Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Vote_lcap60%Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Vote_lcap40%Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn)

4 posters

Go down

Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Empty Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn)

Post  Salomar Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Character name: Salomar
Class: Mage
Race: Human
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&cn=Salomar
UI screenshot: Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) 82523545.th
Played Time on your character: 156 days.
Professions and level of professions: 415/450 Engineering (enough for the enchants, will level up the last few points soon), 450/450 Elixir Master Alchemist.
Do you have a stable internet connection: My internet is usually stable, I'm hovering around 100 ms latency in raids (25-man).

What other characters do you have? A level 80 Blood Death Knight tank called Salothescary.

Raid times and Experience:

Monday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Tuesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:30-00:00 - Yes
Friday 19:30-xx:xx - 04:00 - Yes
Saturday: 19:30-xx:xx - 03:00 - Yes
Sunday 19:30-00:00 - Yes

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what? Before the big nerf to raids that arrived with 3.0.2 I had done the following raids: Karazhan, Zul'aman (3 timed), Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, 1/4 Tempest Keep, 1/6 Serpentshrine Cavern and 1/5 Hyjal Summit. I wasn't playing in Vanilla but I've done those raids at 70/80.

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hardmode? I have done all hard modes in 10-man Ulduar except for Alone in the Darkness, I have cleared all the normal modes in 25-man Ulduar, zero hardmodes.

Character specific questions:

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve them in the future: I've chosen my gear based on a few things, but the most important of them is, how is it itemized?

If an item has crit rating and spirit on it, it probably isn't an upgrade, if it on the other hand would be itemized for haste rating and crit rating/spirit it would be much more likely to be an upgrade. Arcane mages want haste, and loads of it. As haste rating is about twice as good as crit rating, I'm aiming towards all my items being itemized for haste and crit rating/spirit while still maintaining the hit cap. So until later, gief haste.

Comment on how you've chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen those enchants/gems: I've set the following rules for gemming my gear:
red sockets=pure spellpower gems
yellow gems=spellpower/haste-gems if the bonus gives me any stat that isn't completely wasted, if it is I put a spellpower gem in the yellow socket
blue sockets=spellpower/spirit-gems if the bonus is at least 7 spellpower or 8 haste rating per blue gem, otherwise spellpower gem.
Exception: I need more blue sockets for my meta-gem (two blue gems), in that case I'll socket spellpower/spirit-gems into anything that'll give me a socket-bonus by using them (preferably blue socket).

The reason I've decided to gem my character is that it is pretty much optimal, according to both me, RAWR and the mage community. The two piece T9 set bonus would change this by increasing the gain from spirit and thus making blue sockets with at least a 5 spellpower bonus per blue gem worth gemming after. At some gear-levels Reckless Ametrines (12 spellpower/10 haste) will be superior to Runed Cardinal Rubies (23 spellpower), that is, however, not actual with my gear.

What glyphs are you using and why? The glyphs I use are Glyph of Arcane Blast, Glyph of Molten Armor and Glyph of Arcane Missiles, all of these glyphs are pretty much set in stone for the arcane spec.
Glyph of Arcane Blast: adds another 3% damage to each stack of the Arcane Blast debuff.
Glyph of Arcane Missiles: increases the critical strike damage of my Arcane Missiles ability Glyph of Molten Armor: increases my gain from spirit. I believe that at zero spirit from gear (not including spirit from gems and enchants) Glyph of Arcane Power might be better for boss fights where burst damage is very important, this glyph would then replace the Molten Armor glyph.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experienced/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs? I have a few items I switch out/in depending on what raid buffs/spec I am playing, these are mostly used to give me enough hit rating to be hit capped when hit buffs are missing/active. My offspec is TTW/Fire, I use this spec when:
a) there is a lot of AoE involved in the encounter (where the mobs doesn't die within 12 seconds)
b) the 5% crit debuff is missing and is needed. I am up to date with the mechanics of the TTW/Fire spec, I am also up-to-date with how to play frost, but I don't know the spec very good in-depth.

We require you to at least have one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one? I have two crafting professions (one of them engineering), I just recently changed my Tailoring to Engineering because of the bigger dps increase for engineering bonuses.
The reason I kept Alchemy instead of Tailoring is that Tailoring and Engineering doesn't syncronise very well because of the cloak enchants both of them provides.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving? I left Swedish Elites because of performance and attendance issues, I really liked the players in that guild, but I felt that the level of raiding they offered wasn't enough for me.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strength do you feel your class and spec has over others? Arcane mages have sick on-demand burst, which can be incredible on some encounters (Lich King val'kyr, Professor Putricide oozes etc). Arcane mages also have very good sustained dps. As a fire mage, the sustained dps isn't quite as great as arcane, but it is still nothing to laugh at, the real strength of fire is the powerful AoE damage it can put out which is valuable on some bosses (<3 multi-dotting). As fire's damage will be upped in 3.3.3, it will be better than arcane on pretty much any boss where there is a bit of movement/AoE involved.

What one thing would you change about your class if you could? I would make the Arcane rotation less boring, spamming Arcane Blasts isn't very fun after a few months.

What do you think you could add to Eternals? A mage that knows his class well and doesn't stand in fire.

What do you think Eternals can do for you? I think Eternals could take me to another level of raiding, where everyone knows their stuff.

Personal information; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?
My name is David Sandmark, I'm fourteen years old and live just outside Stockholm in Sweden. My interests are World of Warcraft (wut?), reading books and astronomy. My family will not be of any worry.

Additional information you would like to name? I can provide a few WoL parses if you're interested.

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn)

Post  Salomar Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Here's a WoL from last week's 25-man ICC if you're interested: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e88huvh1yw8l8hml/dashboard/

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Post  Saphirejaffa Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey Salomar, Just had a look at gear and spec which all seems ok, gemming fine too. Only thing that stood out was the hit been slighty under cap. We already got people crying out for Draenei in group ^^

Saphy
Saphirejaffa
Saphirejaffa
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salomar Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:06 pm

The hit rating is mostly a non-issue as I have a few items that I can switch in for more hit without losing too much of my other stats.

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Post  Salomar Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 am

I've gotten myself a new UI and this is what it looks like:

Salomar - Arcane Mage (Withdrawn) 81288252.th

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Post  Fanthom Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:40 am

Eternals is stopping raiding, so...

You can see more here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12947125307&sid=1
Fanthom
Fanthom
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Salomar Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 am

Ye I just saw that a minute ago, guess that means I'll have to look for another guild, best of luck to you!

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 am

Change of plans, if you still wanna apply, then let us know.

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Salomar Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 am

I am in BRB now, thanks, you can change the status of this application to withdrawn.

Salomar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down