Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Vote_lcap60%Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Vote_lcap40%Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted)

+2
Itsybitsy
Rigsby
6 posters

Go down

Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Empty Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted)

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:50 am

General information

Character name: Twicc; yes I am back in Ghostlands and WoW after 6-7month away from Ghostlands
Class: Hunter
Race: Drenai
Armory link: http://eu.blizzard.com/maintenance.htm?r=Ghostlands&n=Twicc
might be changed cos I Transfer first from Shattered Hand back to Ghostlands and also change Fraction back to Alliance
UI screenshot: need to wait cos of patch 4.0.1
Played Time on your character (and how much of that at level 80):need to wait cos of patch 4.0.1 but it is much
Professions and level of professions: Inscription and JC both max
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Yes I do have good internet think 60mbit

What other characters do you have?
Just low level, will do some new when Catalyst comes out in Dec

Raid times and Experience

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - No Cos I play Floorball from 20:00 to around 22:30
Friday 19:30-03:xx - Yes/
Saturday 19:30-03:xx - Yes/
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes/

I can play rather much cos I have fixed my restaurants that they are going without my presence

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

Yes

http://www.pugchecker.com/index.php?name=Twicc&server=Ghostlands-EU&x=80&y=17

What raiding experience do you have in WotLK? Please include which bosses you've done on heroic mode.
Sadly none in ICC, but more in Ulduar and TOC

http://www.pugchecker.com/index.php?name=Twicc&server=Ghostlands-EU&x=80&y=17

Character specific questions

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future, meaning which stats do you prioritize and why.

Well As you can see I am 5month behind in gear, and today Blizz change Arp to haste so everything gonna be new and learning from beginning again, gonna be fun Smile But my old thought was MM with Arp I was softcap and could prob do MM with Agil maybe 0.5k more dps, but that dident affect my damage so I did not change to Agil I did stay with arp softcap and fixed it higher in the end before i quit play wow

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Twicc

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
This is old news now cos of patch 4.0.1 however I was going for MM Arp cos was the best as a hunter. and will continue go MM but have SV as offspecc
Gems and enchant i had teh best for MM arp class, I read up much hunters forum

or maybe gonna learn BM (offspecc)cos it is from today equal to SV

What glyphs are you using and why?

I will tell what new stuff i will have from todays patch I have been reading up

The prime glyphs
is impacting my dps. Currently seems like the following are going to be the best choices; however, will be interesting to do some testing on the Chimera Shot glyph once I see what the final Chimera Shot effects are.
• Glyph of Arcane Shot
• Glyph of Steady Shot
• Glyph of Kill Shot
MM Major Glyphs

Most of the major glyphs are not going to have a direct impact on my dps. They are oriented around pvp, Personally I’m a huge fan of using Disengage to minimize time wasted on movement, I think that the Disengage glyph is an dps-increasing glyph.
• Glyph of Disengage
• …whatever
MM Minor Glyphs

Similar to major glyphs, the minor glyphs aren’t going to increase my dps. However there are few enough choices that I do think the following three are the best choices.
• Glyph of Mend Pet
• Glyph of Feign Death
• Glyph of Revive Pet

Could you point out the strong points and focus of your spec?
not on new patch, but old foucs was going hardcap of MM arp

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
My offspecc was SV agil can play that as good as MM, i would change if Guild/raids need me to change

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

I can reroll if needed but i think i have the two best for raiding, JC and Inscript

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?

I was the old GM of Angels of Darkness, and AoD did struggle with getting players for raids, as we changed it from a around 500players guild to close to an hardcore guild, but failed....did burn out many players who either stopped playing wow or change Guild, I was also very burned out and tried to find a way stop playing wow for a while, cos of many reasons. First did not feel it was fun when my co GM did join Eternals of good reasons ofc (he was also burned out) But I felt responsibility to AoD Guild, as I had it for around 3years as GM. At the time been I did open an Restaurant and did notice I will not have time playing WOW at all. I did try to join Lost but did small mistakes in the Apply or they did not want me anyhow So I did an transfer to Shattered Hand to an Swedish Hardcore guild (Similar to Lost progress what they were 8month ago) mostly cos to try out an guild who no one knows me and that I know I would quit WoW for a longer period so would be easier to not have any personal feelings and commitment for any of the members, and Yes I like all the members in AoD so leaving was the hardest thing I could do...

