Latest topics
» hello all
Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:41 am by Itsybitsy

» Members Forum Access
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

71% 71% [ 5 ]
29% 29% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

Druid Balance - Drizzit (Accepted)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Druid Balance - Drizzit (Accepted)

Post  Drizzit on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:13 pm

I wish this saved what you wrote if you accidently go off the page Crying or Very sad

Characters name:Drizzit
Class: Druid
Race: Nelf
Level at time of application: 78 game came late...lost will to live/race to 80...been messin around on alts and PvPin
Played Time on your character: 84+
Profesions and level of professions: Max Skinning and LW 410 (Working on it but can use Drums and make Fur Lining
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes, but have been DCing on some dodgy WotLK stuff like loading Strand of the Ancients ( Tele to Westfall WTF!? confused ) MS around 100-180 or so a bit of lag...window mode and a few other programs running doesnt help much.

What other characters do you have?
DK (PvP bound) 47 War (Fury for lvin but destined to be a tank) 39 Mage Both intended to lv as needed. Rest full of mid 20s different classes and 1 lv 19 twink for lulz with my mates.

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - If im not out partying etc then I can raid all night.
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - See Above
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - As long as im done by 630am cuz I need to get to a class at 9.

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

Ony for practice at 70

Pre Nerf

Kara - Cleared some Resto
ZA - Cleared some Resto
Grull - Cleared
Maggy - Cleared some Resto

Post Nerf ( If it even matters) All as Resto
The first few bosses in:
TK
MH
BT

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Shadow Realm Stalkers - First guild, GM pointed me toward Balance
The Crimson Knights - GM left me with dead guild, I turned it into awesome low lv PvP guild. At 39 I learned most of my gear was "Twink" gear so I stayed that level and played BGs as semi twink whenever my guild came in BG we won. Alliance from OTHER realms knew us and cheered when we came in. Horde pwned alot so then so we were impressed with a 35 game win streak with an Enchancement Shammy and myself and some other guildies in and out of it. Didnt play wow for a month cuz credit ran out and when I came back most had left. Really sucked. I still have that guild as a bank on one of my alts.
TNT - Class Leader of about 13 Raiding Druids. Joined over a year ago. Stuck with them through thick and thin. Breakups and Drama. Very social guild, really friendly, have tried to get raiding but things are not coming together. Really like the guild but I want to get raiding. Some members wonder why I havn't left already, so they understand.

Also have lead raids all successful on Kara, Gruul and Maggy.*

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
Tree Form can give a 6% increase in healing received and a further 2% increase in my healing as well as 15% of my total spirit. No more slow movement. YAY!

I have both Rejuv/Regrowth + Swiftmend and Natures Swiftness + Healing Touch for instant big heals as well as my heaps of HoTs. Using healbot I can keep HoTs on all ailing members of the raid and also stick Wild Growth on groups of 5 taking damage really fast. The HoTs are good for keeping up steady damage of the whole party. Which can happen a lot in Raids.

Many of my talents give me awesome mana regen and having Innervate with that kinda regen means i have to struggle to get good use out of the mana im gettin because if im not healing enough ill have innervate for a couple seconds while at full mana.

Living Seed is a handy like add on effect of my healing on tank...every time I crit heal on him he gets a INC heal that procs when he gets hit. Bonus!

Specced right I can really extend my HoTs and increase there heal amount...Here is a build ive made for max group healing with 2 points for helping the speed of my healing touch when its needed....I could take those out of Naturalist and put them in Empowered Touch if I planed to use Healing Touch mostly with Natures Swiftness to get a bigger heal but the CD on Natures Swiftness makes it more of an Emergency heal and I might throw a healing touch under less pressure if its need so the faster cast time is more useful.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VhZZcrIuiuxVuVIst

That and the fact that like the Boomkin, the Tree has a sweet dance which would defo help dispell players boredom/bad mood debuff!

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Healing in Boomkin form! That would be AWESOME!

Bring back 400% Boomkin Armor you thieves!

