Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Vote_lcap60%Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Vote_lcap40%Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed

4 posters

Go down

Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Empty Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed

Post  Mscold Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am

It was introduced in the Beta of WOTLK and will be put upon the holy priests: a 6 sec CD on CoH. I dont know exactly what this will do to our healing done. I think a really big drop on healing done because we dont get anything in return for it. a summary. with my glyph CoH can heal 6 persons. This is a smart heal to everyone in 15 yard range of the target. Normally i could spam it, only having the global cooldown. before i could spam 3 CoH heals in 6 seconds. this will be nerfed to only 1. CoH heals for 2K-4K x 6 = 12K-14k x 2 = 24-48K less healing on normal trash. In the time i cant cast my CoH can heal a 1.5 flash heals or 1 GH this wil do up to 12K healing at this moment. But most of this will this become overhealing done.

So i will loose at least half my healing done on trash every 6 seconds and maybe more because of the big chance of overhealing.

The difference on bossfights is a little less due to the mana ah CoH heal cost. but still in fights like the 4 horseman where we switch sides the change will be huge.

And besides the COH change my talents that depends on instant cast crits will be nerfed too.

In total im NOT happy about this and im eager to hear other opinions

Mscold
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Empty Re: Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed

Post  Shiatan Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:25 am

wait your spells actually dont need you to think about who to heal?
wheres the fun in that Sad
Shiatan
Shiatan
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed Empty Re: Patch 3.0.8 Patch notes - Priest CoH nerfed

Post  Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 pm

I'm really happy with the nerf to CoH and wild growth, I don't like the way how they nerfed it though. Fact is that no matter how much aoe dmg bosses throw at us during an encounter it all seems trivial when a druid and/or a priest is spamming their aoe heals. A 6 second cooldown seems to counteract the way a holy priest is "meant" to heal though. CoH will stay a very efficient instant heal (low mana compared to the amount of healing it does), so ideally you'd want to use it on every cooldown. But unlike other classes/specs holy priests (and resto druids I guess) are heavily reliant on mana regen outside of the 5sec rule (top up everyone, do nothing for a while so you regen mana, top up everyone, etc), but if you want to use your most efficient heal on every cooldown you're getting almost 0 time outside of the 5sec rule.

I guess some thought will have to be put into group setup again and use prayer of mending or holy nova (very nice when glyphed!). Or just stack chain heal spamming shamans again like the good ol' days.

"And besides the COH change my talents that depends on instant cast crits will be nerfed too." <- What's this about, I don't see anything about in the patch notes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mscold Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Atm the talent [Surge of Light] is very nice combined with CoH. every 1-4 heals, i get an instant cast Flash Heal free. This is particulary nice when you healing up AoE damage and therefor the health of tank or just one dps drops a little more and bam a instant mana free Flash Heal.

Mscold
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Duddjaco Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:12 pm

you mean druids and preists will need talent and the ability to think to heal :O god forbid wonder which healing classes have had too in the past

/looks over at paladin

Duddjaco
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 pm

truefax lol, now paladins have a spammable GCD cast AoE heal hahah ^^

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down