Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
This arena season EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
This arena season EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
This arena season EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
This arena season EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
This arena season EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
This arena season EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
This arena season EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
This arena season EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
This arena season EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

This arena season Vote_lcap60%This arena season Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
This arena season Vote_lcap40%This arena season Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

This arena season

3 posters

Go down

This arena season Empty This arena season

Post  Ragingal Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Didnt really get into arena early doors in TBC... so i was wondering if 2v2 in season 1 was as polluted with double dps zerg teams like arena season 5 is. I know that many of the top teams are healer and damage dealer, but it seems around the 1500 ranks (and lower... now a lot lower...) all i seem to face is mage/mage, mage/rogue, rogue/ret and mage/ret. Fights are rarely lasting over 2 mins. I know blizz were looking to eradicate the 20 min chess matches some arena matches were in seasons 3 and 4 but atm its the complete opposite, and while i wasnt a huge fan of the 20 min matches (RSI FTL) im not a fan of 2 min matches either. What have you guys who are doing well (hendie inparticular as im teamed up with a resto druid) doing to combat the serious amount of damage thrown at yourself and your team mates?
Im considering not bothering with pvp gear or a recognised pvp spec (im playing 37/11/23) and just going with full pve gear, fury pve build and just popping everything at the 1st chance. Alternatively i could just reroll (1 - 80... 1 more time...), if you cant beat em, join em eh?!?!
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

This arena season Empty Re: This arena season

Post  Hendie Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 am

Last season around the 1500 mark is about the same, just random double dps teams doing it for the points, only they hit like bricks at the moment!

People have made a petition to bring back the chess type games are they involve alot more skill and in fairness are more fun then that 2 minute zerg games.

To counter the double dps ive personally stack as much pvp gear/pvp spec and ressiliance as possible, it seems to be paying off until i meet dk's. Some games though the dps is so crazy and constant "ret/dk" that the gear makes no difference what soever.

Best thing i would do if i was you al is to look at sk gaming rankins, and see which combo's spec and gear are working best for warriors then make your own decision!

As for me ive been playing with a rogue and a retlol, both have there ups and downs but it seems ret is a good partner to support the druid, which is the reason it works!

I'm also considering the reroll of a dk, as you said if you cant beat them, join them.

Hendie
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 am

Aye al, around 1500 the team comps make no sense. As for burst, prehot, preheal, and in my case as i an do neither, position properly. Its about dictating the fight, in 2s I tell grim exactly where I want to use in the arena, and what his boundies are, for where he can move and fight. That way I can set up line of sight well. A mage cant counterspell me if he cant see me, and he cant get to me if my teammate wont let him. To overcome double dps at the moment the survival measures need to be coordinated and preplanned. As for if they focus me, im fortunate to have plate and a bubble. (cant bubble if my holy school is locked out that, also its on GCD and ive died in a GCD before).After bubbles gone its just a case of last as long as i humanly can and hope my teammates caused enough damage to get them playing defensivly.

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down