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

I have been in The Horde and seen a very good guilds in other realms and played with them also noticed all 25players is important in a raid, so all should have 100% focus in raidleader when fights starts... Raiders relax when RL says so....My role is to do most damage and not die also if I have time to see if any of the other range did something wrong, and ofc keep healers alive see that no add is on them... and also keep lower on the aggro than the tanks...I usually whisper them if I notice something, in AoD the best players did carry the weight for the players not so good, and I did noticed that much more when I was in the Swedish hardcore guild when none did any mistakes and when they did it was very rare.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

I changed to Dreani to gain more health/healing and want to try out diffrent from Night elf and blood elf as a hunter,

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

friendship, matureness, be on time for raids, help people if they need any help in raids, Q etc also if you want help in any admin stuff
And I know a lot of hunter caracter even that i have been away around 5month

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

Ofc be a better player as I have noticed you doing great in new Ruby Sanctum and ICC HC also Eternals have the best from AoD in the guild so I will meet old friends and gain new ones Smile

Do you know anyone from Eternals who might have something nice to say about you?

No AoD players will lol well I hope they remember the nights when we did party and the long talks we used to have Wink
Trumpetka my old co GM, missed his sense of humor and is slacking in the healing Wink
Potions well none can be more trusted player, if i did say change caracter from Hilarious to Potions and he did it very good
Palabulous really knows what he is doing but then he is an doctor irl
Kashah can prob be the best mage is she would stay more sober Wink
Xida there is a good healer who also become a good friend with all the talks we used to have
Joik well his record speaks for this Norweagan dude the damn one always beat me in Damage done ;(
Kordin, the most person i really love to tease, he has comment back all the time
Slotsclassic really knows what he is doing

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
Mikael, 35 years, live in Stockholm but come from Kiruna, I own an Restaurant (soon two), love beer but dont drink so much, i workout a bit more, no families so meaing no one to nag at me and work well if I nag at my self lol

Additional information which you would like to name?
I know Hunters is crowded in many guilds so find a spot will be hard for me, and as I have also been away for 5-6month I am a bit behind in gear and can agree to an Social status in Eternals and help out when a spot is free and in that way prove my self in the future to get an Spot for dream team Wink

I will be very active so no worrie in that... And as many of rest of you I look forward to new patch for today and also 7 of December... Whoooohaaaa

I hope I did not miss anything, in case I did pls just ask me some Q =D

CHeers
Twicc Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted) Empty Re: Hunter MM - Twicc (Accepted)

Post  Rigsby Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 am

Do you know how to MD? And do you fully understand the mechanism of MD?

If he does, get him in! Already better than 50% of our hunters! Very Happy

Rigsby
Guild Master
Guild Master

https://eternalsguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 am

Well Seems I forget i use to tell about MD lol

Well I always start a boss fight with MD on MT, back in the days was Walerian mostly cos he was MT in AoD then MD Palabolous when needed or vice versa. All depended on how good the tank was and really good DPS was in the raid, ofc i slacked sometimes when tank was to good compare to DPS, but the DPS from AoD was good, But yes I use MD in my rotation and you would see that if i had an screendump of my caracter

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:59 am

Would you MD on a mage if the raidleader tells you to?
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 am

Ofc, RL rules/control the raids lol, Btw I love to MD Kordin and Quizzig was an favourite to tease Wink

I just joke, but also I dont, I dont need to MD an Mage but could do that for fun if I know the person and tease him/her

The Mage maybe want to be top aggro lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 am

Sounds good to me.
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 am

Just looked at your gear. Why do you have yellow gems in your red sockets and red gems in your yellow sockets?

Does your meta gem work with no blue gem in your gear?
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 am

Eternals now only has 1 hunter, Kpa has left for pastures new Sad. Obviously with the upcoming changes its hard to provide too much insight, and as with the armory down its hard for me to look at previous gear, talent choices and pet talent choices to provide any real feedback. MD mechanics change again though I believe, unless they've been making a song and dance about it in a few updates without really changing anything. On another note Rigs, my MD's are sublime now, and shall be once more. It was the irritating pierching shots triggering it if I cast it a bit too soon.

I'm not sure how much you're aware of with the upcoming hunter changes but there has been more changes already partially to see MM become more competitive. Whether it has worked as of yet is unknown, aimed shots scaling has gone from 31% scaling RAP to 48% and explosive has gone up a few % whilst the 10% agility proc has gone down to just 2%.

