Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Maximising Kiting Time EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Maximising Kiting Time EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Maximising Kiting Time EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Maximising Kiting Time EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Maximising Kiting Time Vote_lcap60%Maximising Kiting Time Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Maximising Kiting Time Vote_lcap40%Maximising Kiting Time Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Maximising Kiting Time

:: Heroic CC

Go down

Maximising Kiting Time Empty Maximising Kiting Time

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Dunno' about anyone else but I always find it difficult to max out the kiting time on Phase 2 of Anub,searching for the HoP Icon on my buff bar is really not fun and trying to count it in my head is pretty off putting.

I know this is a minor thing but I always feel that a smooth transition into phase 3 builds a lot of confidence so it's worth getting it right!

Slightly OCD but meh...

I was trying to think of a way to make it easier and overlooked and addon I already used,mainly cause I've got so used to it being there I'd forgotten about it...

Power Auras Classic was created to provide visual cues (auras) when you gain buffs, debuffs and many more. Very useful for short buffs or debuffs, it allows you to draw in the center of the screen, or around your character, very customizable visual effects, rather than having to look at or mouseover buff/debuff icons/actionbars.

A lot of you probably already use this addon but if you don't it's extremely lightweight and easy to use...also very customizable!

Power Auras Classic

How to use :

1- Type /powa, to open the effect browser
2- Click on the button "New" to create a new effect
3- On the effect editor, you can choose the texture to apply to the effect, the position, the size, the symmetry, be creative Razz
4- Below, select the activator of the effect (like a buff, debuff, etc...)
5- Enter the name of the buff, debuff... just below (or a part of the buff, like "clear" for activation with the buff "clear cast"). Don't forget to read the tooltips for more help on ways to enter the names
6- It's ready ! Close all windows, when you gain the buff/debuff, the effect appears

You can easily add new textures by adding them in the "Custom" Directory,
or dropping sequentially numbered Auraxx.tga files in the Auras subfolder inside the addon directory.

You can add timers to the Icons by activating them on the "Timer" tab ...ironically enough. This is the part I find extremely useful cause you can put the timer along side the aura right in the middle of the screen...dunce proof!

Hope some of you find this idea useful and if you need any help setting it up in game just /w me afro

Back to top Go down