Reduce Shadowmeld CD

More instant cast damage spells (Spammin moonfire DoT is not good enough)

Any one of those in that order.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
Umm well a (imo) skilled player who has not had the chance to be really pushed or experience end game to the fullest. Also a bit of fun on the vent. Plenty of randomness. And Extra helpings of Horde RAPE!

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Finally get some raiding done! Really play to potential! More experience.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Sean, 21, Dublin (grew up in Phx, Arizona)
WoW, Partying, Women, Rugby, Pwnin noobs (in game or IRL), Music!!! College, no job for now...Eveyone tells me I should play less....doesnt phase me...they are all just jealous they havnt left Northshire yet!

Additional information which you would like to name? My main spec is Boomkin, I <3 Boomkin. Tree is ok. But Boomkin FTW! It even rhymes...it was destiny. If you would take on a a Boomer that would be awesome. But I can/have been/and will be a healer if needed. Just say the word and "Ima Chargin Ma Lazar!" (Starfire+Mash Moonfire)

Last edited by Rigsby/Tightbriefs on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : illiteracy and minor note*)
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Druid Balance - Drizzit (Accepted)

Post  Rigsby on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:44 pm

You answered "What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?" as resto with a resto tree. Can you answer it for Boomkin with what tree you would use in 25man raids.

We do also have a lvl 80 only, no exception rule. Even if we liked your app you wouldn't get in before you were 80. On the other hand we currently don't have a raiding Boomkin so you kinda have a good shot at 80.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

View user profile http://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzit on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Ok sure.

Well I suppose I would spec Deep Balance since the new talent trees dont allow for effective Restokins and Subtlety doesnt reduce threat for Balance spells anymore.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0vGbuiIsIdIAuRu

Ive found that Boomkins can, especially on bosses, crank out intense DPS and REALY live up the the name BOOMkin.

Theres Moonkin Aura which gives 5% spell crit + 3% spell haste as well as an added 20 Crit strike rating with the Idol of the Raven lord which is one of the Relics I switch between. This really helps the party although 20 Crit rating is no longer all that much.

Then theres Earth and Moon which adds on spell impact and works like the warlocks old Curse of Elements making the enemy take 13% more spell damage (WHOO HOO for casters)

Faerie fire reduces armor which is good for Melee in raid and also Improved it can increase spell hit on target by 3% and my crit on them by 3%.

Also Moonkin AoE has greatly improved with Starfall (AWESOMENESS!) and Typhoon for a lil pushing them around a bit. And Huricane can hit for over 1k for most boomkins easy and with full raid buffs it should be intense...as well and increasing time between enemeny attacks...less damage = Easier healing. With Eclipse I get an increased Crit for either Starfire or Wrath which will affect my spell rotation...I dont have and AUTO Attack like Spell rotation and it could be MF, IS, FF, W, W, W, W, then if it procs SF, SF, SF, SF then reapply IS and FF as needed.

Beast CC and Entangling Roots are handy for 5 mans but not really for raiding as much.

Remove Curse and Abolish Poison are handy if u have decursive addon and every raid needs a few Rebirths and Innervates for long fights.

Someone might pull me on the 4 points in Owlkin Frenzy and Force of nature but lv 70 Trees could do 9k damage if left alone and Owlkin Frenzy can proc if im taking damage boosting my damage and TBH I cant really get any useful talent from resto tree for raiding with 4 points.

I know its 80 only guild. But im not far off 80 and a level and a half is piss easy in a couple of days and you could just invite me then.

Ive got sets of lv 70 Epics for both Resto and Boomkin and have only replace my cloak and some rings + trinkets.
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Mad as a hatter, has my vote for a trial, id prefer him as a tree though, although it isnt my final say.
Id say youd fit right in, if the change from casual to hardcore isnt too much of a shock

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:46 pm

ATM with no tree and no raiding lock we could do with the synergy of a Boomkin too, he also doesn't seem as keen on resto as he is Balance and we've asked people to be non first choice specs before without optimal results. I am thinking him Boomkin. I agree about the charisma in the app.