I'm pretty much inclined to say we do need another hunter now, but I have no way to provide feedback on this guy but he seems up to date on the latest changes which is pretty good. The only thing which could be insightful woudl be if you remember what your priority shots were back in day, macros, pet spec and those kinds of things.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trumpetka Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:55 am

Hello Twicc,

your application made me cry and laugh at same moment.
All those memories, all those bills for shrinks, everything is back.

No matter what is the decision, was nice to see you and if you are joining this team, I will always have my 100 fish feasts ready to celebrate end of your trial.
Good luck mate.
Trumpetka
Trumpetka
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagareboshi Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 am

We need more Swedes
Good Luck
Nagareboshi
Nagareboshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlysnake Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:07 am

Am i glad he forgot to add me:), still good luck m8

Deadlysnake
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 am

Well Itsy did link me to something else which showed me your gear and flagged up something of a bit of interest, there's no nightmare tear in your gear (or the other smaller one) yet your meta requires 1 yellow (which you now have) and 1 blue (which isn't present at all). Seems worth flagging up as its a daft but small mistake to make just wondering what the reason behind it was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:10 am

Tbh this suprized me as well

http://www.pugchecker.com/index.php?name=Twicc&server=Ghostlands-EU&x=52&y=20

It says crit on the gems, I would say they are fucked up, cos I know i had alsmost all gems softcap on Arp so I have no idea why I have crit instead, then again I might have tried new stuff cos me and the other hunter in the Swedish hardcore guild did try out diffrent stuff in gems and enchant mostly to learn how the hell some hunters think when they specc in special ways. I think each specc is more how the play style is. But I cant remember at all i specc crit gems, so my beleave it is cos of the update of new patch, cos Arp gonna disapear for hunters and will be haste instead, so Blizz might change things...

Lol Deadlysnake, i did forget you and two more from what i have seen now...

txs Trump we will see how this goes cos i know I am a bit rusty, but last nights pug raid in icc 10 i was still top damage at least in that pug lol

Well Santy got a good point, I will try to remember all my rotations, but might miss something cos I cant login atm in to see exact and sorry i cant remember all in my head so will some mistakes now: And when i login all will be changed...

My pet is an Wolf as it used to be best HUnters pet

Prepare before fight
food dont remember name now, but more arp
and pet food dont remember name
Elixir of Armor Piercing
Elixir of Mighty Thoughts cos i was a bit low on mana on Blood elf
MD tank
take haste flask 2 sec before fight starts, why cos then i can take another one in the fight

arrrrh also took speed something cant remember that name either
then i have had my rotation hmm might be little wrong now:

Hunter’s Mark
Serpent Sting

Chimera Shot
Aimed Shot
(Arcane Shot ( if/when i move)) cos i had 264 weapon
Steady Shot
Silencing Shot (whenever available)
Kill Shot
MD again if needed
use rendless to get another killshot and take away cooldown
haste flask

and continue this hole fight

The MM hunter shot rotation is basically playing press whatever you want well not really but when cooldown is out press the god damn button, with some kind of order but gonna change with new patch so will be more fun in my eyes

Again i might missed something yes trueshoot aura i think was called was always up

oh forgot, I was a bit old school in macros and did not used them on MM I had macros more on SV mostly cos the rotation was not set in stone as MM

Back to top Go down

Post  Curzed Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 am

Thank you for your application, it's under discussion and we will get back to you.
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 am

Well you had missed a couple of tricks with macros which increased dps (notably combining kill command and silencing shot with your Chimera, Aimed and Arcane Shots) they're not huge gains but using silencing shot manually usually meant you would miss a GCD as you'd have to act go and press/click it usually before a steady shot or something meaning you would overall be slightly reducing your dps.

The mechanics of both those abilities have since changed however so the macros are no longer relevant.

I actually think the +20 arp gems are changing to +20 crit rating as they did that to me on the PTR.

All in all he seems to know the outlines of the class, perhaps trump can provide an account of how well he did back yonder but we need another hunter purely because the only other person I'm aware in guild who even has one is Itsy and since he's mainly a tank it rules out the viability in a lot of instances (hmm that works well with both meanings Razz). With a distinct lack of hunter applications recently we may as well give this guy a shot I can talk him through hunter situations in the few fights we do something different. I also need somebody new to discuss in raid hunter stuff with such as stat items and whatnot now that Kpa is gone Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:58 am

-Santy in AoD I was the only hunter out of six who tried new stuff and did read up on forums, in the Swedish guild I had another hunter who did the same, but he was a bit young 16, and his matureness was of his age, I have no problem in age, but he was unmature so was not so fun to "chat" about diffrent hunters stragies and boss fights.

I think a hunter can be top damage and do much more in a raid, however it is more fun with at least 2 hunters+interest to chat about hunter caracter, a hunter at least several month back was so easy for everyone and to much populair that to many rolled a hunter and hunters did get bad reputation. Anyhow good hunters who knows what they do, can really be usefull for a raid Wink

And I am glad at least one in Eternals like and knows about hunters Smile to be alone is not fun as you say...I know even that AoD had many many hunters

Back to top Go down

Post  Itsybitsy Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:04 am

I know Rigsby likes peeps who try out new stuff. Twisted Evil
Itsybitsy
Itsybitsy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 am

Hey again

As new patch did arrive I have now changed into the new talent, rotations, gems glyphs, reforge etc
And have taken the info from http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

I am not 100% sure the current config of hunters is best many still argue how to do about mastery contra crit, etc
But from i so far been reading Agil is best gems atm

When I check either pugchecker or my wow armory it still says I have crit gems etc well I have Agil gems

Dont know if it is relivant info but would be for me if i am sitting in your chears and voting Smile

/Cheers Twicc

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 am

Are you still playing MM at the moment? There's not a lot of feedback anyone can provide really, the armory is still down and no one knows the sweet spot between crit, haste and mastery for each of the 3 specs. The only thing which is clear is mastery is less effective for BM than the other 2, and that crit needs to be around 60%. It's getting there but still no clear cut answer to anything, SV and BM only suffer because they don't yet have cobra shot - once they do and it replaces steady shot for those specs, whilst reapplying serpent sting it will make things very different, for SV especially.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 am

Yes true, MM is from what I have read still best choice for raids, BM and SV is more queal now, however BM is still more for pvp even though many hunter forums talk about having BM in raids that you can change Pets and get special pet buff for raids when the raid might be missing a buff, my thought but could be wrong, is main specc hunters will be damage doers and not just provide the raid with a buff. And no I have never played with BM in a raids so I cant tell that much about how good or bad it was. But i suggest more offspecc can be BM if needed an hunter goes BM, but main specc i am unsure of SV or MM so far I started just MM and have not yet done offspecc, still reading and thinking...

I think more as you say SV might be better than MM again, but again Mastery have put things around so no clear answers yet and reforgeing is also under debate. What is better than what, so I prob need to change some small config to tweak up my dps and damage. I did test out my new gear yesterday and tbh Hunters have been nurfed a lot and not so many buffs is good for us anymore

Quote:
From all this testing it looks like right now mastery is clearly a better stat than haste. Crit and mastery seem to be very close to each other in value, from which we can deduce that crit is also better than haste. So haste still appears to be our worst stat (which is logical considering the numbers — our base focus regen is just too low) but it’s still much, much better than it was.

Agility is our best stat by the way. I have a feeling that mastery is our 2nd best stat. But of course this is at level 80, and before they do any tweaks (as I sincerely hope they do to fix our dps). end of Quote:::

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:04 am

It doesn't matter what the quotes say because different circumstances different rules apply. People haven't settled into priorities of shots yet, or really begun to crunch numbers in large amounts. Since 4.0.1 went up I've seen quotes saying haste is our most important stat, then mastery, then crit, and its still on-going now. It quickly became realised that there is no universally best stat (out of the 3) for hunters until you reach a 100% rating, but it will have to be a blend. Wouldn't surprise me if the final numbers ended up dropping between 55-60% crit, 15 - 20% haste and 10 - 15 points of mastery for MM and SV, BM probably more haste and less mastery.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:11 am

**Well Itsy did link me to something else which showed me your gear and flagged up something of a bit of interest, there's no nightmare tear in your gear (or the other smaller one) yet your meta requires 1 yellow (which you now have) and 1 blue (which isn't present at all). Seems worth flagging up as its a daft but small mistake to make just wondering what the reason behind it was.**

I forgot to talk about this above, as armory dont show correct gems still yet, I want to explain so you understand

There is a bug at least for hunters about Meta gems that we need 1yellow, 1 blue and 1 red if I dont recall wrong, you are correct, but have you once done this blue,yellow, red the Meta gem is still active when you put for example like I have done red agil gems instead, so there is the bug and I am not sad over it either Wink thats why I dont have blue or yellow gem at all atm

Soz for late replay on this matter I missed it..

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Curzed Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Accepted for trial, whisper me or any other officer ingame for an invite. Good luck!
Curzed
Curzed
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down