Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
General Vezax EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
General Vezax EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
General Vezax EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
General Vezax EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
General Vezax EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
General Vezax EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
General Vezax EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
General Vezax EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
General Vezax EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

General Vezax Vote_lcap60%General Vezax Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
General Vezax Vote_lcap40%General Vezax Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

General Vezax

3 posters

Go down

General Vezax Empty General Vezax

Post  Ronab Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwwM8sy19I
Epic Fight.
Entire raid completely oom, all the dps wanding at the end, healers meleeing for mana, tank barely staying over 5k health at the end.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

General Vezax Empty Re: General Vezax

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 am

http://www.wowwiki.com/General_Vezax

To successfully perform this hard mode, players must fight Vezax for long enough without using eight Saronite Vapors that spawn, defeat the Saronite Animus that spawns, and then kill Vezax. To help somewhat with mana regen, a raid can stock up on Fel Mana Potions. Ranged DPS will have to spare their mana for when they are on a shadow crash puddle to maximize the damage they can get with it. Aim towards getting General Vezax's health as low as possible without actually killing him. (Below 8,000,000 is doable)

The animus spawns at Vezax's starting position and must be picked up immediately by the offtank and kept in place so that melee does not have to move when switching targets at all. It will spam profound darkness every two seconds and melees for just about as much as Vezax without the periodic enrage) All DPS must switch to the Animus and kill it as quickly as possible. If the raid takes too long, Profound Darkness will eventually outdamage any possible healing and wipe the raid. Shadow Crashes will one-shot anybody that gets hit by them so do not lose focus. The players in charge of interrupting Searing Flames will also have to work on the animus but interrupt General Vezax at the same time. A great way to do this is to put General Vezax on your focus and use this macro in place of your interrupt hotkey:

/cast [target=focus,harm,nodead] Kick; Kick

The macro will interrupt the focus target if it is hostile and alive. Otherwise, it will interrupt the current target. Vezax will regain some health from Mark of the Faceless, so one player has to reapply a healing debuff onto him to minimize it such as an Arms Warrior with Mortal Strike or a Combat Rogue with Wound Poison on their main hand. (Wound Poison does proc on a Kick)

After the animus is dead, the stacks will still be applied and all that is left to be done is finish the home stretch of Vezax's health. Keep in mind that the Profound Darkness debuff is still applied and Shadow Crashes will kill anybody that does not avoid them. The hard part of the achievement is done so long as nobody in the raid does something foolish to cause a wipe.

I've got an idea about the interrupts that I'll try - apparently - and I've known this for awhile but haven't seen the need to test it (actually didn't trust it Very Happy ) - one combat rogue can interrupt all the Searing flames using "Throwing Specialization Rank 2
Increases the range of Throw and Deadly Throw by 4 yards and gives your Deadly Throw and Fan of Knives abilities a 100% chance to interrupt the target for 3 sec."

So I'll respec for this fight (also a must on Yoggi HD and Freya HD so I've read) - that will free up 2 x dps not to worry about ints etc, will focus Vezax and kick and FoK my little heart out - double wound to be sure and bob's your uncle.

Hope this is ok with the raid leaders - anyone know if the above is bollocks then let me know before I respec.

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:20 am

Both times we've killed this boss we have also got the shadow crash dodging achievement, its kinda required to do vezax hardmode.

The really risky shadow crashes are when ranged get too close to boss and dont have enough time to avoid them (so max range is a must) and when the tank has to leg it to avoid temp enrage...Vezax can sometimes target the melee as they chase behind or the tank as he runs.
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 am

Yet another hardmode that requires a dk tank imo. We've done thsi 3 or 4 times on 10man i think, when I tanked it the enrage was pretty tricky due to the face i couldnt just icebound it :<
A trick I saw once (was actually an arena livestream and the guy forgot to turn it off for his raid, so I got to watch thier vezax HM tries) was to have the raid in 2 groups, each group stacked very tightly each on the opposite edge of a shadowcrash, whichever group was targeted would run out to avoid then back in, meaning the shadowcrashes were all within 5foot of each other and there was minimal movement and positioning issues

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 am

Every bossfight requires a DK tank, because like, Dk's dont die...
Welshknight
Welshknight
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum