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn)

Post  Ronab Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Bradford > Leeds, trufax

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Evect - Elemental Shaman (Withdrawn)

Post  Khiraen Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi evect,
good luck
Khiraen
Khiraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Saphirejaffa Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Ronab wrote:Bradford > Leeds, trufax

Harrogate > Leeds > Braford Very Happy
Saphirejaffa
Saphirejaffa
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marignome Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Saphirejaffa wrote:
Ronab wrote:Bradford > Leeds, trufax

Harrogate > Leeds > Braford Very Happy

Elvenlust.com >Birkerød > Leeds > Bradford Very Happy

Marignome
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Thesage Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Finally, an elemental who knows what hes doing.

All im gonna say till i see this app through sober eyes Razz
Thesage
Thesage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 am

Wales>Pretty much everything...

Apart from old people, They rock! rendeer
Welshknight
Welshknight
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 am

Oh yeah, and i did some heroics with this guy, acheivement runs in Azjol and shiz, and his dps was high, and knew his stuff, gl m8
Welshknight
Welshknight
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Thesage Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Sorry its taken so long for me to get back to you, i have a few questions id like you to answer which in no way imply youre doing something wrong, i just want to hear your justification;

1) Glyphs, are there any others you would consider?
2) Gemming, it seems essentially very random, i have my suspicious but would like to hear why youve gemmed in such an 'irratic' manner
3) Rotation, you say "as many lightning bolts as possible" between the lava bursts, could you give an example of your ideal rotation

Thanks.
Thesage
Thesage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Evect Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:47 am

I've transferred realm now, sorry.

Thanks for replying anyway. Smile

Evect
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down