Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Vote_lcap60%[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Vote_lcap40%[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath

2 posters

Go down

[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Empty [OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath

Post  Meo Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Physical DPS:
  • Herbalism = 66.7AP (average, requires consumables)
  • Skinning = 25 Crit rating
  • Alchemy = 64 AP (Flask of Endless Rage)
  • Enchanting = 64 AP
  • Jewelcrafting = 42 AP or 21 AGI or 21 STR or 21 Crit Rating or 21 Haste Rating or 21 Hit Rating or 177 ArPen
  • Jewelcrafting = 62 AP or 31 AGI or 31 STR etc. (counts avoiding using a blue gem instead of a red for meta requirements)
  • Blacksmithing = 80 AP or 40 AGI or 40 STR or 40 Crit Rating or 40 Haste Rating or 40 Hit Rating or 280 ArPen
  • Leatherworking = 64 AP
  • Inscription = 64 AP

check Summary of Profession Perks for more information.

Last edited by Meo on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Meo
Meo
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Empty Re: [OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Some of the very late LW stuff in TBC is the best in-game - having looked at some of the new loot and the above post it looks to me that Blizz are looking to reward us LW'ers with some nice gear and ofc the new leg and 114 AP (Fur Lining: Attack Power) bonus (vs. enchant) = 64 AP - I already have JC which is a nice money maker plus, until the patch, best in-slot neck in the game. JC only trinks and gems are great aswell. You can always buy flasks, glyphs etc but can't get the nice gems, necks, LW only items - the next comparable one I guess is enchanting, apart from the ring enchants everything is accessable.

"Jewelcrafting allows gem color freedom in up to 3 sockets
- Jewelcrafting allows you to gain stats that the other professions don't give at all (ArPen, +hit, expertise, +def etc.)
- Jewelcrafting only gems will be way easier to obtain than the epic gems they are compared to since they are crafted from blues (depending on recipe source)
- Jewelcrafting makes meta gem requirements (especially 2 blues req.) much easier if not trivial and confers a bonus that way (avoiding having to use suboptimal gems etc.)"

I'll be sticking with LW & JC - best combo for me although without the gathering skill to compliment them it will be expensive for sure. cyclops

Back to top Go down

[OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath Empty Re: [OLD] Profession comparison in Wrath

Post  Meo Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:29 am

ye indeed, i'm eng +jc now and i was investigating if i should drop engineering because it doesnt give that much. for example the new eng. headpiece isnt as great as the BC one was.

so i might LW as well or Swordsmith for the 2 extra gem slots and maybe nice craftable weapons Idea
Meo
Meo
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 am

Ye - if a profession gives best in-slot items for us rogues, no matter their item level, then imo it can be worth it, particularly if you are in a good raiding guild like ours. Also LW gives items in various gear slots not just one, provides armor patches and drums etc. If we are doing a profession for gear items then LW has no rival for us obviously. I know some of the best in-slot gear seems unobtainable but being in a raiding guild and thinking you will never see that boss dead for you to get that upgrade is the wrong attitude. Thinking "we can and we will beat this bastard" is the way to go - you potentially get your best in-slot item and hey presto - the guild is a little stronger - everyone's a winner baby afro

Let the girly classes take the other professions we "need" lol!

And if you are short of cash, tap Reese up, he's loaded santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragingal Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:08 am

Meo wrote:
so i might LW as well or Swordsmith for the 2 extra gem slots and maybe nice craftable weapons Idea

Atm it doesnt matter what kind of Blacksmith you are (armour, sword, hammer etc) all weapons and armour are craftable by all Blacksmiths
Ragingal
Ragingal
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum