Latest topics
» hello all
Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:41 am by Itsybitsy

» Members Forum Access
Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

71% 71% [ 5 ]
29% 29% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7


Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Characters name: Icestorm
Class: Priest
Race: Night Elf
Armory link: I am afraid the armoury is down at the time of post due to patching Sad, but as soon as it is back up i will post it Smile
UI screenshot: http://images.wowstead.com/23704/38.jpg
Played Time on your character: honestly no idea i think it might be around 75-100 days
Profesions and level of professions: currently none because i am going to be retraining, but i dont know what to :S
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes and it varies since the patch has come out, but i have heard most people are having the same problem

What other characters do you have? I have a level 60 DK, nothing to brag about but its a start Razz



Raid times and Experience:


We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)

Monday 19:30-00:00 - No - I am afraid i have commitments to badminton
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - No - again commitments to badminton
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes/No (probably about 00:00 - 01:00)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (00:00 - 01:00)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes - But come september it depends on whether i have badminton matches

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what? Nothing spectacular i am afraid, just done the odd few because i never really did raids until WOTLK because i just wanted to get to 80 asap.

Character specific questions:


Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.

I have currently not got the best gear in the game (well no where near) but i also admit i have not been playing all that long so have not had the chance to get amazing gear, but if i got accepted into Eternals then i will gear up as best i can with the time i have and prepare myself for any raids .

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

I have gone with as much +sp as i can at the moment because i was lacking in that department, but as my gear has got better i am slowly turning over into +int because as a holy priest it gives me 1) More mana, 2) more spell power, 3) more Mp5 (which cant be bad)

What glyphs are you using and why?

I am currently using: Major = Guardian Spirit, , Minor = Shadowfiend, (can't remember the others because of patching)


Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

The only off-spec gear i would like to point out is my T7 shoulders, and titansteel guardian and violet hold off hand, and also sun-dial, but other than that i dont have much to shout about Sad


We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

I have been thinking a long time about which profession i should choose because i dont think i could have picked worse ones Sad. so what ever suits the guild best i will choose and level.


General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?


Velocity Gaming - very fun but not as many raids as i would have liked to have done, and progress was quite slow.


What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

i feel i would provide a solid raid healer, and my strengths are quick reactions and being able to think on the spot if something goes slightly wrong so i can adapt and make the ebst out of the circumstances, i feel a holy priest has very good raid healing capabilites because of Circle of Healing and Binding heal affecting so many people in the raid, also when you need to dish out some single target our heals can be very effective and we also provide very good HPS.


What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

I would like priests to be able to have some more HoT's because renew isnt really enough to choose from.


What do you think you can add to Eternals? I would like to think i can add my personality on vent (slightly over-active, funny [or so i have been told] and i enjoy having a laugh but when it needs to get serious i will), also willing to try anything once and do almost anything to make me a better player in the game.



What do you think Eternals can do for you?

I think eternals can offer me the chance to raid more and progress faster in game, also the social side of the game on vent etc. and having something to talk about each day Smile



Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

James, im 16 (yes i know its young), Bristol UK, my interests are badminton as i am sure you have gathered by now, i also like to dabble in climbing,mountain biking and the odd spot of rugby, i was recently made redundant as a climbing instructor, and my family are naggy but if i do what i am told throughout the day they are ok and let me raid til late.


Additional information which you would like to name? Umm nothing springs to mind at this current point in time so sorry to disappoint Razz and also sorry that i couldnt post some things but at time of application the armoury was under maintanence due to patch 3.1.2
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 am

right i can give an update, just finished a naxx 10man and got some gloves andT7 shoulders for holy spec,

Major Glyphs : Guardian Spirit, Prayer of Healing, Spirit of Redemption
Minor Glyphs: Shadowfiend, Fortitude, Levitate

Armoury link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Icestorm

i do have around 1886 Spell power from inner fire Smile
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Desulól on Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

icestorm wrote:
What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

I would like priests to be able to have some more HoT's because renew isnt really enough to choose from.

What makes you say that?

Would you not use renew at all on fights where there is lots of aoe damage?
avatar
Desulól
Eternals Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2009-03-09
Age : 24
Location : Iceland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 9:32 am

Desulól wrote:
icestorm wrote:
What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

I would like priests to be able to have some more HoT's because renew isnt really enough to choose from.

What makes you say that?

Would you not use renew at all on fights where there is lots of aoe damage?

i say that because when you have fights where you do lots of raid healing and your CoH is on CD i would like to have a couple of HoT's that i could put on say casters where it can just slowly tick over and heal them which gives me more time to focus on the ones with slightly bigger health problems
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Desulól on Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 am

Roll a druid then? Very Happy

But yeah you just described Renew there, a hot that heals inbetween CoH cooldown Laughing
There's always 2 ways to work around the CoH cooldown, 3flash heals and a quick PoH, or renew spam. ofcourse keeping PoM bouncing each cooldown.

which one do you prefer atm?
avatar
Desulól
Eternals Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2009-03-09
Age : 24
Location : Iceland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 am

i am liking the sound of both but i think i would go for the 3 flash heals because it is slightly more mana efficient and can heal for that bit more
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 pm

also i only just thought Razz

i HoT that maybe does not do as much per tick but has a nice final heal on the end when it finishes ticking would be nice Smile
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Rigsby on Wed May 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Desu, can you please take note of the other application where Thesage asked people to quit baby lecturing. One of the first new apps posted after and you do it again. I don't wish to argue it here, if you have a come back then address it to me or an officer in game. From now on, baby lecturing posts will be edited with a massive bold text saying "IM A NAB WHO CANT LISTEN".

