Latest topics
» hello all
Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:41 am by Itsybitsy

» Members Forum Access
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

71% 71% [ 5 ]
29% 29% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

2v2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2v2

Post  Hendie on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:28 am

Looking for some1 who is willing to make a 2v2 (ill give u the 80g) and loose 20 games and go 0-20.
Therefore you would be the lowest rank team on the bg (maybe shared but wont matter) and on wednesday we could work out a glad range. Let me know if interested ^^

Hendie
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2v2

Post  Subeam on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:40 am

Gosh, i wonder where those rumours about wintrading come from. Razz
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Naatzors on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 am

Hendie payed me and ronab 500g each to lose to him

Naatzors
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:09 am

How is losing 20 matches (agreed on forehand) going to give you information about howmany active teams are on the battlegroup? Genuine question, i'm interested in this.
And isn't there some sort of list of arena teams? Along with their ratings (which can be a reasonable indicator for how active they are.. Zax and i for example are very unactive, hence we have 0 rating Very Happy)? And if not, why not? Makes no sense, really. There's lists of pretty much everything, various for pve (even for achievement point geeks), figures there's also a list for pvp.
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 am

Subeam wrote:How is losing 20 matches (agreed on forehand) going to give you information about howmany active teams are on the battlegroup? Genuine question, i'm interested in this.

every week you get your rank assigned, and when you click your team you can find out what rank your team is on.

Subeam wrote:And isn't there some sort of list of arena teams? Along with their ratings (which can be a reasonable indicator for how active they are.. Zax and i for example are very unactive, hence we have 0 rating Very Happy)?

List isn't very accurate, since the only official one only shows the top 5000 teams. Ratings change around the clock, so it's hard to collect the data.

Subeam wrote:Makes no sense, really.

It does, since it's commonly used. ^^

Anyway, I can help you out on my rogue if u want Hendié, but I doubt I'm gonna pass by on Ghostlands before wednesday >.>
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 am

Felhaya wrote:
Anyway, I can help you out on my rogue if u want Hendié, but I doubt I'm gonna pass by on Ghostlands before wednesday >.>

Why where you hiding now? Very Happy
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hendie on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:16 am

Subeam wrote:How is losing 20 matches (agreed on forehand) going to give you information about howmany active teams are on the battlegroup? Genuine question, i'm interested in this.
And isn't there some sort of list of arena teams? Along with their ratings (which can be a reasonable indicator for how active they are.. Zax and i for example are very unactive, hence we have 0 rating Very Happy)? And if not, why not? Makes no sense, really. There's lists of pretty much everything, various for pve (even for achievement point geeks), figures there's also a list for pvp.

Pretty much what shy said, it only records the top 5000 teams. So the only way to find out is to become the lowest ranked active team, to be active u need to of played 20 games. Then you can find out 0.5% of the total number of active teams. Also on armoury it shows all teams including inactive, but your ingame rank takes away the unactive teams Smile

I think thaya has agreed to do it on his mage ^^

Hendie
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:27 am

So the only way to find out is to become the lowest ranked active team, to be active u need to of played 20 games. Then you can find out 0.5% of the total number of active teams.

0.5% .. Where does that number come from? And how do you find it out? When you're lowest rank active, you get a list of that 0.5% other active teams? I'm confused, clueless and intrigued. o.O

@ Shy: People are getting killed every minute of every day, so i'd say it's pretty common. Still doesn't make sense to me though. Saying something makes sense, because it's common isn't exactly an answer. :/
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 am

Beaker wrote:Why where you hiding now? Very Happy

migrated Shy to another BG since Ghostlands horde is completely dead, Vindication is completely ignored by Blizzard ànd also dead and on top of all Desu spent most of his time on his DK Crying or Very sad
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 am

Subeam wrote:0.5% .. Where does that number come from? And how do you find it out? When you're lowest rank active, you get a list of that 0.5% other active teams? I'm confused, clueless and intrigued. o.O

0.5% is the gladiator cut-off, so if you know what the lowest rank is, you can calculate what the top 0.5% of the entire population is...

Subeam wrote:@ Shy: People are getting killed every minute of every day, so i'd say it's pretty common. Still doesn't make sense to me though. Saying something makes sense, because it's common isn't exactly an answer. :/

This has been asked on the suggestions-forum before once, to increase the range of the top 5000 teams, and the answer was the cross-realm lists are way harder to keep up with database-wise than single realm-lists.
To reverse your way of thinking though: it's not because you don't think it makes sense, that it doesn't make sense. Razz
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jantimir on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:43 am

Felhaya wrote:
Beaker wrote:Why where you hiding now? Very Happy

migrated Shy to another BG since Ghostlands horde is completely dead, Vindication is completely ignored by Blizzard ànd also dead and on top of all Desu spent most of his time on his DK Crying or Very sad

Wich battlegroup u haunting now?
Jantimir
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Darn, you got me there, Fel Very Happy Ok, rephrasing: I'm a nab who has no idea how all of this pvp stuff works, so alot of it isn't -yet- making sense to me. (better, hmm?)
But, i'm learning! - Thanks, Zax Wink
I can understand that reasoning for the lists. Especially with data changing so quickly, way faster than the average pve "rating". (aka, which guild killed what bosses)

