Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted)

+4
Fanthom
Beaker
Jantimir
Glocken
8 posters

Go down

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Empty Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted)

Post  Glocken Fri May 15, 2009 10:14 am

Glocken, (Male) Night Elf Hunter
EU Armory Page
WoWHead Talents (Primary talent spec)

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Wowscrnshot051509153631.th

/played - 101 days
Professions: Jewelcrafting (450), Alchemy (450)
Internet Connection: Stable, with around 200ms latency during raids.

Notable Alts:
Hohenheim - 43 Paladin

Raid times:
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (02:00)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (03:00)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Experience:
Pre-WotLK: Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Magtheridon, Gruul, and limited experience in Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern.
WotLK:
Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Vault of Archavon, all on 10 and 25.
Ulduar 10: 7/14
Ulduar 25: 5/14 (Ignis and Auriaya as yet, not done)

Character:
Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.
With the introduction of improved Armor Penetration, and their prevalence on Ulduar drops, I have been forced to talent towards Hit in order to accommodate ArP on gear obtained in Ulduar 10/25. I am looking to lower Haste on my current gear to allow more Hit budget, though I need to do a lot more testing into a low-Haste SV build.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
With the JC Dragon's Eye cuts, I chose to gem for as much hit as possible to offset the lack on gear - the current JC gems I have socketed enable to me to activate socket bonuses that would otherwise require obscure gems. I currently have Icewalker on my boots for increased Hit, and the other enchants offer the best result for their slot.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Major:
Glyph of Serpent Sting (To allow more time between applications)
Glyph of Explosive Shot (Survival's second highest priority shot)
Glyph of Kill Shot (SV's highest priority shot, when target is under 20% health.)
Minor:
Glyph of Feign Death (More frequent threat dumps)
Glyph of the Pack (Greater range on AotP for raid movement/annoying tanks)
Glyph of Mend Pet (For keeping pet's happiness topped up quickly and easily).

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Can't really call it "Offspec", but I do currently have some iLvl 213 gear that I use to juggle around stats.

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
I used to have Herbalism/Alchemy, but switched Herb. for Jewelcrafting.

General Questions:
Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Night Shift - I originally joined Night Shift due to my work hours running over the regular raid start times for other guilds. At that time, NS was part of Legion of Doom, and eventually split from it. Whilst we run Ulduar, the group as a whole is not big on progression, and I find it somewhat limiting.
SoL - A fantastic guild, almost everyone there was really nice and friendly. I made a few comments that were taken the wrong way, and was asked to leave.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
I has DPS? As a pure class, I don't offer a lot of flexibility, but I am quite accomplished at crowd control. Survival offers Hunting Party replenishment, coupled with a high crit rate. With dual-specs, customization for DPS on a specific boss is a lot easier, being able to talent MM or SV based on the encounter.

Oh, and I can do a wondrous thing called "Hunter's Mark". Big red arrow, you've probably seen it.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Reintroduce Expose Weakness as a target debuff/raid buff.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
A skilled, dedicated raid player, willing and eager to put in effort to progress through content.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Offer me the challenge of end-game encounters, like-minded players who actually want to progress, and are willing to put in the effort to do it, and players who know their class properly.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Well, my name is Duncan and I'm 25 and live in Brighton, south coast of England. I'm a geek, with a penchant for tech-toys, and I'm a PC gamer over all that console rubbish. I currently work at a shop called CeX (yes, pronounced "sex") in Brighton which buys/sells mobiles, electronics, computer parts, DVD movies and games, so I get to indulge my interests all the time.

And unless there was a fire, or imminent danger (would actually have to threaten my computer - since I'd be taking that with me), then theres no reason for me to be nagged to stop raiding at all.

Additional information which you would like to name?
Grimax is a sexy dwarf.
May be willing to change character sex, if necessary.

Last edited by Glocken on Fri May 22, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Glocken

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Empty Re: Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted)

Post  Jantimir Fri May 15, 2009 10:39 am

Grimax is a sexy dwarf.