The officers will consider your app and get back to you asap.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzit on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Right on. Cool

This is the best I could do for a Restokin, extreme mana endurance but at the cost of AoEs.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0gG0uiIRIdIV00hZcLcub
If raids didnt require AoEs at any time then this would be good for extra long boss fights.

Im NEVER gonna finish this assignment...deadline 5pm today affraid

Last edited by Drizzit on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added RestoKin Tree!)
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chinnose on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:00 am

Drizzit wrote:

Someone might pull me on the 4 points in Owlkin Frenzy and Force of nature but lv 70 Trees could do 9k damage if left alone and Owlkin Frenzy can proc if im taking damage boosting my damage and TBH I cant really get any useful talent from resto tree for raiding with 4 points.

Personally putting 5 points into 10% more intellect(resto tree) cant remember the talent name is pretty sweet, though i havent raided at 80 as boomkin mana issues at 70 werent a big deal + some of the aoe talents arent too important as there Cd's for raiding are far too long and u could get deeper into resto picking up master shapeshifter(2/4%? damage).

Chinnose
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronab on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:05 am

Rigsby/Tightbriefs wrote:ATM with no tree and no raiding lock we could do with the synergy of a Boomkin too, he also doesn't seem as keen on resto as he is Balance and we've asked people to be non first choice specs before without optimal results. I am thinking him Boomkin. I agree about the charisma in the app.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

We do have a Death Knight who ive seen specced into Ebon Plagebringer before though, thats the same as Earth and Moon, or Maladicted CoE

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzit on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:36 am

Deathdruid wrote:
Drizzit wrote:

Personally putting 5 points into 10% more intellect(resto tree) cant remember the talent name is pretty sweet, though i havent raided at 80 as boomkin mana issues at 70 werent a big deal + some of the aoe talents arent too important as there Cd's for raiding are far too long and u could get deeper into resto picking up master shapeshifter(2/4%? damage).

Well I am assuming that some parts of the 80 Raids like the 70 raids require AoE and Boomkin AoE is awesome now so I left that in there. The only points I can see might need respending are Owlkin Frenzy and Force of Nature but the best trade off I could get with 4 points is 8% intellect which is good but I dont know if it will help my over all DPS as much as the procs of Owlkin Frenzy which is only 3 points. If there was not need for AoE I could see Master Shape Shfiter making sense but I get good use out of those trees which at 70 could do 9k damage over 30 secs and I dont know what at 80. All depends on the raids and I dont know what they contain yet so I think this is a good all around spec while your suggestion would be excellent for Single target mobs all the way through.
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzit on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 am

Ronab wrote:
Rigsby/Tightbriefs wrote:ATM with no tree and no raiding lock we could do with the synergy of a Boomkin too, he also doesn't seem as keen on resto as he is Balance and we've asked people to be non first choice specs before without optimal results. I am thinking him Boomkin. I agree about the charisma in the app.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

We do have a Death Knight who ive seen specced into Ebon Plagebringer before though, thats the same as Earth and Moon, or Maladicted CoE

Does that mean im not needed or im not needed at a Boomkin? drunken
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 am

Ronab wrote:

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Having 1 person in the whole guild isn't ideal though. Also there is still the fact he seems alot more keen on Boomkin.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Thesage on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Ronab wrote:

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Aye, but what we dont have is a boomking OR a shadow priest (one is essential) for the 3% spell hit debuff they robbed from me.

Edit: oh, and i liked the app ^^
Thesage
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to apply. Before we move forward with your app we would like to trial you in a heroic. You won't need buff food and flasks etc, just to show u can play some and answer some questions. Give myself or Ronab a /w in game to sort out a time and place.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Drizzit on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Cool im 79 now and working on 80 right now before I sleep. Ill w you when im 80.
Drizzit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigsby on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Did heroic, great guy who is well up for trying new things (did quite a few heroic achievements with few wipes.) Accepted on trial alongside Natulini.

Rigsby/Tightbriefs

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top