Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Vote_lcap60%Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Vote_lcap40%Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC

3 posters

Go down

Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Empty Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC

Post  Reese Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am

I thought i would raise this here. To prevent my nevering ending fight against WoW boredom i am going to collect a tank set and start tanking heroics. One interesting thing in all my investigations is the current debate on whether SoC or Sov is the best tank seal.
There are numerous discussions ongoin on the tankadina nd elitistjerks forums at present. From reading them i think the below statements are true.

SoV is better on single target fights once 5 stacks are appllied. It will remian better for the duration once this is achieved and maintained.

For packs of mobs 2-6 SoC is better providing provided that the fights are less than 1 minute in lenght.

For pack 2-6 mobs SoV is better provided the mobs live longer than 1 minute and correct tab targetting is used.

For packs > 6 SoV always wins provided that tab targetting is used.

There is a large "mathmatical" post to go with this information on the tankadin forums. Do the experience Paladin tanks here agree with these findings or am i simplifying this too much?

Another thing to consider is the SoC Cleave has 360 degree coverage.

Reese
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC Empty Re: Paladin tanking Seal. SoV vs SoC

Post  Ronab Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 am

I struggle to think of a situation where you wont hold aoe threat using SoV, from my experience and im sure from Tyrex aoe tanking on anub hardmode (where the adds last less than 1min) seal of vengeance is adequate. So the only argument id put forward is that you have to spend an extra talent point to get command, which youd take out of crusade, losing out on 2% overall damage :>

Ronab
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Reese Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 am

True, i did not think of it in that light more of a simple black or white scenario. lots of running heroics healing for me. a full tank set from scratch will take a few days.

5 pieces of t9 232 first up.

Reese
Eternals Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrex Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 am

tabing target is no that needed with SoV, seens the hammer of the righteous hit random targets, and the time it takes u to get a full 5 stack up on your main target to minimal, (fast wepon speed + hammer) and remember u leave a dot in case your mobs (mecanics) makes it run away. not to mention the glyph of SoV dont work with SoC Smile so imo, if u are tanking dont bother spending 1 point in SoC and get more dmg talents (SoV wins)
P.S. its dont matter if the SoC got a 360 cleve, u are tank so they should be infrom of u.

Tyrex
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum