Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hello all
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptySun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm by Tyrex

» Members Forum Access
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm by Ronab

» Holy Paladin (PPVKNIG)
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:36 am by Guest

» Hunter MM Application.. Again :P (Accepted)
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 am by Shadowhit

» Funny/good/lollong vids
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am by Kashah

» Eyara Discipline priest (Accepted)
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm by Eyara

» manelin [shadow/Holy Priest] (Declined)
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 am by Rigsby

» Non WoW related screens
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 am by Guest

» Zabineth (shadow priest) (Accepted)
Severion - Rogue (Declined) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 am by Rigsby

Poll

Remove the forums we dont ever use?

Severion - Rogue (Declined) Vote_lcap60%Severion - Rogue (Declined) Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Severion - Rogue (Declined) Vote_lcap40%Severion - Rogue (Declined) Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Severion - Rogue (Declined)

3 posters

Go down

Severion - Rogue (Declined) Empty Severion - Rogue (Declined)

Post  Severion Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:52 pm

General information:

Fair enough. I haven't ever killed a single boss before WotLK I only started playing in October 2008.
Even though the rogue class has been chomped and changed just enough times since then that it gives advantage to those who can understand and interpret what Blizzard are trying to do.

Characters name: Severion

Class:
Rogue

Race:
Human

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Severion

UI screenshot:
I don't have a screen shot, but I use the addon PowerAuras. I use PowerAuras in conjunction with RogueFocus to display the timers regarding Hunger For Blood and Slice and Dice and Rupture. I customised Power Auras so that it displays the icon of the abilities and displays a timer for how long they will be up.

Played Time on your character:

44 Days

Profesions and level of professions:

450 Mining/450 Skinning. Though I am currently wishing to progress with either J/C or Enchanting to replace Skinning.

Do you have a stable internet connection (Yes/No and average MS in raids):

Yes, around about 100 ms average.

What other characters do you have?

I have a Deathknight who currently has no DPS gear only Tank Gear. Working his way through Triumph Emblem Stuff.

Raid times and Experience:

We raid 7 days a week, days and times could possibly change in the future, please delete yes or no below depending on whether you would be able to attend or not. (server times)

Monday 19:30-00:00
Tuesday 19:30-00:00
Wednesday 19:30-00:00
Thursday 19:30-00:00
Friday 19:30-xx:xx
Saturday 19:30-xx:xx
Sunday 19:30-23:00

Yes to All.

Do you have pre-WotLK raiding experience, if so what?

No.

What 10 man and 25 man Ulduar bosses have you cleared and of which out of those bosses have you done on hard mode?

25 Ulduar - 13/14
Hard Modes - FL, XT, Hodir, Freya +2.

Explain your current gear choices and how you hope to improve then in the future.

Once upon a time, it was all about stacking agility. It gave you Attack Power in itself and it gave you Crit. However, with the new changes; an Assassination Rogue is going to benefit most from Attack Power, Haste and Armor Penetration. Although Armor Penetration was a weak stat for an assassination rogue it is now giving more benefit due to our changed rotation where rupture is not near as important as it used to be. We are now getting more DPS from Mutilate and Envenom.

Comment on how youve chosen to gem and enchant your character, and why you have chosen these gems/enchants.

Well my enchants are spot on. My gems are far from it. I'm planning to replace the lot of agility gems that ElitistJerks swore by 4 months ago with a mix of Attack Power/Armor Penetration and Haste gems. For a Mutilation rogue; less emphasis on ArP.

What glyphs are you using and why?

I am using the Major Glyphs of Mutilate and Hunger for Blood.

I used to use the Glyph of Rupture but since this is no longer necessary I use Glyph of Tricks of the Trade... Simply for an extra amount of time of Aggro transferral... I use Tricks of the Trade, everytime it is up.

Do you have any notable offspec gear and are you experience/up to date with the mechanics of playing your offspecs?

I do have some ilevel 232 swords etc but I refrain from using these as I prefer Assassintion over Combat (although less since its been easy moded)

We require you to have at least one crafting profession (not engineering). If you have two gathering professions, would you be prepared to reroll one?

Yes I understand. I'm going to go either J/C or Enchanting I think... or maybe L/W.