Click --> save as

ZOMG Female dwarf

btw night elf hunter
Jantimir
Jantimir
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Empty Re: Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted)

Post  Beaker Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 am

He's a Nelf male and thinks grimaz is hawt....its a no from me based on this Very Happy

Seriously. Spec is ok, gear is very nice. Shame you dont have more gear with hit on it (like the naxx trinket) to drop the 3 points in Focused aim and to gem for pure agility instead.

Do you have any WWS reports? whats your shot priority? What's your second, beastmaster, spec for?

We are a bit full on hunters...well we are meant to be, but some are slacking and one hasnt shown up yet Smile

Goodluck with app *the nelf hate is strong here...you'll need it Twisted Evil )
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Glocken Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 pm

I do have the gear available for a no FA spec, but its currently up in the air with upgrades from Ulduar (Saronite Mesh Legguards and Gloves of Taut Grip). Grim Toll was on my list for items to go for, but I saw it drop once and it was needed by someone with lesser gear.

I don't have any WWS available, I'm afraid. At least, not from any time recently Smile

Shot priority is Kill Shot > Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Multi-Shot > Serpent Sting > Steady Shot.

Beast Mastery was for soloing old content, and the Threat From Above quest for Argent dailies - sometimes, nobody wants to play nice. It's not perfect by any means.

Glocken

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Survival Hunter - Glocken (Accepted) Elfs2-1
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri May 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Fanthom likes wow p0rn lol
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi there Glocken, first off, a very well written application.
Having previously played a hunter main I keep up to date with hunter theory still (I get the feeling Beaker hates me for it as im always on his back about stuff :p).
Could you explain why youve chosen Glyph of Serpant sting over Glyph of Steady shot. Im not saying its wrong, im just interested to hear your reasoning.
At first glance I saw your gear and thought 'well thats pretty much t7s BiS list' then yeah, I saw the lack of hit. I do think youve gimped yourself with havign to gem for it. Due to item level budgeting its 'cheaper' to get the hit from the gear, however, drops may not have been friendly so that can be overlooked.

Also I wouldnt mind some further clarification on how you value armor penetration, personally I dont see it as a good stat, convince me otherwise :>

p.s Night elf male Sad

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Fri May 15, 2009 7:48 pm

MALE NIGHTELF HUNTER LOL!

GL Razz
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Sat May 16, 2009 4:15 am

Nah Ronab its good having someone else doing the heavy number crunching for me...I am concerned about your female dwarf fetish...I'm keeping the beard goddamn it!!

Ronab raises a good question, Ulduar gear has lots of ArP on it (I'll keep my opinion to meself). Also whats your opinion on Black arrow. what would you change about it?
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Glocken Sat May 16, 2009 7:48 am

Ronab wrote:Could you explain why youve chosen Glyph of Serpant sting over Glyph of Steady shot.
Glyph of Steady Shot requires the target to be afflicted by Serpent Sting to gain 10% damage to just my Steady Shots. With Noxious Stings, I gain 3% damage to any target with one of my Serpent Stings on it. Having a Glyph that increases a standalone damage boost's duration is preferable to having one that relies on another shot being active. That, and Steady Shot is simply filler material now, since it's nerf. Having six seconds extra serpent sting per application means I don't have to refresh it for another 4 shots.

Ronab wrote:Also I wouldnt mind some further clarification on how you value armor penetration, personally I dont see it as a good stat, convince me otherwise :>

I'm honestly not sure I can. I was mainly trying to maximise the stats I had available whilst sticking as closely to the Hit cap and Haste soft-cap as I could. Being reliant on Haste procs to bring auto-shot under 1.5s cast I dislike, I far prefer to have base stats I can rely on.

One major flaw with SV and ArP is that Explosive Shot doesn't benefit from it - though after introducing the Gloves of Taut Grip (3% ArP) and Saronite Mesh Legguards (4.87%) for a total of a little over 10% when combined with Favor of the Dragon Queen, I've seen a slight increase to DPS over the previous items, even with at the cost of 2 points in Master Tactician (switched to FA)

The items I had before, for a 0/3 Focused Aim spec are as follows:
Armguards of the Tower Archer (+50 AP)
Gloves of Calculated Risk (+20 Agi)
Leggings of Colossal Strides (+75 AP, +22 Crit)

These, combined with the rest of my gear, resulted in a 263 Hit Rating, 526 Haste setup. Same talent spec, with 0/3 FA and 5/5 Master Tac.