So, next nab question would be, what's a gladiator cut-off? Is that based on the matchmaking system? (i quite like that, i have to say.. i'm a nab, got nabby pvp gear, so i'm matched up against nabs with nabby pvp gear, giving me a chance to learn a few tricks before getting steamrolled over, wtfpwnd and generally raped)

ps: Yes, i realize i come across an idiot having to ask things which are probably as common to pvp-ers as bosstactics, rotations and other pve shizzle is to me. But, i firmly believe it's better to ask questions which make me look like an idiot for a short time, than to not ask and never learn. Hah! (right? o.O)
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

First of all gz on worldwide winner again Razz

I think you're complicating it too much... You know how the rating system works, right? The more rating you have, the higher your rank. At the end of the arena season, the top 0.5% of ALL teams on the battlegroup get the gladiator-title... ^^
For example: if there are 5000 teams, only the top 25 (? it's pretty late atm xD) of them get Gladiator. Razz

@ last point: idd, you're right Wink
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Welshknight on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm

I hope i dont sound patronizing but im just suming everything up ^^

Basicly Hendie wants someone to lose 20 games, to be the lowest rank team on the battlegroup. And in that team, it'l tell them what rank they are, showing hendie how many teams there are on the battlegroup, with this number hendie will work out the top 0.5% of all teams. So say theres 30 teams that will get gladiator, hendie will look at the top 30, and make sure he's in the top 30 by the end of the season, knowing what rating he has to aim for to get gladiator, without this, he'd just have to guess, and do the best he can, without guaranteeing the title.
Welshknight
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Yeah Subeam, you will get a title according to the rank your team has on your battlegroup

How to obtain PvP titles?

There are 4 different titles

If you're not in top 35%, you wont get any titles

If you're in top 35%, you will get the "Challenger" title
If you're in top 10%, you will get the "Rival" title and the "Challenger" title
If you're in top 3%, you will get the "Duelist" title, the "Rival" title and the "Challenger" title
If you're in top 0.5%, you will get all of above titles, plus the "Gladiator" title (the Gladiator title, is to PvP'ers, the only pro one of the 4). Furthermore, if you get the "Gladiator" title, you will also receive a Frostwyrm mount which looks really awesome and has 310% flight speed, just like the high-end PvE achievement proto-drakes.

Finally, if your ultimately NUMBER ONE!!! in your battlegroup you will get the title "xxx Gladiator", where 'xxx' will be the name of the current arena season, in season 6's case, "Furious Gladiator".

What about the different brackets?

2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 aren't mixed together, so that means there will be a ranking list for 2v2, a ranking list for 3v3 and one for 5v5...

To iron out any misunderstandings, that basicly means that top 0.5% ranked teams of 2v2 will get the "Gladiator" title, the top 0.5% ranked teams of 3v3 will get the "Gladiator" title, and the top 0.5% ranked teams of 5v5 will get the "Gladiator" title

Will you keep your titles from an earlier season when titles from a newer season is handed out?

When titles from a newer season is given out, all earlier PvP titles will be erased, and new ones will be handed out. So if you earned "Duelist" in season 5, but only "Rival" in season 6, you will lose your "Duelist" title.

There's one exception though.

the rank 1 teams, who have gotten "Merciless Gladiator", "Vengeful Gladiator", "Brutal Gladiator" or "Deadly Gladiator", will still keep their rank one title

---

Hope that cleared out any misunderstandings lol
Fanthom
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:41 pm

Yep, loads ^^ I had no idea how that worked with the titles, lol. Thanks. Smile

ps: don't settle for gladiator, go for being #1 Razz
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 am

Subeam wrote:ps: don't settle for gladiator, go for being #1 Razz

#1 is mostly set away for the season's FOTM setup, being slslwarlock/druid in s2, warrior/druid in s3 warrior/druid in s4 and DK/hpal last season (rogue/mage and rogue/druid were quite strong as well, but not as much as the ones I mentioned) Razz

3v3 has always been dominated by rogue/mage/priest and lock/druid/warrior to some extent. last season i think it was dk/hunter/hpal Razz

too much info ye? Cool
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hendie on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 am

Subeam wrote:Yep, loads ^^ I had no idea how that worked with the titles, lol. Thanks. Smile

Me thayanos and spooks are going for rank 1 in 3v3 ! Very Happy /cheer us on! Currently rank 3 and less than 20 points behind rank 1.

Hendie
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 am

Hendie wrote:
Subeam wrote:Yep, loads ^^ I had no idea how that worked with the titles, lol. Thanks. Smile

Me thayanos and spooks are going for rank 1 in 3v3 ! Very Happy /cheer us on! Currently rank 3 and less than 20 points behind rank 1.

Cleave scrubs, nobrainer comp, I hope you fail!!!

.. na, gl :p
Fanthom
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Subeam on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 am

Goodluck with getting to rank 1 Very Happy
Subeam
Gone, but not forgotten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Felhaya on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:09 am

Hendie wrote:Me thayanos and spooks are going for rank 1 in 3v3 ! Very Happy /cheer us on! Currently rank 3 and less than 20 points behind rank 1.

Bah, hate your comp ;/ Sad

No offense ofc, gl getting rank 1 Wink
but I just hate anything with a DK champ, most of them actually think they're pretty good as well :/
Felhaya
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thayanos on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 am

Did the 0-20 team yesterday with my mage and Skarlocks fresh lock. We actually had to leave the arena couple of times to prevent us from winning. I was only spamming slow/barrage/fire blast in bad pve spec/gear and yet we would have won few games, was funny Smile . That means we'll have some sort of idea on wednesday how many teams will get the title in 2's.

Rank 5686 and 0.5% out of that is about 28 so that gives atleast some direction for cutoff.

Thayanos
Eternals Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum