Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Vote_lcap60%Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Vote_lcap40%Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined)

+2
Perkyspy
Slayerwill
6 posters

Go down

Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Empty Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined)

Post  Slayerwill Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

General information:

Characters name: Slayerwill (Thinking of a name change...)
Class: Warrior
Race: Night Elf (Male)
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Slayerwill
UI screenshot: Standard UI used, with the exceptions of Stuf (Xperl like addon) and DBM
Played Time on your character: 70 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes, 45 seconds.
Profesions and level of professions: Blacksmithing (450/450) and Jewelcrafting (450/450)
Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids): Only disconnected once or twice throughout my raiding career. Usually about 70-90ms.

What other characters do you have?
My other characters are;
-80 ‘lock, half set of dungeon accessible gear
-80 hunter, couple of peices of heroic available gear
-80 shaman, all heroic gear available to my liking
-80 druid
-74 paladin
-Rest are unimportant.
The three 80 alts were being used to farm Primordial Saronite for my Shadow’s-Edge, my Armor penetration legs, and then more Primordial Saronite for gold at the auction house etc. Slayer will proceed with collecting tank gear for the occasional 10 man he has to tank if needed once I have obtained leggings.

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)
Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Till Saturday 19:30)
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx - Yes (Till Sunday 19:30)
Sunday 19:30-23:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?
Killed first boss in Kara (lol?) with a friends old guild. Apart from that; afraid not. Didn’t really like raiding after that wipefest till WOTLK, when I devoted myself to mostly raiding and improving whatever I can.

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?
10 man = All hard mode bosses killed except Yogg’saron and Algalon. Just need heroic mode Yogg'Saron and I have the epic mount from there aswell.
25 man = Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, Koralon, and the crazy robot child. Our guild wasn’t really stable (skilled enough?) at the time, so we didn’t progress as far as we should have.

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future.
There are a couple of hit rating items I would like off the second and/or third boss, and Might of Blight off Festergut. Once these have been obtained, there is a nice heroic mode bow that would boost my expertise back up to 18 (talented for an extra -2% dodge chance) from ToC 10 man, if I remember correctly.

Comment on how you’ve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.
I fully socket armor penetration at the moment. My spreadsheet works out that once I have obtained the gear I require to be nearly perfectly capped with everything, I can also follow the trends of my set bonuses minus my neck, which I will place strength in because of my already being capped with armor penetration, hit and expertise. The enchants only consist of top of the range enchants. Currently trying to find an enchanter to enchant my feet with Cat's Swiftness. Agreed it is a low level enchant, yet it can also prove to be quite useful in Icecrown.

What glyphs are you using and why?
Glyph of Bladestorm: Not good on bosses, imo, but Marrowgar proved difficult for my guild with me and a friend soloing the Bone Spikes in most cases. Can also prove helpful against Suppresors on the Valithria fight.
Glyph of Mortal Strike: When Execute is unusable, Overpower hasn’t procced, Rend is up, a nice buff on the move that hits for about 5k more than slam and is instant cast proves useful in some cases.
Glyph of Execute: Execute = pwng. Do I need say more? Already being my top priority move below rend, this can be pretty useful on the last 20% of the fight +.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?
Overcapped in defence rating. Check. Cooldowns next to each another and easily accessible. Check. The ability to hold (or attempt to) aggro. Check. Prot is a nice spec to take if you want to get into instances quickly, or if your guild requires you to tank for them. And hey, you won’t catch me never drooling over a nice buff to prot. 

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?
Blacksmithing + jewelcrafting. Two crafting proffesions, both perfectly suited for each another.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving?
Risen = Didn’t like their attitudes towards raid members.
Angels of Darkness = Exactly as Potions said. Co – GM leaving and our GM having a near heart attack over it. I decided to leave because of simply other friends leaving, before and after the predicament, and because of the guild master simply becoming too unstable to leave a guild without help.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?
In my talent tree I currently have Improved Shouts. This was simply because we lacked a retridin in our raids, so the attack power bonus provided the rest of our melee with a slight boost. I also place trauma on targets, which means a druid doesn’t have to be constantly vigilant over their debuff being applied. If you have a retridin, I can also switch my spec to the Incite spec, which comes with an improved Thunder Clap, meaning that if there is no warrior tank, I can simply click that one button and the tank will... not take as much damage. Razz

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?
Less nerfing please. Agreed that disarming would help on the second boss in ICC, and protect all you healers from my Bladestorm, but it’s not nice to see it happening to your class. Best thing on youtube = the videos of warriors in Vanilla 2 shotting mages with mortal strike.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?
An exceptional player, who can occasionally fault, but doesn’t mind being told if he has and learning to correct that mistake. I also think I can provide you with those nice abilities I mentioned above, and an offspec tank that will fill a raid spot in 10 man if needs be. I also have a large supply of flasks, thanks to a nice Boomkin whose alchemy skill procced a lot, and the ability to make feasts if the raid ever requires them.

What do you think Eternals can do for you?
Provide me with a nice shiny title that sits under my name. :p (Joke) It would be nice to meet the more hardcore players of wow, and see it from a different aspect with people who can progress and improve through each attempt they make on a boss with unrelenting dedication. I have met a couple of you on my alts, you seem like nice, casual, friendly people who I would enjoy to hang around and raid with.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
I never have my family hanging over my back when I’m raiding. I currently attend school still, but work is immediately done for more wow time. My name will never be revealed... (???)

Additional information which you would like to name?
On holiday at the moment, gonna be back by friday but should be able to pop on every now and then with my fail laptop. Also, as my laptop at the moment is quite outdated, and not as up to my high expectations as I would like it to be, as of it having a fail graphics card, when I get back from my holiday a nice new £1000 computer should be waiting for me. Smile

Er.... bump?

Last edited by Slayerwill on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

Slayerwill

Back to top Go down

Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Empty Re: Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined)

Post  Perkyspy Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice application will Smile

it'd be nice to see you in here as your a very competant raider, and even gives me a run for my money damage wise Very Happy

p.s His name is Will =o did iblow you secret?
Perkyspy
Perkyspy
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined) Empty Re: Arms Warrior - Re-Application (Declined)

Post  Paradar Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:58 am

Hello, thx for applying. realy sorry to say that we cant atm offer a trial for u, since wer haveing 1 arms 3 furys and 2 prot warriors
gl whit ur guild search
Paradar
Paradar
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayerwill Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Bump

Slayerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:03 pm

thanks for applying, we will get back to u soon

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradar Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 am

sorry to say this again, but same old answer. all old warriors still raiding (1 arms + 2 fury or 3 fury)
Paradar
Paradar
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaili Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 am

Paradar wants the shadowmourne im afraid bud.
Kaili
Kaili
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazilbrush Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 am

Bump, nothing to do with spots taken, to just said we're casual in your app - i'm deeply upset now.

Bazilbrush

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down