It was pretty much a swap for items, and a minor retalent for the newer gear. Personally, I would say it justifies it, but it's a photo finish between the two. I think for ArP to really have an effect, it would require a Marksman spec, and a higher ArP (30%+).

I also have the following items at my disposal, in addition to the above, though as said before, swapping gear around tends to drop my haste rating below 522.

Surge Needle Ring
Torn Web Wrapping
Crippled Treads
Grotesque Handgrips

Beaker wrote:Also whats your opinion on Black arrow. what would you change about it?
Hah. Double the duration, or halve the cooldown. But either one would make it a lot more overpowered. Undispellable would be nice (couldn't care less about ramifications in PvP). I would give it a higher LnL proc chance - 20% would be enough. Obviously, not all these things at once Smile

Glocken

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 am

If you have the gear to make up the hit, switch it in. the extra agility you can generate just through gems will be very much worth it, plus your haste capped, which while not essential will be a benefit. Where would you spend the freed up points? Any reason why you havent taken Aimed shot?

ArP truly is a sucky stat for survival hunters. Its not only ES that does not benefit but also Black Arrow and Serpent, which combined is a large portion of a Surv huntards damage. Its one of the reasons why I'm cautious about switching our my naxx lvl crit gear for the Ulduar ArP, but then Im eying a respec to MM soon after doing some studying Smile

BA for me adds a clunkyness to the "rotation", personally i'd prefer it if they made it more like a sting (and just reduced the proc rate). And from a pvp point of view I dont see how unlinking it from traps would be OP.

I dont disagree too much with your final glyph choice as I dont see any big diff between SerS and SS glyphs for Survival and you have good reasoning for your choice.

I'm impressed so far. Would like to see you in a trial so we can see your dps 1st hand (since you dont have any WWS available).
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimax Sat May 16, 2009 8:31 am

Glocken wrote:
Additional information which you would like to name?
Grimax is a sexy dwarf.
May be willing to change character sex, if necessary.

This

Nice app knows his stuff and willing to sex change

hope you get in!
Grimax
Grimax
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Glocken Sat May 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Beaker wrote:If you have the gear to make up the hit, switch it in. the extra agility you can generate just through gems will be very much worth it, plus your haste capped, which while not essential will be a benefit.

I can switch gear in to make up hit, and then either drop Hit gems or drop Focused Aim, but not both.

Beaker wrote: Where would you spend the freed up points? Any reason why you havent taken Aimed shot?

Aimed Shot shares it's cooldown and damage with Multi-Shot, with the added functionality of 50% healing debuff and being instant. Survival being what it is, I try my damnedest to stay still, so spending one talent point in it isn't really worth my while. It's not too hard to stop for half a second to cast Multi-Shot. Aimed also has a larger mana cost, not huge, but 150 mana more over 450 mana for Multi.

If I freed talent points up from FA, they'd go back into Master Tactician.

Glocken

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Sun May 17, 2009 1:02 pm

I was in a pug with glock for a while today in VoA25 and i have to say it was nice to see a hunter in a pug actually doing some dps, i believe it was up around 4.9k. Sadly any attempts on bosses = fail due to crap tanks.
figured that info might be of use to someone.
Nelf male = bad... stump up the euros for sex change tbh Very Happy
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Glocken Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Ragingal wrote:I was in a pug with glock for a while today in VoA25 and i have to say it was nice to see a hunter in a pug actually doing some dps, i believe it was up around 4.9k. Sadly any attempts on bosses = fail due to crap tanks.
figured that info might be of use to someone.
Nelf male = bad... stump up the euros for sex change tbh Very Happy

Hehe thanks for the mixed praise Smile

Eventually got to the point where half the group was from Night Shift (all pretty good players), yet the pug healers just kept failing -.-;

Glocken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down