P.S.

also willing to try anything once

Define anything? Very Happy

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

Posts : 816
Join date : 2008-10-12

View user profile http://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 12:26 pm

well maybe changing spec to suit the guild and trying different gems and enchants to maximise different parts, eg.. HPS, single target healing or group healing and just trying out different combinations which you suggest and see what best suits my style of play
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Fanthom on Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 pm

icestorm wrote:well maybe changing spec to suit the guild and trying different gems and enchants to maximise different parts, eg.. HPS, single target healing or group healing and just trying out different combinations which you suggest and see what best suits my style of play

You have no idea what he actually meant :>
avatar
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Posts : 522
Join date : 2009-01-18
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 12:28 pm

would i want to know?? Razz cause i am getting some scary thoughts right about now Shocked
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm

I apologise in advance for being Male NE Sad
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Saphirejaffa on Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 pm

icestorm wrote:I apologise in advance for being Male NE Sad

Only because an issue if your a hunter or Fanthom Very Happy
avatar
Saphirejaffa
Eternals Member

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-10
Location : Yorkshire MASSIVEEE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Desulól on Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Tightbriefs wrote:Desu, can you please take note of the other application where Thesage asked people to quit baby lecturing. One of the first new apps posted after and you do it again. I don't wish to argue it here, if you have a come back then address it to me or an officer in game. From now on, baby lecturing posts will be edited with a massive bold text saying "IM A NAB WHO CANT LISTEN".

P.S.

also willing to try anything once

Define anything? Very Happy
Edited for arguing it.

IM A NAB WHO CANT LISTEN

Please take this edit tongue in cheek, but seriously, talk to me in game and I will explain Razz
avatar
Desulól
Eternals Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2009-03-09
Age : 24
Location : Iceland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 2:58 pm

Saphirejaffa wrote:
icestorm wrote:I apologise in advance for being Male NE Sad

Only because an issue if your a hunter or Fanthom Very Happy

hehe thats ok then Smile jsut i have got many thousands of links on my old guild of how being a male NE is sacrilidge and should be punished Razz
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Saphirejaffa on Wed May 20, 2009 3:06 pm

icestorm wrote:
Saphirejaffa wrote:
icestorm wrote:I apologise in advance for being Male NE Sad

Only because an issue if your a hunter or Fanthom Very Happy

hehe thats ok then Smile jsut i have got many thousands of links on my old guild of how being a male NE is sacrilidge and should be punished Razz

They were still correct in saying that Razz
avatar
Saphirejaffa
Eternals Member

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-10
Location : Yorkshire MASSIVEEE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm

oh great Smile i have got used to the banter so im sure if i get into Eternals i will fit right in Razz
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Vanity on Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Sigh at all the comments posted on the forum ;/. Personally i do not think you are geared enough for the role we need a holy priest, we are currently pushing hardmodes and alot of competition on uldar loot. I also know and understand you have RL commitments which will infringe on your raiding availibility.

We currently have 1 very active and excellent holy priest, and one who is currently afk for RL reasons.

If you work hard and start grinding some better gear and alter your spec, how long have you been 80 for?, do you have any 10 man or 25man uldar experience?

Curious to some choices in your holy spec? like desperate prayer? and no 2/2 in healing focus, fight like XT where you get constantly damage with serverely affect your ability to cast and there for your healing ability. I suggest answer your reasons and check Jeti spec of http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Jeti&gn=Eternals and suggest ways for yourself to improve.

Good luck

Van
avatar
Vanity
Eternals Member

Posts : 131
Join date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Fanthom on Wed May 20, 2009 7:38 pm

I envy you for not being me, Saph... It must be hard Sad
avatar
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Posts : 522
Join date : 2009-01-18
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 9:04 pm

i have been 80 for 5days and 19 hours atm... and i am always changing my spec atm just to try and find something that suits my playing style..so thanks for the tip Smile
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Wed May 20, 2009 9:05 pm

and i am afraid i have no ulduar experience at the moment although i am reading up on tactics alot so i am fully prepared when i come to do it
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 pm

i know it is sad of me but i actually got to heal in an OS25 with some people from Eternals today Razz

was much fun Smile
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Ronab on Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey there, currently we feel you lack the experience in your role and in raids to fit into our raid group. As such we have to decline. If in the future you wish to reapply, youre more than welcome to do so!

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2008-10-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  icestorm on Fri May 22, 2009 4:30 am

Ronab wrote:Hey there, currently we feel you lack the experience in your role and in raids to fit into our raid group. As such we have to decline. If in the future you wish to reapply, youre more than welcome to do so!

ok well thanks for the chance anyway Smile

lets hope we raid again soon Razz
avatar
icestorm

Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 25
Location : Bristol UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Priest, Holy - Icestorm (Declined)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum