Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Vote_lcap60%Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Vote_lcap40%Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages

3 posters

Go down

Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Empty Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages

Post  Subeam Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Something discussed on the SoL forums well over a month ago now, and now also on wowinsider, cooperation between a disc priest and arcane mage to increase their respective healing and dps: http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/26/spiritual-guidance-disc-priest-gives-arcane-mages-600-spellpow/

The maths haven't all been done, clearly, but it's definately increasing numbers to a good extent and imo worth looking into on heavy aoe fights. Smile

Edit: obviously this'll also work with Holy priests, just that Disc priests apparently have more talents which increase the damage absorbed, and thus the dps of the mage.
Edit2: for the priests this will become interesting with the 4P T8 bonus, granting 250 spellpower for 5sec after casting PW:S (don't know why that wasn't mentioned on wowinsider, doh)
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages Empty Re: Discipline Priests & Arcane Mages

Post  Ronab Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm

in the aoe fights, I think the priests are more concerned with keeping people alive ^^

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Not shielded, the mage would take damage which would have to be healed. Shielding someone is preventing having to heal the amount absorbed, while increasing dps. Win-win, especially once the 4p T8 comes into play and the healer heals for alot more after using 1 global cd, which also grants extra haste.
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:06 pm

In a situation where theres huge aoe damage, mimiron p2 or tantrums for example, why would a priest use a global on a sheild when he can say, cast prayer of healing, healing the 5 lowest health people in range for a large amount.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 am

Becaus the shield can be casted before the Tantrum? I don't know Mimiron p2 yet, and i'd definately not recommend it for all fights nor all aoe damage, but in general, if the aoe is predictable, the shield cd can be used before the healing is necessary. The shield holds for 15 seconds, during which it can absorb ~6 to ~12k damage. 15% of that damage absorbed converts into spell damage, lasting 10 secs, and stacks up to a maximum of 5% of the mage's health (whch was way underestimatedin the linked article, they assumed ~15 - 16k hp, i got that unbuffed :p) Taking the lowest of what the average shield absorbs, that's +900 spelldamage for 10 secs, it can be refreshed every 15 secs with the priest's shield (or if the manapool can take it, kept up the entire time with a mana shield inbetween). Alot of dps gain, which will get the raid through a healing intensive phase quicker.
Subeam
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 am

Again though, presheilding is just taking healing away from where it needs to be. I do see the merits of this, I just dont think its fair and practical to ask a priest to maintain a PWS on one particular ranged dps when in reality he'll have so many other things to be thinking about.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Fivedollah Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 am

i'd rather take slow for some control in a raid atm, and i havent seen too many shields on myself throughout ulduar!
Fivedollah
Fivedollah
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down