General questions

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving? (Chronological)

Cake. I had just got to veteran status within the guild when Cake decided to go the casual route and I ended up quitting WoW for a few months. Cake stopped raiding and veered off to a more social route. Not that I blame Cake or their Officers... They are good people, thats where I earned all of my noteworthy raid achievements.

Legacy. A good starter/upper guild that had promise but fell at the first hurdle after many people up and left when failing to get through Naxx 25 after they'd just started doing 25 man raids. I left shortly after a Naxx 10 raid in August that wiped 5 times on Heigan.

Serious Business. A good guild, my first raiding guild. However the leadership was wildy erratic at times and I did not agree with certain new leadership introduced.

What role do you feel you provide in a raid and what areas of strengths do you feel your class and spec has over others?

Basically, I provide solid DPS. Fights like Vezax and Jaraxxus benefit from interrupts that I can provide, although I believe this benefit is greater when solidly structured rather than some haphazard do-it-when-you-want-to routine with macros of who is interrupting or whatever. But, yeah, solid DPS whilst avoiding whatever goo or fire or shit thats coming at me, I'm good at that.

What 1 thing would you change about your class if you could?

I cant think of much...
But if I was going to choose something I'd like a permant form of Tricks of the Trade; like a buff. Where someone could be permantly selected as receiver of a percentage of the threat of a rogue's attacks for instance. It would just make things easier, whilst giving rogues a raid friendly buff that would help the tank to keep agro. Tricks of the Trade already gives a damage increase to the tank, it would just be better if did'nt have to be maintained every 30 secs.

What do you think you can add to Eternals?

Well I can add a decent dps to the raid enivironment, who can get out of fire etc... whilst giving a friendly outward persona that even other new people can relate to

What do you think Eternals can do for you?

Eternals can guide me through new raid environments whilst teaching me more about the old raids and how to get through them. I can learn from the more experienced members and I can learn even more about the new raid experiences in WoW by experiencing them alongside those who are more accustomed to their classes than me and can appreciate them more.

Personal infomation; Name, age, where you live, interests/hobbies, Job and family that will nag you to stop raiding?

Names Tom, I'm 23 and I live in Middlesbrough. I play the guitar and stuff but it won't really interrupt me raiding unless im wanted for some kind of weird guitar solo on vent!

Additional information which you would like to name?

Nothing I guess. Although before Cake went social we did a 25 man Sarth + 3 Drakes and it made me feel fuzzy inside and that is what the Win is made of.

Otherwise I like Metal, Speed Metal and Metalcore...

diss and die!

Severion

Back to top Go down

Severion - Rogue (Declined) Empty Re: Severion - Rogue (Declined)

Post  Beaker Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 am

Nice app though I'm not sure if we need another rogue (we have 2 members and one on trial i think....we could make you fight to the death ala star trek which could be fun i suppose Twisted Evil ) or more melee as we seem to be stacking dps that way already. I'll leave the technical details to the Scubamiester to cast his eye over your app.

GL with app
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 am

Likes = the app, well written, good knowledge except the arm pen for Mut is not right - stat prio is AP, haste and hit now, arm pen is way down and never gemmed. Liked the fact you are gonna change gems asap.

Dislikes = no raid profession at all, I can't see we can accept you until that is sorted. Not your fault but your experience isn't really what we are looking for at this stage.

Beaker will get back to you shortly with a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:11 am

Beaker wrote:we have 2 members and one on trial i think....

@ Beaker; U think? u jst broke my heart mate Sad

Anyways nice app dude, best of luck with it!
Stylesz
Stylesz

http://www.tagged.com/kimmels

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 am

Stylesz wrote:
Beaker wrote:we have 2 members and one on trial i think....

@ Beaker; U think? u jst broke my heart mate Sad

Anyways nice app dude, best of luck with it!

Very Happy

Was talking about Scuba mate!

(sorry its just that I like to take any excuse to use geek reference...I can almost hear the spock/kirk fight music playing now...)
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Stylesz Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:51 am

I love you
Stylesz
Stylesz

http://www.tagged.com/kimmels

Back to top Go down

Post  Beaker Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:11 am

Hi there. After discussion with our "senior" (read: old & senile Smile ) rogue we've decided that your app isn't quite what we are looking for and aren't going to be offering you a trial.

Good luck searching for another guild.
Beaker
Beaker
Gone, but not forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down